You’re In The Game: Activision, MEC and Millennial Media Partner to Launch ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops’ 2 in UK
LONDON (December 05, 2012) — Activision, MEC Global and Millennial Media (NYSE:MM), today announced a new mobile advertising campaign around the launch of “Call of Duty: Black Ops 2,” the latest installment of one of the most popular video game franchises in the world.
The campaign is the first to use Millennial Media’s new Photo Shoot rich media feature, which leverages the camera functionality of mobile devices to present an interactive, social experience not possible in any other medium.
The creative unit is running as both an expandable banner and an interstitial, and when a consumer encounters the ad, an image appears of an official “Call of Duty: Black Ops” soldier, with a custom animation in the background featuring white smoke moving across the screen. The consumer is then prompted with the ability to call up their camera, and once a picture is taken, the face of the person in the photo is inserted onto the image of the soldier, bringing out “the soldier in all of us.”
Once the custom image is created, users are given the option to download the picture or share via social media. A second ad unit in the campaign allows consumers to send a tweet from directly within the creative, giving them another opportunity to organically raise awareness around the game release and create additional earned media for the brand.
“The campaign actively encourages consumers to interact with the ad, and lends itself perfectly to social media and viral sharing,” said Alex Hicks, Account Manager, MEC Global. “Mobile presented us with a creative way to connect consumers with the Call of Duty brand, and present them with an experience unlike anything they had seen before. “
“The Photo Shoot ad unit is one of many rich media features we offer that takes advantage of the native capabilities of the mobile device,” said Gavin Stirrat, MD, EMEA, Millennial Media. “One of the inherent advantages to advertising in mobile is the ability to leverage these uniquely mobile features, and this is an example of how to do that in a way that will boost engagement.”
The campaign is targeted to gaming enthusiasts and men 18- 34, and is running on both Android and iOS devices. From within both ad units, consumers can also visit the official ”Call of Duty” mobile-optimised website, where they can view game trailers and order the game directly from their device.
Activision, MEC and Millennial Media previously teamed up to launch “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3″ in 2011. The game became the largest entertainment launch of all time and grossed over $1 Billon in 14 days. For this year’s “Call of Duty” release, Millennial Media was Activision’s exclusive UK mobile media partner.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day
- New Adchemy Software Puts Multiplier Effect On Keyword Search Campaign Revenue
- Exclusive: American Laser Skincare Taps Matomy as Agency of Record
- Unicorn Media’s Dynamic Ad Insertion Technology Enables Video Monetization on Twitter
- Simulmedia Closes $25 Million D Round
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Marketers all have different opinions about how much [...] more »
- New Adchemy Software Puts Multiplier Effect On Keyword Search Campaign Revenue December 10th 2013 SEARCH INSIDER SUMMIT, PARK CITY, Utah, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- Exclusive: American Laser Skincare Taps Matomy as Agency of Record December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Today, American Laser Skincare, a large provider of laser [...] more »
- Unicorn Media’s Dynamic Ad Insertion Technology Enables Video Monetization on Twitter December 10th 2013 TEMPE, AZ, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Unicorn Media, the [...] more »
- Simulmedia Closes $25 Million D Round December 10th 2013 NEW YORK, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Simulmedia, a targeted [...] more »
- Fiverr® Launches iPhone App: Puts 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand December 10th 2013 NEW YORK, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Fiverr®, the world’s [...] more »
- Scripps Acquires Newsy for $35 Million December 9th 2013 CINCINNATI, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) – The E.W. Scripps Company [...] more »
- Sharpen Your Marketing Strategy with Accountable Media December 10th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Female Game Players are Stealing TV Advertising Budgets December 10th 2013
- Media Consolidation Is Revolutionizing Marketing December 9th 2013
- Google’s Disavow Tool: The What, Why and How December 9th 2013
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than