Opera Pinpoints Top 10 Mobile Advertising Highlights for 2012
SAN MATEO, CALIF. and OSLO, NORWAY (December 11, 2012) — Opera Software today released its year-end special of the State of Mobile Advertising report highlighting key campaigns, brands, publishers and innovations in the mobile advertising industry for 2012.
The company pulled these insights from the 10,000+ mobile apps and sites that serve ads using the Opera mobile ad platform, which is on track to deliver more than $400 million in revenue this year to mobile publishers.
The report reveals that:
- The iPhone 5 reigned supreme.Though Samsung came out big this year with their Galaxy S III and had a significant lead on Apple’s release of the new iPhone, iPhone 5 adoption was faster and now accounts for 16.1 percent of all iPhone device traffic. Additionally, iOS impressions are in higher demand: they were 44 percent of all impressions this year, and iOS6 leapt to capture 65 percent of all ad requests from iOS-based devices.
- Pandora, IMDb, Univision and Demand Media are top mobile publishers of the year.Through widespread adoption of their mobile apps and sites and creative, engaging rich media advertising placements, these publishers showed the possibilities of mobile monetization.
- “Build a car” winsMost Innovative Ad Unit. In Q4, popular car manufacturer Kia debuted a custom car-building tool asa tap-to-expand ad unit that lets users spin the car around and choose different colorsbefore navigating to a full mobile site.
- Mobile consumers are devouring music, video and entertainment content. Nearly one in four (23.8 percent) mobile impressions in 2012 were served on a site or app in the music, video and media category. Together with Entertainment, these publishers generated 30 percent of total revenue for the year.
- New targeting capabilities enable more than 2 percent CTR.The top-performing campaign of the year from a mobile gaming app achieved a strong 2.1 percent click-through rate, and those levels of effectiveness are now becoming more common as advertisers gain access to better targeting technologies.
Leave a Comment
Opera Pinpoints Top 10 Mobile Advertising Highlights for 2012SAN MATEO, CALIF. and OSLO, NORWAY (December 11, 2012) — Opera Software today released its year-end special of the State of Mobile [...] more...
- From the Twitterverse: Gamers Hate On Xbox One May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – Microsoft has unveiled Xbox One, its next-generation entertainment [...] more »
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – For brand managers and marketers, the Internet has [...] more »
- Blogshare: Why Tumblr Will Make Yahoo Billions May 21st 2013 ADOTAS (via WordStream) — Here’s why I think Yahoo is [...] more »
- Study: Xbox Reveal Sparks More Social Buzz than Galaxy S4 and Facebook ‘Phone’ Combined May 21st 2013 ADOTAS — The new Xbox gaming console, which will be [...] more »
- Video: Xbox Reveal, 5/21/13 May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – Microsoft unveiled its next-generation Xbox today at a [...] more »
- Live Twitter Feed from Internet Week New York May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – This year’s Internet Week New York (#IWNY) will [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’ve solicited comments from industry leaders in [...] more »
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013
- Blogshare: Why Tumblr Will Make Yahoo Billions May 21st 2013
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Study: Xbox Reveal Sparks More Social Buzz than Galaxy S4 and Facebook ‘Phone’ Combined: [...] — The new Xbox gaming console, which will be unveiled today, has produced 66,000
- Ben Straley responds to Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? - Rio SEO Blog: [...] Original article posted here [...]
- New Solution to OpenX OnRamp Shutdown | Adcolt: [...] http://www.adotas.com/2013/02/update-malware-attack-permanently-shuts-down-openx-onramp/ Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading... This entry was posted in Uncategorized
- Pinterest Roundup — May 2013 | Technology for Publishing LLC: [...] Early Pinterest Analytics Show Brand Potential [...]