Location-Based Advertising Engagement Skyrockets for Rich Media Mobile Ads
CAMBRIDGE, MASS. (December 13, 2012) – Engagement rates for location-based features in rich media mobile ads nearly doubled in Q3 2012 (185 percent growth) according to new findings from Celtra‘s quarterly Mobile Rich Media Monitor Report.
Overall, engagement rates for rich media mobile advertisements continue to show steady, quarter-over-quarter growth. In Q3, the average ad engagement rate was 13.7 percent, nearly a one percent increase over Q2. Location-based features have overtaken branding & presentation as the most engaging ad feature with 18.8 percent engagement rate. Coming in second was gaming features with 13.9 percent engagement rate. For the second quarter in a row, video was by far the most popular feature, appearing in nearly half (45 percent) of all the mobile advertising campaigns analyzed.
“Rich media mobile advertising is maturing quickly and its position within the marketing funnel is becoming clearer and more established — especially as engagement rates continue to grow,” said Matevz Klanjsek (pictured), co-founder and Chief Product Officer of Celtra. “Mobile rich media advertising is emerging as a powerful and extremely effective asset in the mid-funnel, successfully driving purchase consideration and intent. Gaming, location-based and social media features in the mobile ads engage consumers in a meaningful way, providing an essential and often missing link between typically overcrowded upper and lower funnels.”
Celtra’s Q3 Mobile Rich Media Monitor Report represents data gathered from 170 handset and tablet campaigns and is intended to provide marketers with a baseline for ad performance so that they can plan successful and effective mobile campaigns. Additional interesting findings from the report include:
- The average time spent on an ad unit was more than half a minute (32 seconds), a new metric that Celtra will continue to track in future reports.
- Gaming features in mobile advertisements continue to show aggressive growth in engagement, with 20 percent increase in engagement rates when compared with Q2 data.
- Social media features remain popular and engaging, showcasing an 8 percent engagement rate for in Q3.
- Nearly half of all rich media mobile advertisements were expandable. Banners and interstitials made up the remaining campaigns with 23 percent and 28 percent respectively.
- iOS continues to dominate Android as the platform of choice for advertisers (58 percent and 42 percent respectively).
For more detailed data from the report, please visit the Celtra Q3 2012 Mobile Rich Media Monitor Report infographic at www.celtra.com/infographic.
About Celtra, Inc.
Celtra Inc. is the global leader for rich media mobile advertising and analytics across mobile devices. AdCreator 3, which is used directly by top agencies, publishers and ad networks in more than 18 countries, is the only complete, SDK-agnostic platform for building, managing and tracking effective rich media mobile advertisements. Celtra’s unparalleled HTML5 ad formats and features are optimized for different mobile platforms and devices ensuring flawless functionality and the best possible user experience. For more information, visit Celtra at www.celtra.com or @CeltraMobile on Twitter.
Celtra is headquartered in Cambridge (MA), with offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, London (UK), and Ljubljana (SI).
- Pingback from Location-Based Advertising Engagement Skyrockets for Rich Media Mobile Ads - ADOTAS | Exploring Geospatial | Scoop.it
Leave a Comment
- Big Data’s Killer App: Mobile RTB
- How SMBs Can Keep Up With Mobile Commerce
- Larissa’s Picks to Click: PBS’ Digital Triumph, Promoted Ads, Brands on the ‘Vine’
- Mediasmith Taps Medialets As Official 3rd-Party Server for Mobile/Tablet Advertising
- Breaking: VivaKi and Mass Relevance Announce Partnership
- Big Data’s Killer App: Mobile RTB June 18th 2013 ADOTAS – As you may have noticed, mobile real-time bidding [...] more »
- How SMBs Can Keep Up With Mobile Commerce June 18th 2013 ADOTAS — It’s no secret that mobile commerce is on [...] more »
- Larissa’s Picks to Click: PBS’ Digital Triumph, Promoted Ads, Brands on the ‘Vine’ June 18th 2013 ADOTAS EDITOR’S NOTE: Editorial Intern Larissa Lohman routinely scours online media for [...] more »
- Mediasmith Taps Medialets As Official 3rd-Party Server for Mobile/Tablet Advertising June 18th 2013 NEW YORK, June 18, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Medialets, the essential [...] more »
- Breaking: VivaKi and Mass Relevance Announce Partnership June 17th 2013 AUSTIN, TX, June 17, 2013 (ADOTAS) – VivaKi, a global [...] more »
- Video: Small Business Should Visualize the Use of QR Codes June 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Once upon a time, and not so long [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Cookies Dominate on Desktop June 17th 2013 ADOTAS — In last week’s Voter Booth, we asked our [...] more »
- Big Data’s Killer App: Mobile RTB June 18th 2013
- How SMBs Can Keep Up With Mobile Commerce June 18th 2013
- Video: Small Business Should Visualize the Use of QR Codes June 17th 2013
- Facebook Unveils #Hashtag Strategies for Advertisers June 17th 2013
- Can Programmatic Buying Save Traditional Media? June 14th 2013
- Marketing Research Analyst
- Director of Business Valuation - Financial Advisor
- Digital Project Manager
- Director of Business Valuation - Financial Adviso
- Business Solutions - CRM Pre-Sales Architect - Tec
- ReputationArmor.net - Online Reputation Management, Mobile Marketing, Domain Registration, Web Hosting, Social Engagement, and SMS Marketing Campaigns that work !!!: [...] Video: Small Business Should Visualize the Use of QR CodesADOTAS, on Mon, 17 Jun
- #Facebook #Hashtags #FTW? – Search Engine Watch | - Suaju Lean Management: [...] (FB) Wants to Wipe Twitter Off the Map…StreetInsider.com (subscription) (blog)ADOTAS -PerformanceIN -Patch.comall 16 news [...]
- #Facebook #Hashtags #FTW? – Search Engine Watch | Social Commerce Tomorrow - Media Marketing: [...] (FB) Wants to Wipe Twitter Off the Map…StreetInsider.com (subscription) (blog)ADOTAS -PerformanceIN -Patch.comall 16 news [...]
- Raj Chauhan: Programmatic is expanding in the online world to guaranteed buys. Adslot is building a