OneSpot Launches Automated Platform That Turns Content Into Ads; Adds $15.M in Funding
AUSTIN, TEXAS (December 5, 2012) – If you created content, and it didn’t benefit your business, did it even exist? OneSpot, a content advertising company, today opens its platform giving marketers more power and control over distributing and more efficiently monetizing corporate and external content. The company has also secured $1.5 million in funding from RSL Venture Partners, 500 Startups, Ralph Mack, Mike Maples, Sr., and Josh Baer, among others.
OneSpot automates the process of turning content into ads that drive business goals such as customer engagement, lead generation, downloads, and sales. Ads are generated from content, and then OneSpot utilizes a proprietary distribution model and viewer behavior to retarget consumers with the most compelling content, effectively optimizing the content-to-conversion funnel.
OneSpot can use company-generated content, as well as positive external content like social media, reviews, and news articles to create ads. After ads are generated, OneSpot’s proprietary algorithm uses big data to determine what ads to display and where to place them across all web traffic sources. OneSpot continuously optimizes to ensure maximum relevance to the target consumer and to the company’s content marketing goals.
“Over $16 billion will be spent on digital content in 2012 – blogs, reviews, videos, how-to tips, whitepaper, webinars, and more. For every piece of content your business wants people to see, you should have an associated distribution strategy to drive desired business outcomes: lead generation and nurturing, promoting reviews, or brand awareness,” said Matt Cohen (pictured), CEO and Founder of OneSpot. “No distribution channel is as ubiquitous as online advertising. We see a tremendous opportunity to help businesses monetize all their content using the power, data intelligence, and infrastructure of online advertising to deliver it.”
OneSpot’s content advertising platform makes it easy to manage a variety of content distribution channels and content monetization campaigns in one spot, making creation, distribution, and measurement of native advertising as easy as sending a tweet. The system is live with display ads today, but will shortly support other advertising channels, including social and mobile networks.
Ryan Koechel, director, eCommerce, with Spectrum Brands’ Remington Products, used OneSpot as part of their go-to-market launch plans for Remington’s new i-LIGHT Pro Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) hair removal device.
“A content strategy is something we always thought we had prior to working with OneSpot. Previously we put out a piece of content through social media, our blog, or on our site and hoped we received some traction, now with OneSpot we can get a piece of content in front of a ton of eyeballs on day one and then use the data to start building audience and re-target with relevant follow-up content,” said Koechel. “OneSpot has been able to give us a ROI on display ads that we would have never thought possible and we found OneSpot really enabled us to come full circle with our strategy. They are definitely the missing link in our 360 degree approach to digital marketing and are just as valuable as PPC and complementary to every other marketing channel we use.”
Specific OneSpot platform features include:
- Instantly create and promote content ads on demand from your browser.
- Import content from blogs, social networks, or manually by URL.
- Add your own tracking code to measure performance, engagement, and leads for the content in your analytics package.
- Dynamic targeting: Network integration; Retargeting; Geotargeting
- Real time visibility into content marketing campaign success by measuring: Audience development including new readers and repeat visits; Engagement level by site and demographic
To sign up for OneSpot and read customer case studies, visit: http://onespot.com.
OneSpot marries content marketing with the power, data intelligence, and infrastructure of online advertising. OneSpot’s platform turns owned and earned content into native advertising that drives positive business outcomes. Big data machine learning is applied to place native ads with the highest efficacy across all web traffic sources, and then makes use of viewer behavior data for re-targeting sequencing to optimize the content-to-conversion funnel. OneSpot has been running content ad campaigns in private preview since March 2012. Clients have represented B2B, B2C, and CPG companies. The system is now in public beta and live with display ads today, but will shortly support other channels, including: mobile, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and AdWords/AdSense. Learn more at: http://onespot.com.
Maybe the “tree falls in the woods” idea is pretty commonplace, but nothing says “me too” like out and out appropriating a competitor’s metaphors. Outbrain has been using a version of the “If you created content, and it didn’t benefit your business, did it even exist?” line for a while now. That said, as a purchaser of these kinds of services, happy to see competition in the content amplification space.
Leave a Comment
- IAB Releases Native Advertising Playbook
- Appia Launches Native Ads for App Discovery
- Kitara Media Acquires Healthguru.Com; Combined Business 2014 Revenues Estimated At $50MM
- Lenovo Names TubeMogul Its Global Partner for Programmatic Video Advertising
- Lionsgate Partners with Mobiquity to Promote ‘Ender’s Game,’ ‘Divergence’
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- IAB Releases Native Advertising Playbook December 4th 2013 NEW YORK, December 4, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Native has become [...] more »
- Appia Launches Native Ads for App Discovery December 4th 2013 DURHAM, NC, December 4, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Appia, the leading mobile user [...] more »
- Kitara Media Acquires Healthguru.Com; Combined Business 2014 Revenues Estimated At $50MM December 4th 2013 Kitara Media Acquires Top Health Video Site HealthGuru.com from Kitara [...] more »
- Lenovo Names TubeMogul Its Global Partner for Programmatic Video Advertising December 4th 2013 EMERYVILLE, Calif., December 4, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Today, TubeMogul was [...] more »
- Lionsgate Partners with Mobiquity to Promote ‘Ender’s Game,’ ‘Divergence’ December 4th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the year’s most anticipated films, “Ender’s [...] more »
- LiveRail Touts $100 Million Run Rate, Preps for IPO in 2014 December 4th 2013 ADOTAS — The demand for programmatic advertising has exploded, with [...] more »
- Infographic: Branded Video Sharing Almost 50X Higher In 2013 Than In 2006 December 4th 2013 NEW YORK, December 4, 2013 (ADOTAS) — The sharing of [...] more »
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Paid to Post? What the Social Workforce Means for All of Us December 4th 2013
- Take the Time to Do Native Right December 2nd 2013
- Big Brands Have the Edge in Search Engine Results December 2nd 2013
- Disappointing Black Friday Sales? It’s Not Too Late to Profit from the Holidays December 2nd 2013
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Audience Development Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Big Brands Have the Edge in Search Engine Results « egy: [...] Permalink [...]
- How to improve your website's SEO - Business Record |: [...] the sites don't really …The 10 Most Cringe-Worthy SEO Myths Ever ToldBusiness 2 CommunityBig
- Gamers Gain Elite Status with Cadillac Campaign | Raldo Loijens: [...] a push to brand the elite gamers as Cadillac Elite. Cadillac Elite is being
- David: I hope my SEO-customers with semi-big brands do not read this - they might be