Opera Pinpoints Top 10 Mobile Advertising Highlights for 2012
SAN MATEO, CALIF. and OSLO, NORWAY (December 11, 2012) — Opera Software today released its year-end special of the State of Mobile Advertising report highlighting key campaigns, brands, publishers and innovations in the mobile advertising industry for 2012.
The company pulled these insights from the 10,000+ mobile apps and sites that serve ads using the Opera mobile ad platform, which is on track to deliver more than $400 million in revenue this year to mobile publishers.
The report reveals that:
- The iPhone 5 reigned supreme.Though Samsung came out big this year with their Galaxy S III and had a significant lead on Apple’s release of the new iPhone, iPhone 5 adoption was faster and now accounts for 16.1 percent of all iPhone device traffic. Additionally, iOS impressions are in higher demand: they were 44 percent of all impressions this year, and iOS6 leapt to capture 65 percent of all ad requests from iOS-based devices.
- Pandora, IMDb, Univision and Demand Media are top mobile publishers of the year.Through widespread adoption of their mobile apps and sites and creative, engaging rich media advertising placements, these publishers showed the possibilities of mobile monetization.
- “Build a car” winsMost Innovative Ad Unit. In Q4, popular car manufacturer Kia debuted a custom car-building tool asa tap-to-expand ad unit that lets users spin the car around and choose different colorsbefore navigating to a full mobile site.
- Mobile consumers are devouring music, video and entertainment content. Nearly one in four (23.8 percent) mobile impressions in 2012 were served on a site or app in the music, video and media category. Together with Entertainment, these publishers generated 30 percent of total revenue for the year.
- New targeting capabilities enable more than 2 percent CTR.The top-performing campaign of the year from a mobile gaming app achieved a strong 2.1 percent click-through rate, and those levels of effectiveness are now becoming more common as advertisers gain access to better targeting technologies.
Leave a Comment
- Vibes CIO Talks Amazon’s GoPago Grab, iBeacon Integration
- Americans on Healthcare.gov: Amazon and Google Can Do It Better
- UPDATED: Will Facebook’s New Promoted Videos Haul in Hundred$ of Million$?
- New Vindico Adtricity Report Finds Nearly 60% of Digital Video Ads Lack the Opportunity to Be Seen by a Viewer
- Visual IQ and BlueKai Deepen Strategic Partnership
Adknowledge CPM Email Advertising Showing ‘Google-Like’ ResultsKANSAS CITY, Mo., December 16, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge’s email channel, AdStation, has announced CPM-based pricing for email advertisers and [...] more...
- Vibes CIO Talks Amazon’s GoPago Grab, iBeacon Integration December 18th 2013 ADOTAS — Numerous U.S. media outlets have picked up on [...] more »
- Americans on Healthcare.gov: Amazon and Google Can Do It Better December 18th 2013 ADOTAS – The much-publicized troubled launch of the Obama administration’s [...] more »
- UPDATED: Will Facebook’s New Promoted Videos Haul in Hundred$ of Million$? December 18th 2013 ADOTAS – If you’re a Facebook user, you’ve likely noticed [...] more »
- New Vindico Adtricity Report Finds Nearly 60% of Digital Video Ads Lack the Opportunity to Be Seen by a Viewer December 18th 2013 NEW YORK, December 18, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Leading video ad server Vindico [...] more »
- Visual IQ and BlueKai Deepen Strategic Partnership December 18th 2013 NEEDHAM, Mass., December 18, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Visual IQ, the leading [...] more »
- xAd Finds Retail Related Mobile Search Activity is 24% Greater on Christmas Eve Than Black Friday December 17th 2013 NEW YORK, December 17, 2013 (ADOTAS) – xAd, the only global [...] more »
- Sojern Secures $10 Million in Series C Funding Led by Triangle Peak Partners December 17th 2013 SAN FRANCISCO, December 17, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Sojern, the world’s [...] more »
- Giving Up on Mobile? You’re Not Alone: What Brands Can Learn from Uber December 18th 2013
- Naughty or Nice: How the Big Man Assesses Your Holiday Display Campaigns December 18th 2013
- EXCLUSIVE: How Multichannel Saved Multiplaz Over $200K Using a New Method for Fighting Ad Fraud December 18th 2013
- Why The Future of Mobile Ad Tech is SaaS: 3 Lessons from Enterprise Software December 17th 2013
- Hulu Wants to Become Part of Pay-TV December 16th 2013
- Reporting & Analytics
- Sr. Account Manager: Advertising client management
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- EXCLUSIVE: Multichannel Saves Multiplaz Over $200K, Combats Ad Fraud: [...] for advertisers is relying on computer algorithms to determine the best placement for ads
- Bobby Wells: I can understand the utility of ad blockers for a number of reasons - especially
- Jay: Hulu went from a legal alternative to PeekVid to a cable channel.
- Adblock Plus Fuels the Debate over Native Ads: [...] advertisers and publishers to define parameters for the native ad format and recently published