Location-Based Advertising Engagement Skyrockets for Rich Media Mobile Ads
CAMBRIDGE, MASS. (December 13, 2012) – Engagement rates for location-based features in rich media mobile ads nearly doubled in Q3 2012 (185 percent growth) according to new findings from Celtra‘s quarterly Mobile Rich Media Monitor Report.
Overall, engagement rates for rich media mobile advertisements continue to show steady, quarter-over-quarter growth. In Q3, the average ad engagement rate was 13.7 percent, nearly a one percent increase over Q2. Location-based features have overtaken branding & presentation as the most engaging ad feature with 18.8 percent engagement rate. Coming in second was gaming features with 13.9 percent engagement rate. For the second quarter in a row, video was by far the most popular feature, appearing in nearly half (45 percent) of all the mobile advertising campaigns analyzed.
“Rich media mobile advertising is maturing quickly and its position within the marketing funnel is becoming clearer and more established — especially as engagement rates continue to grow,” said Matevz Klanjsek (pictured), co-founder and Chief Product Officer of Celtra. “Mobile rich media advertising is emerging as a powerful and extremely effective asset in the mid-funnel, successfully driving purchase consideration and intent. Gaming, location-based and social media features in the mobile ads engage consumers in a meaningful way, providing an essential and often missing link between typically overcrowded upper and lower funnels.”
Celtra’s Q3 Mobile Rich Media Monitor Report represents data gathered from 170 handset and tablet campaigns and is intended to provide marketers with a baseline for ad performance so that they can plan successful and effective mobile campaigns. Additional interesting findings from the report include:
- The average time spent on an ad unit was more than half a minute (32 seconds), a new metric that Celtra will continue to track in future reports.
- Gaming features in mobile advertisements continue to show aggressive growth in engagement, with 20 percent increase in engagement rates when compared with Q2 data.
- Social media features remain popular and engaging, showcasing an 8 percent engagement rate for in Q3.
- Nearly half of all rich media mobile advertisements were expandable. Banners and interstitials made up the remaining campaigns with 23 percent and 28 percent respectively.
- iOS continues to dominate Android as the platform of choice for advertisers (58 percent and 42 percent respectively).
For more detailed data from the report, please visit the Celtra Q3 2012 Mobile Rich Media Monitor Report infographic at www.celtra.com/infographic.
About Celtra, Inc.
Celtra Inc. is the global leader for rich media mobile advertising and analytics across mobile devices. AdCreator 3, which is used directly by top agencies, publishers and ad networks in more than 18 countries, is the only complete, SDK-agnostic platform for building, managing and tracking effective rich media mobile advertisements. Celtra’s unparalleled HTML5 ad formats and features are optimized for different mobile platforms and devices ensuring flawless functionality and the best possible user experience. For more information, visit Celtra at www.celtra.com or @CeltraMobile on Twitter.
Celtra is headquartered in Cambridge (MA), with offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, London (UK), and Ljubljana (SI).
- Pingback from Location-Based Advertising Engagement Skyrockets for Rich Media Mobile Ads - ADOTAS | Exploring Geospatial | Scoop.it
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]