The AOL On Network Launches Its Connected TV App on Xbox LIVE
NEW YORK (December 18, 2012) – The AOL On Network today announced that its app is now available for download on Xbox 360®, giving 40 million Xbox LIVE® subscribers access to a wide selection of rich, high-definition videos. AOL On recently launched an updated version of its connected TV app that features ad-serving capabilities. With the addition of Xbox 360 to the line-up of supported platforms, which includes Samsung, Roku and Sony devices, advertisers will be able to access a wide swath of highly engaged users.
The AOL On app will give Xbox LIVE users access to a constantly updated selection of The AOL On Network’s library of more than 420,000 short-form videos, which includes AOL original content from properties like Huffington Post, Engadget and TechCrunch, as well as from content partners like Reuters, AP, BBC, E!, ET Online, Sugar, Splash News, CNET and Martha Stewart. With Xbox LIVE subscribers spending more and more time on Xbox 360 playing games, watching videos and listening to music, The AOL On Network’s vast video catalog is a great way to catch up with fresh and relevant content at any time.
“Since inception, our mission has been to make the entertainment people love more amazing on Xbox,” said Ross Honey, general manager of Xbox LIVE Entertainment and Advertising. “Adding the AOL On app allows us to further this mission by creating a one-stop shop entertainment destination for users to partake in their favorite Xbox activities, whether it’s gaming, watching videos, listening to music or browsing the web.”
AOL On’s Xbox app leverages Kinect for Xbox 360 and allows users to control the app using gestures and voice commands, allowing them to “swipe” through The AOL On Network’s vast library of professionally produced video content in order to access the video of their choice. Videos can be easily shared with the app’s built-in social functionality enabling users to sign into their Facebook accounts and instantly share their favorite videos with friends.
“Working with an industry leader like Xbox gives us the unique opportunity to expose our video content to tens of millions of new users, and significantly enhance the audience for our advertiser partners,” said Rob DelaCruz, General Manager, Connected TV and Mobile Video, The AOL On Network. “We have always believed that our video library is comprised of truly the best video content on the web, but there’s really no better validation than when a leader like Xbox turns to us to enhance their offering with our content.”
Launched in April 2012, The AOL On Network brings AOL’s entire video offering under one umbrella and reaches more than 53 million unique visitors per month. It is one of the top 10 video platforms on the web according to comScore and is number one in content-only categories including TV, Lifestyle, Home, Beauty/Fashion/Style, Food, Education, Travel Information, Autos, Health, Maps, Pets and Tech Information.The network attracts more than 1B video streams per month.*
*comScore Media Metrix, October 2012 Content Only Videos
AOL Inc. is a brand company, committed to continuously innovating, growing, and investing in brands and experiences that inform, entertain, and connect the world. The home of a world-class collection of premium brands, AOL creates original content that engages audiences on a local and global scale. We help marketers connect with these audiences through effective and engaging digital advertising solutions.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- Watch it Live: Xbox Reveal, 5/21 at Noon EDT/10 a.m. PDT May 20th 2013 ADOTAS (via CNET) – Check out CNET’s live coverage of [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’ve solicited comments from industry leaders in [...] more »
- AFAIK: Poptent, Clear Channel Outdoor, Infusionsoft, Silverpop May 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Here’s what jumped out of my Inbox and [...] more »
- Live Twitter feed from Internet Week New York May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – This year’s Internet Week New York (#IWNY) will [...] more »
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Digital advertising and technology collide this week as [...] more »
- Report: David Karp sells Tumblr to Yahoo! for $1.1 Billion May 20th 2013 ADOTAS (via New York’s Daily News) — Who wants to [...] more »
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Pinterest Roundup — May 2013 | Technology for Publishing LLC: [...] Early Pinterest Analytics Show Brand Potential [...]
- YouTube Turns Eight As Platform Surpasses More Than 100 Hours Of Video … | HOW CAN I GET MONEY: [...] in the look, feel and behavior of Google Objects. The integration is easy, and
- MobiKeith: Well done. Gr8 read. Concepts can b used in general sales/marketing environment. Tx.
- Client News Weekly Wrap Up: [...] PunchTab founder and CEO Ramjet Kumaran, lists four best practices for using incentives to attract and