AdBrite to Shut Down This Friday
Venerable ad exchange AdBrite sent an email yesterday to all of its publishers and advertisers stating that it would shutter its operations as of Friday, Feb. 1.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE ADOTAS NEWSLETTER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE!
The move came after a deal to sell the company reportedly fell through, according to a story published earlier today by AdBalance.
Based in San Francisco, AdBrite began life as Marketbanker.com in 2002, founded by Philip J. Kaplan and Gidon Wise. It was rebooted as an ad network under the AdBrite name in 2004, and then became an independent ad exchange in 2008.
At its height, AdBrite as an ad exchange reportedly rivaled Google and Yahoo, reaching more than 300 million global unique visitors (150 million in the U.S.) each month.
CEO Hardeep Bindra (pictured), who came to AdBrite from Yahoo’s Right Media, was quoted on All Things Digital as saying he was brought aboard last April to set the company up for sale, but talks toward that end fell apart earlier this month.
This will definitely cause a wave of change in the ad exchange industry.
For all those publishers looking for an alternative, check out Qadabra (www.qadabra.com), we’re a simple, straightforward ad platform for publishers everywhere; we’ve already helped dozens of publishers and would be happy to help many more. For more info, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/qadabraplatform
wow, no 3 months announcement before shutdown huh? I’ve been with adbrite for over 10 years and have a lot of money on my adbrite account and just like that they announced closing without an advance warning…..wow.
Leave a Comment
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013 ADOTAS — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than