AdBrite to Shut Down This Friday
Venerable ad exchange AdBrite sent an email yesterday to all of its publishers and advertisers stating that it would shutter its operations as of Friday, Feb. 1.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE ADOTAS NEWSLETTER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE!
The move came after a deal to sell the company reportedly fell through, according to a story published earlier today by AdBalance.
Based in San Francisco, AdBrite began life as Marketbanker.com in 2002, founded by Philip J. Kaplan and Gidon Wise. It was rebooted as an ad network under the AdBrite name in 2004, and then became an independent ad exchange in 2008.
At its height, AdBrite as an ad exchange reportedly rivaled Google and Yahoo, reaching more than 300 million global unique visitors (150 million in the U.S.) each month.
CEO Hardeep Bindra (pictured), who came to AdBrite from Yahoo’s Right Media, was quoted on All Things Digital as saying he was brought aboard last April to set the company up for sale, but talks toward that end fell apart earlier this month.
This will definitely cause a wave of change in the ad exchange industry.
For all those publishers looking for an alternative, check out Qadabra (www.qadabra.com), we’re a simple, straightforward ad platform for publishers everywhere; we’ve already helped dozens of publishers and would be happy to help many more. For more info, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/qadabraplatform
wow, no 3 months announcement before shutdown huh? I’ve been with adbrite for over 10 years and have a lot of money on my adbrite account and just like that they announced closing without an advance warning…..wow.
Leave a Comment
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via Edelman Digital) — Pinterest has always been defined [...] more »
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Landing pages represent the tipping point for affiliate [...] more »
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – More often than not, companies that are not [...] more »
- Combatting Click Fraud: An Ad Network Checklist May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Click fraud remains a nettlesome problem for advertisers, [...] more »
- AFAIK: Quantasy, SDL, MARS Advertising, Concentric, engajer, Burstly May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – Here’s what we herd through the digital grapevine [...] more »
- Blogshare: Twitter Launches Lead Generation Card May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via MediaWhiz) – [Yesterday's] announcement by Twitter of the [...] more »
- Wired to Share: New Research from ShareThis and Digitas Reveals Important Insights into Digital Sharing Behavior of Moms May 22nd 2013 PALO ALTO, CALIF., May 22, 2013 (ADOTAS) – In one [...] more »
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013
- Combatting Click Fraud: An Ad Network Checklist May 23rd 2013
- Blogshare: Twitter Launches Lead Generation Card May 23rd 2013
- Business Analyst - IT Operations
- Client Relationship Manager
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- ISA Computer: This is great for a more catchy ad.
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know | Domain Hacking: [...] Permalink [...]
- JamalK: Thanks for this Richard! I think its really difficult to make a case for how
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] The live video post was the third most read article of the day, followed