Friend2Friend Launches Upgraded Platform that Captures Mobile Brand Engagement on Facebook
PALO ALTO, CALIF. (December 12, 2012) -- Friend2Friend, a social media marketing technology company that delivers innovative social engagement solutions for more than 150 leading global brands, today launched a significant upgrade to its Friend2Friend Social Engagement Platform™. This cloud-based social marketing suite addresses a growing problem for marketers: the fact that many of their branded engagement campaign experiences and apps on Facebook don’t work on smartphones or tablets. The newly upgraded Friend2Friend Social Engagement Platform solves this issue by allowing brands to build mobile-optimized engagement campaigns once, and deploy those campaigns on mobile and desktop platforms simultaneously.
The Mobile Challenge for Brands
Mobile is quickly replacing the desktop as the primary means by which fans interact with friends on Facebook, and reports are revealing a parallel increase in brand-related activity in the social newsfeed. Earlier this year, AdParlor Research revealed that Facebook mobile users “like” 63 percent more frequently and comment 22 percent more often than do those who access Facebook from the desktop. To further underscore the growing importance of Facebook for mobile, Friend2Friend also announced today that its social engagement apps on Facebook mobile have increased 450 percent since the spring of 2012, and there has been a 500 percent increase in mobile “Likes” to the company’s client brand pages from mobile fans.
However, to-date, brands have not had access to tools that simplify and ease the expansion of their desktop campaigns to include consumers accessing these campaigns on mobile. Branded experiences — which include engaging with photos, videos, stories, quizzes, voting, sweepstakes, and contests — are shown to be very successful in building fan bases and engaging existing and new social fans. But without including mobile fans in the audience, that success is limited because a large segment of fans are excluded.
Moreover, this problem seems to be pervasive. Friend2Friend recently conducted a study “How Top Brands are Failing Their Facebook Fans on Mobile”, revealing that 7 out of 10 of the largest consumer brands on Facebook have active Facebook social engagement campaigns that simply don’t work for mobile fans. Specifically, the campaigns are either inoperable in the mobile Facebook newsfeed or disallow basic social sharing features for mobile fans. These failures or “lost clicks” are preventing brands from reaching existing fans through multiple touch points as well as potentially millions of “friends of fans” who access Facebook from their smartphones.
The Friend2Friend Social Engagement Platform
The latest version of the Friend2Friend Social Engagement Platform helps brands design and deploy social engagement experiences that are equally as robust on the mobile as they are on the desktop.
This upgraded Friend2Friend Social Engagement Platform includes the following:
- A self-serve system that allows brands to build effective mobile-optimized engagement experiences and Apps once, and deploy those experiences simultaneously on desktop and mobile platforms;
- A self-serve system that allow brands to build and deploy a completely integrated mobile brand presence in a few steps — combining engagement campaigns into a dynamic, standalone, Mobile Showcase App that can be promoted through all marketing channels, such as the Facebook newsfeed (including Facebook’s mobile-compatible sponsored posts and stories) email, Twitter, and QR codes.
- A self-serve system that automatically builds a mobile-compatible “SmartLink” and accompanying printable QR code for driving traffic to engagement experiences built and managed by the Friend2Friend Platform.
For a complete overview of the new Friend2FriendSocial Engagement Platform head to http://www.friend2friend.com/products/. For screenshots, go to: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pkjb34v8dwjhud3/o-CkGNvcm5.
“Brands have an incredible opportunity to engage mobile social fans. Smartphone-armed consumers are the norm — and soon will be the majority. They are ready to have deeper experiences with brands and share that engagement with friends while they are out and about,” said Roger Katz (pictured), CEO of Friend2Friend. “Acknowledging the particular context of mobile — the need to deliver engagement experiences that are quick, rich and naturally usable in the mobile form factor — should be a top priority for brands moving forward.”
“Friend2Friend delivers the technology, engagement tools and expertise that allows us to engage all our existing audiences — especially mobile fans — while cultivating new friends-of-fans,” said Jen Wittman, Director of Marketing at Outside Magazine & Outside Online. “Mobile has been instrumental in increasing traffic in our social campaigns. In fact, mobile was responsible for over 70 percent of traffic to our Adventure Grant social campaign completed in the summer of 2012 and close to half of all activity in our Outside Gear Wishlist app is conducted by mobile fans. We fully expect this trend to continue, and with Friend2Friend, we are prepared for it.”
“We have an incredibly loyal, passionate and engaged group of fans. Connecting with them in unique and meaningful ways is a top priority for us. For example, they are active outdoor enthusiasts who tend not to sit still for too long. Therefore, connecting with them via mobile is critical to our long-range success,” said Molly Cuffe, Senior Manager, Global Brand Communication at SmartWool. “We conceived our SmartWool Fanalog — a fan-powered social catalog developed by Friend2Friend — to tap into the passion of our fans for our products. By leveraging Friend2Friend’s mobile-optimized Platform, we’re able to design and develop an exceptional branded experience that’s wholly suited to our growing mobile fan base.”
Esther Diaz, co-founder and creative director of the Barcelona-based agency Vertigo Graphix, added “The Friend2Friend platform has helped us at Vertigo Graphix to develop and implement an entertaining engagement experience for Calvin Klein with full mobile and tablets capabilities.”
The Friend2Friend Social Engagement Platform is a powerful cloud-based social marketing suite that includes a selection of branded promotional Apps that are designed to entertain and engage fans on social and mobile platforms, as well as social publishing, analytics and management tools. Friend2Friend has been delivering innovative social engagement solutions for more than 150 leading global brands since 2007. The company has experienced significant recent expansion in their European office, adding Calvin Klein, IKEA, Estrella Galicia, and Lays to an existing European client base that includes Volkswagen, FC Barcelona/Nike, Real Madrid, Jack Daniels, Bacardi and Sanitas. US-based clients include Universal Pictures, Nickelodeon, HarperCollins, Hyundai, REI, The North Face, Polartec, SmartWool, New Belgium Brewing, Siemens and others.
The company has offices in Palo Alto, New York, and Barcelona. Learn more at www.friend2friend.com.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom
- PointRoll’s Social Engager Leverages Multi-Source Data to Alter Creative on the Fly for Mobile Facebook & Twitter Users
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence
- RadiumOne Appoints New CFO As Rapid Growth Continues
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media March 10th 2014 KANSAS CITY, Mo. and LOS ANGELES, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom March 10th 2014 ADOTAS – This past Friday, Advertising Age reported that Omnicom [...] more »
- PointRoll’s Social Engager Leverages Multi-Source Data to Alter Creative on the Fly for Mobile Facebook & Twitter Users March 10th 2014 AUSTIN, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Advertisers can engage prospective [...] more »
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence March 10th 2014 NEW YORK, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Bitly, the company [...] more »
- RadiumOne Appoints New CFO As Rapid Growth Continues March 10th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 9, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RadiumOne, the leading global [...] more »
- Blue Calypso’s DashTAGG Chosen as ad:tech San Francisco Official Mobile Gamification Platform March 10th 2014 DALLAS, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Blue Calypso, Inc. (OTCBB:BCYP), [...] more »
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Tech Companies Must Improve EncryptionThe (Important) SXSW Panels You Missed, Explained by CartoonsToday’s Burning
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen | Isupon: [...] ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy growth in the use