Celebrity Lance Bass Can Tweet About You, Too!
We received a pitch this week from a service called Celebrity Endorsement that claims you can pay to get Lance Bass to tweet about your company to reach is over 200,000 followers. Lance Bass? The former *NSYNC member who apparently is so hard up for cash that he needs you to pay him for publicity.
This type of service is nothing new for the social media realm. Kim Kardashian, Snoop Dogg and Charlie Sheen have made themselves piles of cash by simply typing out a 140-character tweet or two. They have all offered sponsored tweets to their hundreds of thousands of followers. As the celebrity rag Vulture reports, Kardashian recently snagged $10,000 to tweet out an endorsement for ShoeDazzle.com.
For his part, Snoop Dogg makes on average about $8,000 or more per tweet. He has a massive 10.4 million followers, and is in the upper stratum of the tweet elite.
Next up would be someone like Paula Abdul, whose 2.4 million followers net her a cool $5,000 per tweet. And on the lower end of things is Whitney Port, earning $2,500 for a sponsored tweet to her 900,000 followers.
So who is working behind the scenes to match brands with these high-profile tweeters? Ad.ly touts itself as the largest social media celebrity endorsement company created to capitalize on this social trend, and they connect the big names in advertising with the big names in pop culture.
To date, Ad.ly has brought together brands like CVS and American Airlines with celebrities to get them in front of a broader, social savvy audience that is very receptive to an endorsement from one of their pop idols.
And, while the average range for a sponsored tweet seems to be between $2,500 and $8,000, some celebs garner a much higher price tag.
Not quite sure where Lance Bass falls into the pay-per-tweet spectrum. Maybe Adotas should reach out and see if Mr. Bass is open to promoting our fun little advertising blog, although I want to be certain there are “No Strings Attached.”
Just checked out the Celebrity Endorsement website, gotta be the most fugly looking site I’ve seen in a while. Not sure what celebrity would want to associate themselves with a service with a website that looks like that.
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]