Taykey Analyzes Social Chatter Surrounding Holiday Shopping
- Many of the terms associated with App Store were what you’d expect (iphone, itunes, mac) but Taykey was surprised to find Windows and Windows 8 correlated with App Store.
- Best Buy had the strongest connection with the terms “cyber monday” and “black friday” of any of the retailers. That could be good news or bad news — good news if they successfully marketed their sale prices, bad news if people only seek out Best Buy because of temporary low prices.
- Target was the only retailer associated with the word “coupon” while Best Buy was the only one associated with the word “sale.” That could be good news or bad news — good news if they successfully marketed their sale prices or made their coupons desirable, bad news if people only seek out these (troubled) retailers because of temporary low prices.
- Best Buy was the only retailer with an association to the word “santa”.
- Amex, Target, Best Buy and Sears were connected with the word “gift.” However, all of these except Best Buy was also associated with the phrase “gift card.” This is also potentially good news or bad for Best Buy, depending on how much they depend on breakage from gift cards to boost their margins.
- Perhaps unsurprisingly, the retailers that are also product brands (Nike, Ugg) were associated more with products than with more general terms, although Best Buy was associated with the “nintendo wii.”
- Much of the discussion of Sears and Walmart was associated with the factory fire there, in Walmart’s case, with labor issues that annually surface at this time of year.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – The first-ever Westchester Digital Summit was held on May [...] more »
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Strong marketing strategies attract attention and build the [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Tremor Video IPO Would Be A Success May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – In this week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – We’ve asked our esteemed panel of industry thought [...] more »
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – Tony Stark aka Iron Man is restless. The [...] more »
- Pandora is First Digital Publisher to Offer e-Business Advertising Integration into Media Buying Platforms May 16th 2013 OAKLAND, CALIF., May 15, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Pandora (NYSE: P), [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Ads That Look at You: How Eye-Tracking Technologies Will Change the Advertising Game May 15th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Backlinks uk: Within search engine optimisation (SEO), one way links reference hyper-links aiming to a distinct Website
- energy-physics: Media.net is a fantastic ad program. But now a days I cant customize their ads.
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? – Adotas | Social Media Strategy Plan: [...] Permalink [...]
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements?: [...] “What will be the impact of the big announcements coming out of this week’s