TRUSTe and Millennial Media Partner on Data Privacy Management For Leading Mobile Advertising Platform
SAN FRANCISCO (December 6, 2012) – TRUSTe, the leading data privacy management solutions provider, and Millennial Media (NYSE: MM), the leading independent mobile advertising and data platform, today announced a worldwide partnership to deliver data privacy management across Millennial’s global platform. Under terms of the agreement, Millennial will standardize on TRUSTed Mobile Ads, the industry’s first and only unified privacy management platform for mobile advertising, announced earlier this year. (See release here.)
By integrating TRUSTed Mobile Ads directly into its platform, Millennial will provide its clients with a mobile advertising solution that increases consumer trust and engagement with mobile privacy management capabilities that support notice and choice and fully comply with emerging best practices regarding the collection and usage of customer data.
“TRUSTe is excited to deliver data privacy management services for Millennial’s expansive global client base through this agreement,” said Chris Babel (picttured), CEO for TRUSTe. “By ensuring safe and efficient handling of consumers’ personal data, we increase market confidence and establish a foundation that allows businesses to effectively implement new and transformative mobile technologies.”
“By integrating TRUSTe’s proven data management solution into our platform, we are giving our customers the best tools available to build trust with their target audience,” said Ho Shin, General Counsel and Chief Privacy Officer for Millennial Media. “With global compatibility, TRUSTed Mobile Ads also supports our customers’ worldwide mobile marketing objectives by adhering to industry-leading standards of privacy in the U.S. as well as internationally.”
Partnership Follows DAA Model to Support Innovation and Protect Consumers
By implementing TRUSTed Mobile Ads, Millennial will provide transparency across its entire platform with full interoperability for all mobile devices and operating systems. TRUSTed Mobile Ads follows the DAA AdChoice principles supporting clear and easy-to-understand privacy notifications for consumers regarding OBA.
“The partnership between TRUSTe and Millennial exemplifies the industry cooperation we envision as we apply our OBA principles to the mobile space. Their collective efforts give consumers more understanding and control over their choices with a solution that has been optimized for mobile,” said Stu Ingis, General Counsel for the DAA. “TRUSTe and Millennial are helping to build trust for the advertising community and giving consumers control to engage in an increasingly mobile world.”
TRUSTed Mobile Ads includes an easy-to-use preference management system that enables consumers to manage their personal privacy settings across mobile devices and websites, as well as a mobile app SDK for iOS and Android. For more information about TRUSTed Mobile Ads, call 888-878-7830 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Millennial Media
Millennial Media is the leading independent mobile advertising and data platform. Our technology, tools and services help app developers and mobile website publishers maximize their advertising revenue, acquire users and gain audience insights. Our platform also enables us to offer advertisers powerful Mobile Audience Solutions (MAS) that utilize our significant scale, sophisticated targeting and uniquely engaging creative capabilities to deliver meaningful results.
TRUSTe is the leading data privacy management solutions provider and offers a broad suite of solutions that enable companies to safely and efficiently handle the customer data powering their online businesses – including advertising, cloud services, mobile applications, and websites. Over 5,000 web properties from top companies like Apple, AT&T, Disney, eBay, HP, Microsoft, and Nationwide rely on TRUSTe to ensure compliance with evolving and complex privacy requirements. TRUSTe’s mission, based on a “Truth in Privacy” framework, is built on a solid foundation of transparency, choice and accountability regarding the collection and use of personal information. TRUSTe’s privacy seal is recognized and trusted by millions of consumers as a sign of responsible privacy practices. For additional information on TRUSTe and its offerings, please visit http://www.truste.com.
Has anyone had issues with mobile malware from Millennial Media, AdMob or Flurry? I think they are respectable companies and would never allow any malware but I know ad networks spread this stuff. I use Airpush so I know for a fact that they partnered with AppThority to eliminate the threat of mobile malware on the Airpush ad network (which is fantastic and one of the reasons I’m loyal to Airpush), but I’m not sure what the other ad networks are doing or have done (if anything).
Leave a Comment
- Adotas Poll: Pay Music Service Will Have Most Affect On Google’s Bottom Line May 24th 2013 ADOTAS – In last week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Report: Tremor Video Files for IPO May 24th 2013 ADOTAS – Are our readers incredibly influential, or are they [...] more »
- How to Make Lead Exchange Work May 24th 2013 ADOTAS — The idea of lead exchanges has hardly been [...] more »
- A Whole New Ballgame: Sports Ticketing in the Connected Age May 24th 2013 ADOTAS — In the next five years the ticket market [...] more »
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via Edelman Digital) — Pinterest has always been defined [...] more »
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Landing pages represent the tipping point for affiliate [...] more »
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – More often than not, companies that are not [...] more »
- How to Make Lead Exchange Work May 24th 2013
- A Whole New Ballgame: Sports Ticketing in the Connected Age May 24th 2013
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013
- Digital Account Executive
- Sr Planner- Digital Vendor Marketing
- Business Analyst - IT Operations
- Client Relationship Manager
- Print and Web Manager
- Report: Tremor Video Files for IPO: [...] company’s IPO would draw the strongest response: Tremor Video, Yu.Me or Adap.tv. A staggering
- Report: Tremor Video Files for IPO: [...] Friday, based on a May 9 report from Bloomberg, we conducted a poll asking
- Bob Gordon: Cave Drawings still convey their creators thoughts and ideas...the debate about the effectiveness of display
- Streaming Music Service Payments | Copy Combine Transform: [...] pressure on recorded music value has resulted in a streaming service business model that