ShareThis Founder to Manage Cintrifuse’s Venture Fund
CINCINNATI (December 20, 2012) — Tim Schigel (pictured), a successful entrepreneur and venture capitalist, will serve as manager for Cintrifuse Early Stage Capital Fund I, LLC, a venture capital fund of funds organized by Cintrifuse, a Cincinnati-based organization that proactively links entrepreneurs with strategic businesses/institutions, mentors and investors to successfully launch high-growth startups.
The Cintrifuse Fund will invest in early-stage venture capital funds regionally and nationally. Schigel is the founder and chairman of ShareThis, the world’s largest sharing platform on the Web that was founded in Cincinnati and is now headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif. He is also former director of the Blue Chip Venture Company. The Madeira, Ohio, resident will begin Jan. 1, 2013. He will continue as non-executive chairman of ShareThis.
“Securing the services of an exceptional and highly regarded innovator like Tim Schigel to lead the Cintrifuse fund demonstrates the commitment of Cintrifuse and will inspire the confidence of the fund’s investors,” Cintrifuse CEO Jeff Weedman said. “This is a very significant and exciting addition to our team.”
Weedman is an executive on loan to Cintrifuse from the Procter & Gamble Company where, for 16 years, he led Global Business Development and open innovation collaboration.
“Our goal is straightforward: To make the Cincinnati region the place for entrepreneurs and investors to launch new ideas,” Schigel said. “This area leads the world in market research, brand marketing and pediatric healthcare research. Entrepreneurs will recognize the assets and skills in the area, from consumer marketing to health care research, and know the broader community wants them here and will help them flourish. Investors will be attracted to the area because they know it is a fertile ground for smart entrepreneurs and successful companies.”
Cintrifuse is a non-profit corporation launched in July 2012 that will provide office space, business services and mentors to startups and collaboratively coordinate programming and resources for Cincinnati’s entrepreneurial community. The Cintrifuse fund is a for-profit fund operated by Cintrifuse Capital Management, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cintrifuse.
“Cintrifuse is an open, collaborative model,” said Schigel, a 1989 Case Western Reserve University graduate. “While it’s consistent with the successful ‘open’ culture of innovation in the San Francisco bay area, Cintrifuse excitingly adds a whole new level of connectedness to regional companies and institutions which will contribute to big ideas. I see my role as being the venture ambassador for the region.”
As director of the Cincinnati-based Blue Chip Venture Company from 1998-2007, Schigel led investments in marketing and technology leaders such as Advertising.com, Nielsen Buzzmetrics and Third Screen Media. Prior to Blue Chip, he was an entrepreneur and international consultant leading innovative projects for Apple Computer, Hitachi, Hallmark Cards, Motorola and Procter & Gamble. For ShareThis, Schigel raised more than $30 million, and its revenue growth puts it in the top 5 percent of all venture-backed companies. Customers include American Express, Best Buy, Coca Cola, Disney, Kia, Microsoft, Toyota and many other leading brands. In 2011, Forbes Magazine recognized ShareThis as one of the Top 100 Most Promising Companies in the United States.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]