VIDEO: Adap.tv Unveils its Q4 Report on the State of the Industry
Adap.tv President Toby Gabriner issued the company’s fourth-quarter “State of the Online Video Industry Report” yesterday (see above). The survey received responses from more than 700 industry professionals spanning advertisers, publishers and brands (a 17 percent increase when compared with the last study, released in March).
Among the report’s key findings:
- Advances in ad technology drove dramatic increases in digital video dollars in 2012. Real-time bidding, interest in private exchanges tripled in Q3.
- The shift to planning TV and online video together is occurring more rapidly than at any other time in the industry. Since the survey was last conducted six months ago, the number of agencies planning TV and video together is up 10 percentage points.
- Fill-rates for publishers are up an average of 19 percent over last year. Not only is volume up, publishers are now embracing new technologies like Private Marketplaces at record levels, helping them command better rates for premium inventory.
- There was an 11 point increase in respondents who said that OVA would be an incremental spend, that is actually increasing total ad budget rather than serving as a replacement cost or swap out with traditional TV buys. Digital video is not only taking a larger share of ad budgets but also increasing advertisers total spent. Said another way, OVA is pushing more dollars into the marketplace.
- The interest and participation in private marketplace has more than doubled since survey last conducted in Q1 2012. 20 percent of publishers (up from 8 percent in Q1) are saying they are using private marketplaces, marking a significant shift in thinking. Publishers are more willing to place content in private marketplaces and not forgo premium prices for their premium content.
To download the report, click here.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Meredith Launches “Experience MORE!” Social Commerce Platform
- How to Bridge the Gap Between Mobile Programmatic and In-App Advertising
- Altimiter Releases Report: “Consumer Perceptions of Privacy in the Internet of Things”
- Q&A: Apple Music & Ad-Supported Internet Radio
- Yelp Research Claims Google is Gaming Search Results; Google Says, “No”