Taykey Analyzes Social Chatter Surrounding Holiday Shopping
- Many of the terms associated with App Store were what you’d expect (iphone, itunes, mac) but Taykey was surprised to find Windows and Windows 8 correlated with App Store.
- Best Buy had the strongest connection with the terms “cyber monday” and “black friday” of any of the retailers. That could be good news or bad news — good news if they successfully marketed their sale prices, bad news if people only seek out Best Buy because of temporary low prices.
- Target was the only retailer associated with the word “coupon” while Best Buy was the only one associated with the word “sale.” That could be good news or bad news — good news if they successfully marketed their sale prices or made their coupons desirable, bad news if people only seek out these (troubled) retailers because of temporary low prices.
- Best Buy was the only retailer with an association to the word “santa”.
- Amex, Target, Best Buy and Sears were connected with the word “gift.” However, all of these except Best Buy was also associated with the phrase “gift card.” This is also potentially good news or bad for Best Buy, depending on how much they depend on breakage from gift cards to boost their margins.
- Perhaps unsurprisingly, the retailers that are also product brands (Nike, Ugg) were associated more with products than with more general terms, although Best Buy was associated with the “nintendo wii.”
- Much of the discussion of Sears and Walmart was associated with the factory fire there, in Walmart’s case, with labor issues that annually surface at this time of year.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Duracell Powermat and Unruly Partner to Support 2013 Holiday Campaign
- DeskSite Partners with NFL to Offer Alternative to Broadcast TV
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Duracell Powermat and Unruly Partner to Support 2013 Holiday Campaign December 13th 2013 NEW YORK, December 13, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Today, global video [...] more »
- DeskSite Partners with NFL to Offer Alternative to Broadcast TV December 13th 2013 ADOTAS – DeskSite has just launched a digital video entertainment [...] more »
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers December 12th 2013 ADOTAS – Adobe just announced results for its fiscal year that [...] more »
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing December 12th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Marketo , provider [...] more »
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands December 12th 2013 SALT LAKE CITY, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Online marketers [...] more »
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel December 12th 2013 LONDON, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Audience insights company VisualDNA [...] more »
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding December 12th 2013 FORT WORTH, TX., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Simpli.fi, an [...] more »
- Let’s Stop Debating Whether or Not Super Bowl Ads are Worth It December 13th 2013
- Infographic: B2B Content Tug of War December 12th 2013
- 5 Mobile Strategies to Make Marketers Merry During the Holidays … and Beyond December 12th 2013
- Gone In 10 Seconds: How the Pioneers of Snapchat Marketing Use the App to Build Their Brand December 12th 2013
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Stephen: Your new autoplay video commercials are REALLY annoying. It means I cannot leave your story
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial