AdBrite to Shut Down This Friday
Venerable ad exchange AdBrite sent an email yesterday to all of its publishers and advertisers stating that it would shutter its operations as of Friday, Feb. 1.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE ADOTAS NEWSLETTER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE!
The move came after a deal to sell the company reportedly fell through, according to a story published earlier today by AdBalance.
Based in San Francisco, AdBrite began life as Marketbanker.com in 2002, founded by Philip J. Kaplan and Gidon Wise. It was rebooted as an ad network under the AdBrite name in 2004, and then became an independent ad exchange in 2008.
At its height, AdBrite as an ad exchange reportedly rivaled Google and Yahoo, reaching more than 300 million global unique visitors (150 million in the U.S.) each month.
CEO Hardeep Bindra (pictured), who came to AdBrite from Yahoo’s Right Media, was quoted on All Things Digital as saying he was brought aboard last April to set the company up for sale, but talks toward that end fell apart earlier this month.
This will definitely cause a wave of change in the ad exchange industry.
For all those publishers looking for an alternative, check out Qadabra (www.qadabra.com), we’re a simple, straightforward ad platform for publishers everywhere; we’ve already helped dozens of publishers and would be happy to help many more. For more info, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/qadabraplatform
wow, no 3 months announcement before shutdown huh? I’ve been with adbrite for over 10 years and have a lot of money on my adbrite account and just like that they announced closing without an advance warning…..wow.
Leave a Comment
- Breaking: VivaKi and Mass Relevance Announce Partnership June 17th 2013 AUSTIN, TX, June 17, 2013 (ADOTAS) – VivaKi, a global [...] more »
- Video: Small Business Should Visualize the Use of QR Codes June 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Once upon a time, and not so long [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Cookies Dominate on Desktop June 17th 2013 ADOTAS — In last week’s Voter Booth, we asked our [...] more »
- Facebook Unveils #Hashtag Strategies for Advertisers June 17th 2013 ADOTAS — After months of speculation, Facebook has finally announced [...] more »
- Can Programmatic Buying Save Traditional Media? June 14th 2013 ADOTAS — Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, Pandora, Spotify … these services [...] more »
- WATCH: 7 Days of Creative Inspiration from Cannes Lion June 14th 2013 ADOTAS — Cannes Lions is underway. The International Festival of [...] more »
- VIDEO: Be On Integrates Emotion Measurement Platform Into Branded Video Campaigns June 14th 2013 LONDON, June 14, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Be On, AOL’s global [...] more »
- Video: Small Business Should Visualize the Use of QR Codes June 17th 2013
- Facebook Unveils #Hashtag Strategies for Advertisers June 17th 2013
- Can Programmatic Buying Save Traditional Media? June 14th 2013
- WATCH: 7 Days of Creative Inspiration from Cannes Lion June 14th 2013
- Lost in Translation: Bridging the Chasm Between ‘Search Engine’ and ‘Marketing’ Through Entity Ads June 13th 2013
- Marketing Research Analyst
- Director of Business Valuation - Financial Advisor
- Digital Project Manager
- Director of Business Valuation - Financial Adviso
- Business Solutions - CRM Pre-Sales Architect - Tec
- Amit Goswami: Success of display programmatic IO is built on matured interoperable audience targeting standard. It wont
- Tom: Great infographic! Informative and fun.
- The Pageview Industrial Complex - Marketing Talent Inc - Marketing Talent Inc: [...] eye-tracking advertising test to date has demonstrated that consumers have developed a keen “banner
- clypd discusses challenges with cross-channel attribution | clypd: [...] Conversion Attribution In Cross-Channel Marketing: Giving Credit Where Credit Is Due [...]