AFAIK: Covario, Mail Online, Mixpo, Rakuten LinkShare, Reply.com, Bazaarvoice, Zoosk, Camp + King
Covario has issued its Global Paid Search Spend Analysis for Q4 and 2012 as a whole, along with some recommended budgeting by region for 2013. It shows that search spending among the company’s high tech, CE and retail clients was up 18 percent for the year. Also, mobile search continues to grow as CPCs on tablets exceeded those on desktops for the second quarter in a row.
The February British edition of GQ has just named Martin Clarke (pictured), the editor of Mail Online, as one of their “100 Most Influential Men in Britain.” Clarke, who’s the top of the list of digital personalities, is cited for having “overseen the Mail Online’s rise to become the world’s biggest online newspaper with monthly unique browsers in excess of 112 million at the end of 2012 ... The ongoing growth in popularity of the website, which also incorporates stories from the Daily Mail newspaper, is stronger than all its national and international newspaper rivals. It has added a third more unique monthly browsers, some 27 million, since November 2011.” The timing of this is interesting since Clarke will now be spitting his time between the UK and the U.S., where Mail Online is reportedly America’s third biggest online newspaper behind NYTimes.com and WashingtonPost.com with U.S. traffic of 19.4 million monthly unique visitors and almost 2 million daily visits. With runaway organic growth – and growing at 5 percent compounded monthly – Mail Online is already far larger in the U.S. than sites like People.com, E! Online.com, EW.com and GAWKER.com, according to a company spokesperson. Clarke will be working in the U.S. with Rich Sutton and Sean O’Neal to spearhead Mail Online’s commercial business here.
Cloud-based video marketing platform Mixpo announced today that Charlie Tillinghast, former president of MSNBC Interactive News, has joined its Board of Directors. Most recently, as president of the Microsoft and NBC News joint venture, Tillinghast led the web site to a leadership position in profitability, traffic, technology innovation, and editorial excellence.
Rakuten LinkShare today announced it has been ranked the performance marketing industry’s top affiliate network for the second consecutive year. The ranking, based on an annual survey of online advertisers, publishers and agencies, was conducted by media entity mThink. The survey, known as the “Blue Book,” is an annual ranking that identifies the top 20 performance marketing networks among more than 500 in consideration. With survey participation up more than 40 percent over last year, the 2013 rankings reflect the experiences and opinions of more than 10,000 industry professionals with expertise in affiliate marketing and experience with the leading industry networks.
Reply.com today announced that Chris Mancini has joined the company as its chief marketing officer. Mancini brings over 12 years’ experience in performance-based online marketing operations and management. He spent two years as EVP and General Manager at QualityHealth, where he was responsible for consumer experience, client marketing, operations, media, client services and analytics. Before that, Mancini spent more than 10 years at QuinStreet, where he was instrumental in helping the company grow to over $300M in revenue and complete an IPO. As SVP and GM at QuinStreet, Mancini launched the company into new verticals and spearheaded efforts to form partnerships with Fortune 1000 companies and leading industry partners. Reply.com also announced that it has reached 1 million auctions per day and 26 million local consumer visits per month across all of its properties.
Bazaarvoice has appointed Ari Paparo to the position of Senior Vice President of Media Products. In this newly-created role, Paparo will be responsible for driving the growth and development of Bazaarvoice’s data, media, and advertising products. Paparo is a six-year veteran of Google and DoubleClick, where he was the Director of Product Management at Google’s DoubleClick business. Ari is well known in the online advertising community for his authorship of the VAST (Video Ad Serving Template) specification for online video and his development of an online gross ratings point (GRP) model for Nielsen. Immediately prior to Bazaarvoice, Paparo was the Senior Vice President of Product Management for AppNexus, where he launched the digital advertising industry’s first apps marketplace and helped the company grow more than 400 percent in 18 months.
Romantic social network Zoosk has launched its “Heart Friend” campaign – the first ad in a series of four was released on Dec. 26 and is included below. The creative (by Camp + King) is Zoosk’s typical cheeky ad style, but the strategy was a purely social ad buy as a replacement for TV.
- Pingback from News about covario issue #1 | SEO Software News
Leave a Comment
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding
- MyCityWay Partners with USA TODAY to Launch Vegas-Themed App
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing December 12th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Marketo , provider [...] more »
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands December 12th 2013 SALT LAKE CITY, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Online marketers [...] more »
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel December 12th 2013 LONDON, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Audience insights company VisualDNA [...] more »
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding December 12th 2013 FORT WORTH, TX., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Simpli.fi, an [...] more »
- MyCityWay Partners with USA TODAY to Launch Vegas-Themed App December 12th 2013 NEW YORK and MCLEAN, VA., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – [...] more »
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison December 11th 2013 ADOTAS – Lest we forget, Google is an advertising company [...] more »
- Rubicon Project Strengthens Senior Leadership Team With Strategic New Hires December 11th 2013 LOS ANGELES, December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Rubicon Project (www.rubiconproject.com), [...] more »
- 5 Mobile Strategies to Make Marketers Merry During the Holidays … and Beyond December 12th 2013
- Gone In 10 Seconds: How the Pioneers of Snapchat Marketing Use the App to Build Their Brand December 12th 2013
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Sharpen Your Marketing Strategy with Accountable Media December 10th 2013
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial
- CimatronE 11 Provides Italian Manufacturer With Major Gun Drilling Efficiencies | contractor-software.us: [...] SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet Click fraud, pixel-jacking and