AFAIK: Discovery, AOL, AppNexus, AdVantage Networks, Opera, AK, Silverpop, AdRoll, Phizzle, SupersonicAds, Anametrix
Discovery has joined the list of top-tier publishers who rely on AOL to help distribute their video content to audiences across the web. Fans of shows like “MythBusters,” “Shark Week,” “Say Yes to the Dress” and “River Monsters” will be able to see clips of their favorite shows on the AOL On video hub, AOL’s owned and operated properties and publisher partners. More details can be found here.
AppNexus has closed on a Series D round of $75 million, led by Technology Crossover Ventures (TCV). “The obvious question is ‘what are we going to do with all of this money,’” wrote CEO Brian O’Kelley (pictured) in a blog post announcing the funding. “… We didn’t need to raise money to run the business. In addition, we decided not to take any money for management or employee liquidity, as we see huge upside opportunity over the next few years. On the other hand, Mike Nolet and I started AppNexus to create a great company that could transform (and dare I say fix) the complex, fragmented online advertising ecosystem. This investment allows us to accelerate our efforts in four key areas:” product, quality, people and innovation.
AdVantage Networks plans to introduce its new president on Monday, Jan. 28.
In December 2012, the Opera web browsers for mobile phones experienced the largest increase of users month over month since launch in 2006, the company announced this week. More than 208 million users surfed with Opera Mini in December, which, when combined with the Opera Mobile numbers, brings the total number of Opera mobile users to 229 million — an increase of more than 13 million users from November 2012. You can read more about it in Opera’s State of the Mobile Web report.
Aggregate Knowledge (AK) issued a study yesterday indicating that media plans with Facebook drive a 24-percent increase in sales. AK data from Q4 show that brands including FB in their media mix can reach more audiences – 45 percent of total users reached were exclusive to FB.
Silverpop, the Atlanta-based digital marketing technology provider that unifies marketing automation, email, mobile and social, achieved impressive new business growth of 40 percent as compared to 2011 and added 380 new customers, a third of which turned to the company for its marketing automation offerings, according to a company press release. More than 100 of those new customers selected the company in Q4. Most recent additions included APS Payroll, CSX Transportation, MATRIXX Software, Evernote, University of London and U.S. Space and Rocket Center.
Retargeting platform AdRoll announced yesterday that it tripled revenue in 2012 while maintaining profitability. AdRoll also expanded key teams in 2012, including engineering and product and added an average of 600 new customers a month while maintaining a 97-percent customer retention rate. Key to its successful year was AdRoll’s selection to participate in Facebook Exchange, allowing advertisers to re-engage their website audience on Facebook for the very first time. Since then, the company has managed over a thousand retargeting campaigns on FBX for 700+ customers and rolled out LiquidAds on FBX, an extension of AdRoll’s proprietary dynamic ad product.
Phizzle, a leading technology provider of advanced mobile marketing products and digital advertising solutions, has partnered with the NBA’s Golden State Warriors to power robust and enhanced digital marketing campaigns designed to enhance the mobile experience for fans during the 2012-2013 NBA season. A press release announcing the partnership explained that the Warriors are working with Phizzle to provide an SMS text campaign and “mobile alerts” program; ticket offer alerts via SMS text campaigns; a Stephen Curry autographed jersey contest promoted through SMS, Facebook and in-arena; and two ticket giveaway programs via SMS and social media.
SupersonicAds, a global leader in virtual currency monetization, has expanded its operations in the U.S. expansion by opening offices in both NYC and LA. The new offices join SupersonicAds global offices London (HQ), Tel Aviv, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, and San Francisco. Adidas, Dove, Kellogg’s, Disney, and Coca Cola have been among its clients.
Anametrix, the first cloud-based, real-time digital analytics platform, has launched an Anametrix Plug-in for Microsoft Excel, which embeds new marketing analytics capabilities directly into the Excel user interface. The product reportedly enables Anametrix users to easily create, refresh, upload and schedule reports from multichannel marketing data in Anametrix, and it delivers real-time access to all vendor and corporate data directly within the application marketers most frequently use for data analysis and reporting.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- DeskSite Partners with NFL to Offer Alternative to Broadcast TV
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- DeskSite Partners with NFL to Offer Alternative to Broadcast TV December 13th 2013 ADOTAS – DeskSite has just launched a digital video entertainment [...] more »
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers December 12th 2013 ADOTAS – Adobe just announced results for its fiscal year that [...] more »
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing December 12th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Marketo , provider [...] more »
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands December 12th 2013 SALT LAKE CITY, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Online marketers [...] more »
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel December 12th 2013 LONDON, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Audience insights company VisualDNA [...] more »
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding December 12th 2013 FORT WORTH, TX., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Simpli.fi, an [...] more »
- MyCityWay Partners with USA TODAY to Launch Vegas-Themed App December 12th 2013 NEW YORK and MCLEAN, VA., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – [...] more »
- Infographic: B2B Content Tug of War December 12th 2013
- 5 Mobile Strategies to Make Marketers Merry During the Holidays … and Beyond December 12th 2013
- Gone In 10 Seconds: How the Pioneers of Snapchat Marketing Use the App to Build Their Brand December 12th 2013
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Stephen: Your new autoplay video commercials are REALLY annoying. It means I cannot leave your story
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial