Sports Ad ROI on Tap: CoreMotives Integrates with Ticketmaster for Ticket Sales Revenue-Tracking
Athletes and marketers have a lot in common. They both work hard to understand and assess the competitive landscape to develop strategies for scoring against their opponents. They both use teamwork and aggressive defense to protect their assets, whether it is the end zone, the basketball hoop, or their proprietary technologies and Intellectual Property. Both hustle for that one big play and opportunity to intercept the ball, charge down the field and change the game forever in their favor.
In the sports industry, marketers play an integral role in helping promote teams so that fans can purchase merchandise, follow their favorite players online and score season tickets to upcoming games. The sports industry is big business indeed. According to Plunkett Research, the estimated size of the sports industry within the U.S. is around 435 Billion for 2012 with annual company ad spend right around 18.6 Billion. Since this is a huge investment for advertisers with huge opportunity, marketers definitely need a way to optimize how they are spending their dollars.
A step in the right direction, CoreMotives, a marketing automation company owned by Silverpop just announced that it has integrated with Ticketmaster to provide marketers with new revenue-tracking capabilities to connect ticket sales to specific digital marketing efforts. The company works with numerous professional sports teams to aid their digital marketing efforts, including the New Jersey Devils and the Seattle Seahawks. These marketers, like most, are challenged with developing highly targeted, multichannel campaigns that educate and engage while also driving more revenue.
“Professional sports teams in particular choose CoreMotives as a marketing automation provider because of the platform’s ability to leverage their fans’ preferences to send relevant and targeted messages that build loyalty while also driving ticket sales,” said CoreMotives co-founder Rhett Thompson. “With the new Ticketmaster tracking capabilities, these marketers can now get even more strategic in their approach and determine which campaigns are getting the best results.”
Before this integration, marketers had a hard time culling through the mounds of campaign data to analyze which advertising initiatives drove the most ticket sales. With its new Ticketmaster revenue-tracking capabilities, marketers can transform Ticketmaster’s aggregate monthly sales summaries reports into more detailed reports that carefully track how individual email campaigns are performing. This information, in turn, helps marketers fuel and optimize future campaigns based on what the learned the first time around.
Thompson added, “Any marketer that has the ultimate goal of selling tickets through email benefits from [our Ticketmaster] integration, including those in the music industry. Before this integration, there was a disconnect between marketing efforts and ticket sales. With the integration in place, revenue can be attributed all the way down to the email level, even specifically identifying the individual who made a purchase from a specific mailing. Marketers now have even more behavioral data on their contacts within their CRM systems, allowing them to target specific campaigns to those who have, or even haven’t, purchased tickets in the past.”
Silverpop is a digital marketing technology provider that unifies marketing automation, email, mobile and social, similar to competing technologies offered by Marketo, Eloqua, and Optify. In March, Silverpop acquired CoreMotives, a marketing automation platform that operates within Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
Marketing automation through a centralized platform arms brands with the tools they need to plan, execute and track campaign performance. According to Doug Wheeler, CMO of Optify, “As more companies, not just the big brands, realize the power and efficacy of content-based and inbound marketing, these companies will drive marketing software providers to deliver solutions that provide integration, execution and reporting of both their inbound and outbound efforts. It’s not enough to have email and lead nurturing combined with a myriad of point solutions to deliver more and better leads. Delivering a holistic demand generation approach that enables professional marketers to truly understand the value of all their digital marketing programs and make fast, informed tradeoffs will win in 2013.”
- Pingback from CoreMotives Announces New Ticketmaster Revenue-Tracking Capabilities « A SEARCH ENGINE FOR POSTS
Leave a Comment
- Big-Budget TV Ads Alone Aren’t Enough: Use Programmatic to Tell Your Brand Story
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me!
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss
- Study: 1% of Advertisers Generate 80% of Clicks Across 10 Search Categories in US, UK and France March 12th 2014 ROME, March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Paid search advertising is [...] more »
- Brainshark Launches Brainshark for Salesforce Work.com on Salesforce1 AppExchange March 12th 2014 WALTHAM, Mass., March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Brainshark, Inc., the [...] more »
- MediaBrix Launches In-Game Ad SDK for Intel’s Latest Platform March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) — MediaBrix, the leading [...] more »
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 — Fiverr®, the world’s largest [...] more »
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum March 11th 2014 VANCOUVER, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Shahrzad Rafati, founder and CEO [...] more »
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development March 11th 2014 NEW YORK, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Intent Media, an [...] more »
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer March 11th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Ampush, a leading [...] more »
- Big-Budget TV Ads Alone Aren’t Enough: Use Programmatic to Tell Your Brand Story March 12th 2014
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon March 11th 2014
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Courtesy to The Bellingham Business Journal | For Copywriters Only: [...] Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Fіnіѕhеԁ 3 Million Gigs® іn thе Palm οf Yουr
- Chris: I don't think BBTV drives success for online video creators by leveraging its proprietary technology
- Weekly RTB and Programmatic Marketing News from RTB Forums | My Blog / Website: [...] http://www.adotas.com/2014/03/sonobi-to-sponsor-premium-programmatic-event-in-nyc-next-week/ [...]
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Headlines Amazon Working on Music-Streaming ServiceThe Woman Who Scavenged SXSW For An iPadBroadbandTV