Drive YouTube Channel Set to Exclusively Air 25th Race of Champions for U.S. Audience
NEW YORK (December 11, 2012) – DRIVE today announced it will exclusively air the 25th Race of Champions (ROC), taking place in exotic Bangkok, at 7pm ET on December 15 and 16 for U.S. viewers on its YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/DRIVE.
Accessible exclusively in the U.S. at www.youtube.com/DRIVE, ROC will pit motorsports’ racing elite from various disciplines, including Formula One, World Rally Championship, MotoGP, Touring Cars, IndyCar and Le Mans. The competition will feature a series of head-to-head races in identical cars on a parallel track inside Rajamangala Stadium to crown the “Champion of Champions.” Drivers will pair up by nationality for the ROC Nations Cup ahead of the individual Race of Champions the following day.
In partnership with Pirelli, Hertz and GoPro, DRIVE will produce pre-show and play-by-play commentary programming with longtime ROC presenter John Hindhaugh from RadioLeMans.com, professional driver and racing commentator Tommy Kendall and DRIVE motorsports analyst and host of “Shakedown,” Leo Parente.
Through its stream on DRIVE, ROC will reach a potential audience of more than 200,000 subscribers. Since its inception January 2012, DRIVE has generated more than 37 million views and continues to see strong, consistent subscriber growth.
“At DRIVE we continue to redefine automotive and motorsports programming,” said J.F. Musial, CEO of TangentVector, Inc. and executive producer of DRIVE. “As the first YouTube channel to exclusively stream a motorsports event online, DRIVE offers a vehicle for our viewers, subscribers and advertisers to take part in the shift of consumers’ sports consumption from traditional to digital.”
Drivers competing in ROC 2012 include:
- Michael Schumacher (pictured), seven-time Formula 1 World Champion
- Sebastian Vettel, Formula 1 World Champion (2012, 2011, 2010)
- Ryan Hunter-Reay, IndyCar Series Champion (2012)
- Jorge Lorenzo, MotoGP World Champion (2012, 2010)
- Sebastien Ogier, seven-time WRC winner, 2011 ROC “Champion of Champions”
- David Coulthard, 13-time Formula 1 Grand Prix winner
- Tom Kristensen, eight-time Le Mans 24 Hour race winner
- Jamie Whincup, V8 Supercar Champion (2011, 2009, 2008)
- Mick Doohan, five-time 500cc MotoGP World Champion
- Romain Grosjean, Formula 1 driver
- Andy Priaulx, three-time FIA World Touring Car Champion.
In recent years, ROC has visited the Stade de France in Paris (2004-2006), London’s Wembley Stadium (2007-2008), Beijing’s ‘Bird’s Nest’ Olympic Stadium (2009) and Düsseldorf’s ESPRIT arena (2010-2011). For 2012, it’s venturing outside Europe for only the second time in its 25-year history.
To view DRIVE’s exclusive Race of Champions coverage on YouTube on December 14 and 15 at 7pm ET, please visit www.youtube.com/DRIVE
YouTube’s original content channel DRIVE is a trailblazing internet video studio producing personality-driven shows that celebrate the culture of cars. DRIVE takes its audience on the road, to the races, to the factories, to the design studios — and to other places car lovers have always wanted to go, but never had the chance.
DRIVE’s weekly lineup of shows for car lovers include SHAKEDOWN – racing analyst Leo Parente gives the straight dope on the world of motorsports; TUNED – SPEED TV personality Matt Farah seeks out and drives the best examples of aftermarket, specialty, and unique vehicles; CHRIS HARRIS ON CARS – the UK’s fastest-rising star of automotive journalism, Chris Harris, test drives the most important sports cars and exotics on the road today; and LIVE AND LET DRIVE – author, speed-record holder and automotive oddball Alex Roy takes you along on amazing, unexpected road trip adventures around the globe. For more information, please visit http://www.youtube.com/DRIVE.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence
- RadiumOne Appoints New CFO As Rapid Growth Continues
- Blue Calypso’s DashTAGG Chosen as ad:tech San Francisco Official Mobile Gamification Platform
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence March 10th 2014 NEW YORK, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Bitly, the company [...] more »
- RadiumOne Appoints New CFO As Rapid Growth Continues March 10th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 9, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RadiumOne, the leading global [...] more »
- Blue Calypso’s DashTAGG Chosen as ad:tech San Francisco Official Mobile Gamification Platform March 10th 2014 DALLAS, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Blue Calypso, Inc. (OTCBB:BCYP), [...] more »
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen | Isupon: [...] ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy growth in the use
- What You Need To Know To Get Ahead In Video Advertising | Setting the PACE: [...] results of new research into online video advertising in the form of this infographic,
- conversion optimization examples | JIM BULDO: [...] SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social MarketingADOTAS, on Fri, 07 Mar 2014