VIDEO: Adap.tv Unveils its Q4 Report on the State of the Industry
Adap.tv President Toby Gabriner issued the company’s fourth-quarter “State of the Online Video Industry Report” yesterday (see above). The survey received responses from more than 700 industry professionals spanning advertisers, publishers and brands (a 17 percent increase when compared with the last study, released in March).
Among the report’s key findings:
- Advances in ad technology drove dramatic increases in digital video dollars in 2012. Real-time bidding, interest in private exchanges tripled in Q3.
- The shift to planning TV and online video together is occurring more rapidly than at any other time in the industry. Since the survey was last conducted six months ago, the number of agencies planning TV and video together is up 10 percentage points.
- Fill-rates for publishers are up an average of 19 percent over last year. Not only is volume up, publishers are now embracing new technologies like Private Marketplaces at record levels, helping them command better rates for premium inventory.
- There was an 11 point increase in respondents who said that OVA would be an incremental spend, that is actually increasing total ad budget rather than serving as a replacement cost or swap out with traditional TV buys. Digital video is not only taking a larger share of ad budgets but also increasing advertisers total spent. Said another way, OVA is pushing more dollars into the marketplace.
- The interest and participation in private marketplace has more than doubled since survey last conducted in Q1 2012. 20 percent of publishers (up from 8 percent in Q1) are saying they are using private marketplaces, marking a significant shift in thinking. Publishers are more willing to place content in private marketplaces and not forgo premium prices for their premium content.
To download the report, click here.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- Facebook’s Atlas Solutions Partners with Cross-Screen Ad Platform Innovid March 5th 2014 ADOTAS — Tablets, smartphones, laptops are all competing for people’s [...] more »
- LinkedIn Introduces Sponsored InMail on Mobile March 5th 2014 ADOTAS – LinkedIn expanded its mobile ad offering today with the [...] more »
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- 3 Signs Your Marketing Program is Failing March 4th 2014
- Start Your Engines: A Sneak Peek at SXSW 2014 March 4th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] on a Smartphone, You'll Probably Finish on a LaptopDisney Interactive Lays Off 700 WorkersSpotlight
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] for Quvenzhane Wallis in First 'Annie' TrailerFacebook Cracks Down on Illegal Gun PostsTwelvefold Introduces
- Tyler Burke: Nice article Patrica, and your right 2014 will need more engaging content that can be
- #DailyDigital Quick! Somebody Buy Someone! Anything! | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] It’s Alive! Facebook’s Atlas Ad Server Adds Rich Media API Program I don’t really