AFAIK: Adap.tv, Springpad, SponsorPay, Outcast Media, Anametrix, IGN
Here’s what I heard through the online grapevine today:
- Adap.tv has appointed Timothy R. Morse (pictured) to the newly created position of Chief Financial Officer. Morse joins Adap.tv from Yahoo!, where was Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer from June 2009 to October 2012. Morse was responsible for all aspects of finance, investor relations, facilities, procurement and mergers & acquisitions. In addition, he served as the company’s Interim Chief Executive Officer from September 2011 to January 2012. Prior to Yahoo!, Morse was CFO of Altera Corporation (ALTR). He also spent 15 years with General Electric, holding a variety of positions at GE Plastics, GE Appliances and GE Capital in North America, Europe and Asia.
- “Smart notebook” app developer Springpad has forged strategic partnerships with Snooth, one of the world’s largest and most comprehensive online wine destinations; Breville, the global maker of kitchen appliances; and Wayfair.com, the largest online retailer of home goods and furnishings. With their coordination, Springpad has launched a new website to coincide of National Organization Month, which offers expert tips to help people get organized and achieve their resolutions in 2013. National Organization Month Springpad notebooks have been developed in collaboration with its brand partners in addition to celebrity tastemakers such as professional personal trainer Lacey Stone, financial expert Carmen Wong Ulrich, and “The Most Organized Man in America” Andrew Mellen.
- SponsorPay, the value-exchange advertising company, announced the hiring yesterday of Andrew Bibby (pictured) as Senior Vice President of Global Advertising Sales. In this role Bibby will oversee the strategy and execution of all initiatives surrounding SponsorPay’s BrandEngage platform, including growth and development of the technology in current and new markets. Bibby joins SponsorPay from Microsoft where he was the Global Agency Director and was responsible for establishing and fortifying the company’s relationship with WPP. Bibby will be working from SponsorPay’s London office.
- Outcast Mediatoday announced three new hires as part of the company’s continued expansion. The new hires include Eric Davies, Senior Director of Sales, Detroit (formerly of CBS Interactive); Wes Waterston, Director of Sales, Central Region (formerly of Bluefin Labs); and Kim Lane, Director of Sales, West Region (formerly of Rocket Fuel and Edmunds.com). Outcast currently runs two digital media networks: the Fuel Network and the Fitness Network. Advertisers reach a Nielsen-audited audience of more than 68 million viewers each month at health clubs and gas stations in 179 DMAs.
- Anametrix, the cloud-based, real-time digital analytics platform, has appointed Sales Directors Christien Louviere (Southeast Region based in Atlanta) and Paul Taft (Northern California Region based in San Francisco) to spearhead a recent, bi-coastal company expansion. Louviere, brings more than 10 years of expertise at companies ranging from Connexxions Media Group, Oracle (formerly Vitrue), RageGage, Wildfire Interactive by Google, and CBS Outdoor (formerly Viacom), where he was one of nine recipients of the 2005 Viacom Outdoor All-Star Award. Taft, Anametrix joins the company from Experian/Hitwise, where he garnered the “Experian Elite” for top 10-percent performance company-wide last year, as well as “Top Dog in Sales” in 2011 and top sales against goal for two other quarters, and has also held business-development positions at Engage Media, Microsoft Sidewalk and Quickstart Technologies.
- Video games media company IGN Entertainment has announced its new “integrated content everywhere” ad unit, which allows sponsors to align their brand messages with IGN’s content within the unit. Launching this week with Speed Stick ®, IGN’s official sponsor for CES 2013, it features real-time updates and on-the-ground coverage from the show. The unit feeds in related content and social elements and partners it with branded elements, messaging and pre-roll video. Brands are able to engage users with initial in-ad messaging and move with them as they click-through the unit to IGN articles, videos and live stream links, giving the advertiser multiple touch points and longer engagement time with the user.
Leave a Comment
- Google Now Auto-Converts Flash Ads to HTML5 on Mobile–THANKS!
- GSMA (Groupe Speciale Mobile Association) Sees Mobile Booming by 1 Billion New Subscribers
- Building on the Lessons Learned: Give Yourself a Head Start in Programmatic Mobile
- Using Beacon Signals and Geofences to Maximize Mobile Ad Campaigns
- Sizmek’s Picks: Ads of the Week for Feb. 23-27