Location-Based Advertising Engagement Skyrockets for Rich Media Mobile Ads
CAMBRIDGE, MASS. (December 13, 2012) – Engagement rates for location-based features in rich media mobile ads nearly doubled in Q3 2012 (185 percent growth) according to new findings from Celtra‘s quarterly Mobile Rich Media Monitor Report.
Overall, engagement rates for rich media mobile advertisements continue to show steady, quarter-over-quarter growth. In Q3, the average ad engagement rate was 13.7 percent, nearly a one percent increase over Q2. Location-based features have overtaken branding & presentation as the most engaging ad feature with 18.8 percent engagement rate. Coming in second was gaming features with 13.9 percent engagement rate. For the second quarter in a row, video was by far the most popular feature, appearing in nearly half (45 percent) of all the mobile advertising campaigns analyzed.
“Rich media mobile advertising is maturing quickly and its position within the marketing funnel is becoming clearer and more established — especially as engagement rates continue to grow,” said Matevz Klanjsek (pictured), co-founder and Chief Product Officer of Celtra. “Mobile rich media advertising is emerging as a powerful and extremely effective asset in the mid-funnel, successfully driving purchase consideration and intent. Gaming, location-based and social media features in the mobile ads engage consumers in a meaningful way, providing an essential and often missing link between typically overcrowded upper and lower funnels.”
Celtra’s Q3 Mobile Rich Media Monitor Report represents data gathered from 170 handset and tablet campaigns and is intended to provide marketers with a baseline for ad performance so that they can plan successful and effective mobile campaigns. Additional interesting findings from the report include:
- The average time spent on an ad unit was more than half a minute (32 seconds), a new metric that Celtra will continue to track in future reports.
- Gaming features in mobile advertisements continue to show aggressive growth in engagement, with 20 percent increase in engagement rates when compared with Q2 data.
- Social media features remain popular and engaging, showcasing an 8 percent engagement rate for in Q3.
- Nearly half of all rich media mobile advertisements were expandable. Banners and interstitials made up the remaining campaigns with 23 percent and 28 percent respectively.
- iOS continues to dominate Android as the platform of choice for advertisers (58 percent and 42 percent respectively).
For more detailed data from the report, please visit the Celtra Q3 2012 Mobile Rich Media Monitor Report infographic at www.celtra.com/infographic.
About Celtra, Inc.
Celtra Inc. is the global leader for rich media mobile advertising and analytics across mobile devices. AdCreator 3, which is used directly by top agencies, publishers and ad networks in more than 18 countries, is the only complete, SDK-agnostic platform for building, managing and tracking effective rich media mobile advertisements. Celtra’s unparalleled HTML5 ad formats and features are optimized for different mobile platforms and devices ensuring flawless functionality and the best possible user experience. For more information, visit Celtra at www.celtra.com or @CeltraMobile on Twitter.
Celtra is headquartered in Cambridge (MA), with offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, London (UK), and Ljubljana (SI).
- Pingback from Location-Based Advertising Engagement Skyrockets for Rich Media Mobile Ads - ADOTAS | Exploring Geospatial | Scoop.it
Leave a Comment
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers December 12th 2013 ADOTAS – Adobe just announced results for its fiscal year that [...] more »
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing December 12th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Marketo , provider [...] more »
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands December 12th 2013 SALT LAKE CITY, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Online marketers [...] more »
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel December 12th 2013 LONDON, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Audience insights company VisualDNA [...] more »
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding December 12th 2013 FORT WORTH, TX., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Simpli.fi, an [...] more »
- MyCityWay Partners with USA TODAY to Launch Vegas-Themed App December 12th 2013 NEW YORK and MCLEAN, VA., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – [...] more »
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison December 11th 2013 ADOTAS – Lest we forget, Google is an advertising company [...] more »
- Infographic: B2B Content Tug of War December 12th 2013
- 5 Mobile Strategies to Make Marketers Merry During the Holidays … and Beyond December 12th 2013
- Gone In 10 Seconds: How the Pioneers of Snapchat Marketing Use the App to Build Their Brand December 12th 2013
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Stephen: Your new autoplay video commercials are REALLY annoying. It means I cannot leave your story
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial