PointRoll’s Rovion Acquisition Enables Interactive Flash, HTML5 Ad Creation in Minutes
NEW YORK (December 03, 2012) — PointRoll, a Gannett Company and the leading provider of digital marketing technology, today revealed additional capabilities including enabling ad creation in minutes, following the company’s acquisition of digital ad technology company, Rovion. PointRoll now offers Composer, a self-service, web-based ad creation technology formerly from Rovion that is being integrated into PointRoll’s OnPoint Platform, PointRoll’s premiere ad creation, delivery and measurement platform. The new tool empowers anyone to produce and deliver rich, interactive display ads in both Flash and HTML5, including video and mobile, in minutes and without knowing a single line of code.
As the ad industry continues to seek out ways to be more efficient and effective in the campaign development process, Composer will allow publishers, agencies and brands to develop and deliver interactive and engaging display executions, combine ad formats and functionality and simplify ad serving across desktop and mobile devices,” said Oliver Knowlton (pictured), Chief Operating Officer, PointRoll. “We are thrilled to add Composer to our OnPoint platform and are pleased to be offering this new capability to our customers and partners.”
Benefits of Composer Include:
- Speed: Creates customized rich media and mobile ads with or without video in minutes.
- Efficiency: Develops and deploys ads in a fraction of the time currently required with desktop software and code.
- Simplification: Provides drag and drop assets and allows users to easily add functionality to build simple ormore complex ads from scratch with no Flash or coding required to generate active ad tags.
- Multi-Device: Simultaneously creates and delivers ads for PC and mobile via a single intelligent ad tag that detects a user’s device and instantly serves the appropriate ad.
- Powerful: Provides a robust, pro-grade creative tool that gives you control and flexibility over virtually any ad format and functionality including expandables, video, social and more.
- Sophistication: Incorporates dynamic data-cued functionality and social site interaction data so anyone can quickly build state-of-the-art ads that individually address the right audience with the right message.
- Increased Collaboration: Enables collaboration between ad strategists, builders, approvers, publishers as well as campaign teams and technical designers of PointRoll, if added support isneeded.
In addition to PointRoll’s new ad creation capability, the company has also added former members of Rovion’s leadership team including Brian Goss, David Arslanian and David Simon. Brian Goss was appointed PointRoll’s new chief technology officer (CTO), while David Arslanian has joined as vice president of integration strategy and David Simon as vice president of business development and client solutions.
“We’re pleased to welcome David, Brian and David to the PointRoll team,” added Knowlton. “Each brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to our company and we’re looking forward to their contributions.”
As the new CTO, Goss will be responsible for managing technology strategy and platform development and also will focus on developing new and innovative ways to create more effective and efficient advertising utilizing audience, data and dynamic creative technology. Prior to joining PointRoll, Goss was vice president at Local Corporation (Local), where he managed the Rovion division and was also CEO of the company prior to its acquisition by Local. Goss has also held a number of C-level and sales roles at various tech companies including Onsite Videos and RecordsForce to name a few.
Arslanian will focus on ensuring the end-to-end integration of Rovion and the Composer tool, not only within PointRoll but across all of parent company Gannett’s (NYSE: GCI) sites. Arslanian also brings valuable experience from his time at Rovion, where he served as president and chief operating officer of Rovion prior to its acquisition by Local, aswell as previous experience from Thrive Video, Inc., Inanovate, Inc. as well as SEI Investments.
Simon will be responsible for developing strategic partnerships, client solutions and product positioning in the marketplace. Simon formerly was the vice president of advertising solutions at Local and, prior to Rovion’s acquisition by Local, served as president and CMO of Rovion. Prior to Rovion, Simon held several senior level roles in marketing, sales and business development in companies such as Yahoo!, Ceiva Logic and Yoyodyne.
PointRoll, a Gannett Company (NYSE: GCI), is at the center of the world’s most effective digital advertising. PointRoll helps advertisers, agencies and publishers create, deploy, measure, and optimize interactive and action-inspiring digital campaigns across channels and devices. PointRoll’s comprehensive platform combines the ability to create more engaging campaigns with unmatched formats and features, dynamic creative optimization and ad analytics to provide a consistent, relevant consumer experience across in-stream video, display, rich media, mobile, social, tablet campaigns and more. With PointRoll, marketers can easily reach and engage consumers, create and deploy campaigns to multiple destinations, measure performance in real time and optimize to deliver more successful, integrated digital experiences – keeping marketers on point with their consumers. For more information, visit http://www.pointroll.com or follow us @pointroll.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]