Mail Online Names Executive Team to Spearhead U.S. Commercial Effort
NEW YORK (December 4, 2012) — Mail Online, the world’s largest global newspaper website, today announced the appointment of two experienced U.S. digital executives to run ad sales and marketing, signaling an emerging strategy to monetize its strong audience growth in North America. Rich Sutton will oversee advertising as Chief Revenue Officer and Sean O’Neal (pictured) will head marketing as Global Chief Marketing Officer.
UK-based Mail Online has traffic of well over 100 million monthly unique browsers globally. It is also one of the largest news and entertainment properties in the U.S. with 18.8 million monthly unique visitors and 2.1 million daily visits.
Both new appointments, based in New York, will report to Mail Online Publisher Martin Clarke who says: “Over the past few years we have had great success in building a substantial audience in the U.S. and are now America’s third biggest online newspaper behind the NYTimes.com and WashingtonPost.com, according to comScore. Sean and Rich , both accomplished digital executives in the U.S., position us well to capitalize on our huge traffic growth in the States.”
“When I started running ad sales at Warner Bros. in 1996, it was just a few weeks after Yahoo had run their first online ad. I am looking forward to bringing 17 years of experience in the digital space to Mail Online,“ says Mr. Sutton.
“Mail Online traffic is growing by 5% a month, as well as enjoying huge mobile and video growth. I am excited to begin the journey of marketing its highly attractive audience to the advertising community and introducing the site to new consumers,” adds Mr. O’Neal.
Mr. O’Neal most recently served as President of Vizu Corporation, the online ad research company recently sold to Nielsen. Previously, he was a member of the founding team at Datran Media, and before that, held executive positions at Sony Online Entertainment and CD-Now. Mr. O’Neal is also an adviser to a number of digital media and technology companies and is frequent editorial contributor and speaker on marketing, entertainment, and media.
Mr. Sutton comes to Mail Online from CBS Interactive Music Group where he was Global Head of Sales. Before that, Mr. Sutton was SVP/Consumer Markets for WebMD. He spent nearly 13 years with Warner Bros. and Time Warner where he lead the start up of Warner Bros. Online. Mr. Sutton’s work with brands has been recognized by Ad Age, Forbes, AAAA, AdWeek and other industry publications. He’s a published author (Best Practices in Branded Entertainment) and the recipient of numerous online and marketing awards.
Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html) is a division of UK-based DMGT, an international portfolio of digital, information, media and events businesses, which employs over 12,000 people and is listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE: DMGT.L). In the U.S., Mail Online boasts more daily unique visits than any other newspaper web site and is known for its unique blend of entertainment/celebrity buzz, pop culture news, female lifestyle editorial, and phenomenal images. Mail Online delivers a highly desirable audience to advertisers in the U.S. Its visitors are 20% more likely to live in households with income over $100,000/year and the overall property has a median Household Income of over $74,000/year. In candid video interviews, U.S. visitors call the site “addictive, revealing, funny, honest, and probing.”
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]