AdBrite to Shut Down This Friday
Venerable ad exchange AdBrite sent an email yesterday to all of its publishers and advertisers stating that it would shutter its operations as of Friday, Feb. 1.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE ADOTAS NEWSLETTER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE!
The move came after a deal to sell the company reportedly fell through, according to a story published earlier today by AdBalance.
Based in San Francisco, AdBrite began life as Marketbanker.com in 2002, founded by Philip J. Kaplan and Gidon Wise. It was rebooted as an ad network under the AdBrite name in 2004, and then became an independent ad exchange in 2008.
At its height, AdBrite as an ad exchange reportedly rivaled Google and Yahoo, reaching more than 300 million global unique visitors (150 million in the U.S.) each month.
CEO Hardeep Bindra (pictured), who came to AdBrite from Yahoo’s Right Media, was quoted on All Things Digital as saying he was brought aboard last April to set the company up for sale, but talks toward that end fell apart earlier this month.
This will definitely cause a wave of change in the ad exchange industry.
For all those publishers looking for an alternative, check out Qadabra (www.qadabra.com), we’re a simple, straightforward ad platform for publishers everywhere; we’ve already helped dozens of publishers and would be happy to help many more. For more info, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/qadabraplatform
wow, no 3 months announcement before shutdown huh? I’ve been with adbrite for over 10 years and have a lot of money on my adbrite account and just like that they announced closing without an advance warning…..wow.
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]