Waze’s Location-Guided Mobile Ad Platform Merges Navigation, M-Commerce
PALO ALTO, CALIF. (November 7, 2012) – Waze, the world’s social traffic and navigation app, is officially launching Waze Ads, its location-guided advertising platform for local merchants and big brands looking to attract a new audience of mobile customers who are already on the road and driving nearby. Waze Ads allow any merchant to add their business to the map, building brand awareness and engaging an audience of 30 million users from origin to destination.
Waze understands everyday driving, and strives to improve that experience by adding value in time saved on the road, money saved on gas, and now awareness of nearby offers and locations. As consumers have adapted to mobile ads on their phones, brands have been looking for ways to make those ads more effective. The missing component has always been frequency. Waze’s average user engagement is over 440 minutes per month, from everyday drivers navigating their way from home to errand to work allowing ample opportunity for incremental stops and repeat business. Location-guided advertising ensures that messages impact users that are already en route, exhibiting intent.
Looking at Waze users’ driving behavior, 20 percent search and navigate to restaurants, 15 percent to fast food, 10 percent to coffee shops, and 6 percent to malls; huge numbers in terms of potential new customers for businesses. When surveyed about their own driving patterns, over 50 percent of Wazers surveyed cited making pit stops on their drives for errands, and 30 percent for shopping. Over the past few months, Waze has been analyzing and gathering insights from initial campaigns for brands looking to achieve more in mobile advertising. So far, the results have exceeded initial projections and forecasts for US brands like Shell, B.P., Exxon, Best Buy, and international brands including TotalErg (Italy), Texaco (Panama) Avis (Israel), Nike (Israel), Hertz (Israel), Sixt (Israel), and Pizza Hut (Israel). With validation through granular analysis, Waze has attracted an initial lineup of US partners including Dunkin Donuts, Circle K MACS, Kum & Go, Wyndham Hotels, Jamba Juice, and P&G to bring about the next phase in mobile marketing.
“We’ve been working in mobile advertising since 2009, with some of the most progressive brands and innovators in the mobile hyper-local space, so we’re excited that Waze is stepping it up even further –offering what our clients have been asking for, for years”, said Dipanshu Sharma, CEO of xAd.
Waze Advertising includes a self-serve platform, allowing small businesses to set, change, and measure their campaigns through http://biz.waze.com. The platform offers a full suite of location-aware tools including local search, advanced targeting based on time of day, and loyalty programs to returning customers. Vendors can use these tools to input their own locations on the Waze map, create offers, and manage their campaigns on the site.
Come on In
To celebrate the launch, Waze is offering advertisers, brands, and vendors a $50 free trial of the platform during the month of November. For inquiries or to get started, visit http://biz.waze.com.
Waze is a free traffic and navigation app, home to the world’s largest community of drivers who work together to fight traffic, and save time and gas money on their daily commute. By simply driving with Waze open, drivers passively contribute traffic info that benefits their local driving community. Drivers can also actively report events such as accidents, police traps, or hazards along the way. Aggregating this crowd-sourced road info, Waze provides the best real-time routes that bypass traffic, even re-routing drivers as road conditions change.
The Waze community is over 30 million strong and growing! The Waze App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore, Google: Play Store, and at http://m.waze.com. Start saving valuable time and gas money, and make driving just a little more fun.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Kitara Media Appoints Chris Magdelinskas as Chief Technology Officer
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom
- PointRoll’s Social Engager Leverages Multi-Source Data to Alter Creative on the Fly for Mobile Facebook & Twitter Users
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence
- Kitara Media Appoints Chris Magdelinskas as Chief Technology Officer March 11th 2014 JERSEY CITY, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Kitara Media Corp. [...] more »
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media March 10th 2014 KANSAS CITY, Mo. and LOS ANGELES, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom March 10th 2014 ADOTAS – This past Friday, Advertising Age reported that Omnicom [...] more »
- PointRoll’s Social Engager Leverages Multi-Source Data to Alter Creative on the Fly for Mobile Facebook & Twitter Users March 10th 2014 AUSTIN, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Advertisers can engage prospective [...] more »
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence March 10th 2014 NEW YORK, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Bitly, the company [...] more »
- RadiumOne Appoints New CFO As Rapid Growth Continues March 10th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 9, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RadiumOne, the leading global [...] more »
- Blue Calypso’s DashTAGG Chosen as ad:tech San Francisco Official Mobile Gamification Platform March 10th 2014 DALLAS, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Blue Calypso, Inc. (OTCBB:BCYP), [...] more »
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Tech Companies Must Improve EncryptionThe (Important) SXSW Panels You Missed, Explained by CartoonsToday’s Burning
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen | Isupon: [...] ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy growth in the use