Waze’s Location-Guided Mobile Ad Platform Merges Navigation, M-Commerce
PALO ALTO, CALIF. (November 7, 2012) – Waze, the world’s social traffic and navigation app, is officially launching Waze Ads, its location-guided advertising platform for local merchants and big brands looking to attract a new audience of mobile customers who are already on the road and driving nearby. Waze Ads allow any merchant to add their business to the map, building brand awareness and engaging an audience of 30 million users from origin to destination.
Waze understands everyday driving, and strives to improve that experience by adding value in time saved on the road, money saved on gas, and now awareness of nearby offers and locations. As consumers have adapted to mobile ads on their phones, brands have been looking for ways to make those ads more effective. The missing component has always been frequency. Waze’s average user engagement is over 440 minutes per month, from everyday drivers navigating their way from home to errand to work allowing ample opportunity for incremental stops and repeat business. Location-guided advertising ensures that messages impact users that are already en route, exhibiting intent.
Looking at Waze users’ driving behavior, 20 percent search and navigate to restaurants, 15 percent to fast food, 10 percent to coffee shops, and 6 percent to malls; huge numbers in terms of potential new customers for businesses. When surveyed about their own driving patterns, over 50 percent of Wazers surveyed cited making pit stops on their drives for errands, and 30 percent for shopping. Over the past few months, Waze has been analyzing and gathering insights from initial campaigns for brands looking to achieve more in mobile advertising. So far, the results have exceeded initial projections and forecasts for US brands like Shell, B.P., Exxon, Best Buy, and international brands including TotalErg (Italy), Texaco (Panama) Avis (Israel), Nike (Israel), Hertz (Israel), Sixt (Israel), and Pizza Hut (Israel). With validation through granular analysis, Waze has attracted an initial lineup of US partners including Dunkin Donuts, Circle K MACS, Kum & Go, Wyndham Hotels, Jamba Juice, and P&G to bring about the next phase in mobile marketing.
“We’ve been working in mobile advertising since 2009, with some of the most progressive brands and innovators in the mobile hyper-local space, so we’re excited that Waze is stepping it up even further –offering what our clients have been asking for, for years”, said Dipanshu Sharma, CEO of xAd.
Waze Advertising includes a self-serve platform, allowing small businesses to set, change, and measure their campaigns through http://biz.waze.com. The platform offers a full suite of location-aware tools including local search, advanced targeting based on time of day, and loyalty programs to returning customers. Vendors can use these tools to input their own locations on the Waze map, create offers, and manage their campaigns on the site.
Come on In
To celebrate the launch, Waze is offering advertisers, brands, and vendors a $50 free trial of the platform during the month of November. For inquiries or to get started, visit http://biz.waze.com.
Waze is a free traffic and navigation app, home to the world’s largest community of drivers who work together to fight traffic, and save time and gas money on their daily commute. By simply driving with Waze open, drivers passively contribute traffic info that benefits their local driving community. Drivers can also actively report events such as accidents, police traps, or hazards along the way. Aggregating this crowd-sourced road info, Waze provides the best real-time routes that bypass traffic, even re-routing drivers as road conditions change.
The Waze community is over 30 million strong and growing! The Waze App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore, Google: Play Store, and at http://m.waze.com. Start saving valuable time and gas money, and make driving just a little more fun.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013 ADOTAS — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than