Evolve Media Sells SheKnows.com to Private Equity Firm
CLAREMONT, CALIF. (December 19, 2012) – Evolve Media, an integrated digital media company and vertical publisher, announced today that it has completed the sale of its women’s media property SheKnows.com to a private equity firm.
Originally a five-person company when acquired by Evolve in 2006, Evolve spent the past 7 years layering its proprietary platform of publishing products and marketing tools onto SheKnows to help graduate the asset from a small web property of 600,000 unique visitors into a leading women’s media business that attracts more than 41 million unique visitors each month (comScore, November 2012) and employs more than 100 people. Under Evolve’s leadership, SheKnows earned some of the most prestigious awards for its premium content and original video production, including 2011 and 2012 Emmy® Awards, back-to-back OMMA Awards for Website Excellence, as well as numerous Digiday Video and Publishing Awards.
“A transaction of this size further evidences the power of Evolve’s publishing platform and business model,” says Brian Fitzgerald (pictured), president and co-founder of Evolve. “We have demonstrated a proficiency in identifying under-leveraged web assets in the right space, which we are then able to acquire and successfully integrate onto our platform, growing significantly the audience, brand equity and revenue for each property.”
Apart from SheKnows, Evolve continues to own and operate more than 50 enthusiast web properties organized under two vertical publishing units, CraveOnline Media for men and totallyher for women. CraveOnline Media includes owned and operated properties CraveOnline.com, GameRevolution.com, Sherdog.com, and ComingSoon.net (amongst others), which collectively serve as the web’s No. 1 male lifestyle publisher reaching 33 million unique visitors per month (comScore, November 2012), and totallyher media, Evolve’s female vertical that includes owned and operated websites Momtastic.com and theFashionSpot.com and reaches more than 31 million unique visitors a month (comScore, November 2012).
The SheKnows transaction marks the second major sale of a publishing asset by Evolve, which had previously sold Quizilla.com to Viacom in 2006. Evolve plans to invest the proceeds of the SheKnows transaction into new website acquisitions as well as continued investments to support its publishing platform, which includes a number of technologies such as Crowd Ignite, a leading content and audience marketing platform, and Springboard Video, an online video platform that powers online video for over 500 websites.
“Evolve has spent the last seven years developing SheKnows into the fastest growing online women’s property and a sale of the asset to private equity is a true testament to Evolve’s ability to build lasting brands,” says Aaron Broder, CEO and co-founder of Evolve. “With this proven record of acquiring and growing publishing assets, we see a real opportunity to aggressively seek out new M&A opportunities that can help us continue to grow our company.”
About Evolve Media
Evolve Media (http://www.evolvedigital.com/) is an integrated digital media company focused on publishing, vertical ad sales and marketing services, and lastly video solutions. Evolve specializes in vertical publishing for men and women with its two flagship publishers, CraveOnline Media and totallyher Media. CraveOnline Media is the largest male lifestyle publisher and home to CraveOnline.com, GameRevolution.com and LiveOutdoors.com. While Evolve’s female vertical, totallyher houses theFashionSpot.com, Momtastic.com, and Teenspot.com. SpringBoard Video is Evolve’s video division, offering video publishing technology and scalable premium advertising solutions.
Evolve offers brand marketers digital brand campaigns that can achieve both significant reach among key audiences and contextual environments that together have been proven to increase key brand effectiveness. To drive superior results, Evolve offers best-in-class integration and creative solutions tailored to specific brand objectives. Evolve’s primary mission is to provide marketers with unique, integrated creative programs across branded consumer content sites, allowing a brand to get engaged with a passionate, influencer audience in a way that converts them into a brand evangelist. Moreover, Evolve can leverage these capabilities against a platform of over 55 premium web destinations, reaching 300 million people globally each month.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]