Celebrity Lance Bass Can Tweet About You, Too!
We received a pitch this week from a service called Celebrity Endorsement that claims you can pay to get Lance Bass to tweet about your company to reach is over 200,000 followers. Lance Bass? The former *NSYNC member who apparently is so hard up for cash that he needs you to pay him for publicity.
This type of service is nothing new for the social media realm. Kim Kardashian, Snoop Dogg and Charlie Sheen have made themselves piles of cash by simply typing out a 140-character tweet or two. They have all offered sponsored tweets to their hundreds of thousands of followers. As the celebrity rag Vulture reports, Kardashian recently snagged $10,000 to tweet out an endorsement for ShoeDazzle.com.
For his part, Snoop Dogg makes on average about $8,000 or more per tweet. He has a massive 10.4 million followers, and is in the upper stratum of the tweet elite.
Next up would be someone like Paula Abdul, whose 2.4 million followers net her a cool $5,000 per tweet. And on the lower end of things is Whitney Port, earning $2,500 for a sponsored tweet to her 900,000 followers.
So who is working behind the scenes to match brands with these high-profile tweeters? Ad.ly touts itself as the largest social media celebrity endorsement company created to capitalize on this social trend, and they connect the big names in advertising with the big names in pop culture.
To date, Ad.ly has brought together brands like CVS and American Airlines with celebrities to get them in front of a broader, social savvy audience that is very receptive to an endorsement from one of their pop idols.
And, while the average range for a sponsored tweet seems to be between $2,500 and $8,000, some celebs garner a much higher price tag.
Not quite sure where Lance Bass falls into the pay-per-tweet spectrum. Maybe Adotas should reach out and see if Mr. Bass is open to promoting our fun little advertising blog, although I want to be certain there are “No Strings Attached.”
Just checked out the Celebrity Endorsement website, gotta be the most fugly looking site I’ve seen in a while. Not sure what celebrity would want to associate themselves with a service with a website that looks like that.
Leave a Comment
- Personalization Isn’t Creepy; It’s a Reality & a Necessity for Success
- Big-Budget TV Ads Alone Aren’t Enough: Use Programmatic to Tell Your Brand Story
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me!
- Lotame and Optimizely Partner for Website Content Optimization and Personalization March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Lotame today announced [...] more »
- Study: 1% of Advertisers Generate 80% of Clicks Across 10 Search Categories in US, UK and France March 12th 2014 ROME, March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Paid search advertising is [...] more »
- Brainshark Launches Brainshark for Salesforce Work.com on Salesforce1 AppExchange March 12th 2014 WALTHAM, Mass., March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Brainshark, Inc., the [...] more »
- MediaBrix Launches In-Game Ad SDK for Intel’s Latest Platform March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) — MediaBrix, the leading [...] more »
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 — Fiverr®, the world’s largest [...] more »
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum March 11th 2014 VANCOUVER, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Shahrzad Rafati, founder and CEO [...] more »
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development March 11th 2014 NEW YORK, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Intent Media, an [...] more »
- Personalization Isn’t Creepy; It’s a Reality & a Necessity for Success March 12th 2014
- Big-Budget TV Ads Alone Aren’t Enough: Use Programmatic to Tell Your Brand Story March 12th 2014
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon March 11th 2014
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Courtesy to The Bellingham Business Journal | For Copywriters Only: [...] Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Fіnіѕhеԁ 3 Million Gigs® іn thе Palm οf Yουr
- Chris: I don't think BBTV drives success for online video creators by leveraging its proprietary technology
- Weekly RTB and Programmatic Marketing News from RTB Forums | My Blog / Website: [...] http://www.adotas.com/2014/03/sonobi-to-sponsor-premium-programmatic-event-in-nyc-next-week/ [...]
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Headlines Amazon Working on Music-Streaming ServiceThe Woman Who Scavenged SXSW For An iPadBroadbandTV