VIDEO: Adap.tv Unveils its Q4 Report on the State of the Industry
Adap.tv President Toby Gabriner issued the company’s fourth-quarter “State of the Online Video Industry Report” yesterday (see above). The survey received responses from more than 700 industry professionals spanning advertisers, publishers and brands (a 17 percent increase when compared with the last study, released in March).
Among the report’s key findings:
- Advances in ad technology drove dramatic increases in digital video dollars in 2012. Real-time bidding, interest in private exchanges tripled in Q3.
- The shift to planning TV and online video together is occurring more rapidly than at any other time in the industry. Since the survey was last conducted six months ago, the number of agencies planning TV and video together is up 10 percentage points.
- Fill-rates for publishers are up an average of 19 percent over last year. Not only is volume up, publishers are now embracing new technologies like Private Marketplaces at record levels, helping them command better rates for premium inventory.
- There was an 11 point increase in respondents who said that OVA would be an incremental spend, that is actually increasing total ad budget rather than serving as a replacement cost or swap out with traditional TV buys. Digital video is not only taking a larger share of ad budgets but also increasing advertisers total spent. Said another way, OVA is pushing more dollars into the marketplace.
- The interest and participation in private marketplace has more than doubled since survey last conducted in Q1 2012. 20 percent of publishers (up from 8 percent in Q1) are saying they are using private marketplaces, marking a significant shift in thinking. Publishers are more willing to place content in private marketplaces and not forgo premium prices for their premium content.
To download the report, click here.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
VIDEO: Adap.tv Unveils its Q4 Report on the State of the Industry Adap.tv President Toby Gabriner issued the company’s fourth-quarter “State of the Online Video Industry Report” yesterday (see above). The survey received [...] more...
- From the Twitterverse: Gamers Hate On Xbox One May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – Microsoft has unveiled Xbox One, its next-generation entertainment [...] more »
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – For brand managers and marketers, the Internet has [...] more »
- Blogshare: Why Tumblr Will Make Yahoo Billions May 21st 2013 ADOTAS (via WordStream) — Here’s why I think Yahoo is [...] more »
- Study: Xbox Reveal Sparks More Social Buzz than Galaxy S4 and Facebook ‘Phone’ Combined May 21st 2013 ADOTAS — The new Xbox gaming console, which will be [...] more »
- Video: Xbox Reveal, 5/21/13 May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – Microsoft unveiled its next-generation Xbox today at a [...] more »
- Live Twitter Feed from Internet Week New York May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – This year’s Internet Week New York (#IWNY) will [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’ve solicited comments from industry leaders in [...] more »
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013
- Blogshare: Why Tumblr Will Make Yahoo Billions May 21st 2013
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- From the Twitterverse: Gamers Hate On Xbox One: [...] – Microsoft has unveiled Xbox One, its next-generation entertainment console. This is not your
- From the Twitterverse: Xbox One Reaction: [...] ADOTAS – Here’s how the world is reacting to Microsoft’s Xbox One announcement: [...]
- Study: Xbox Reveal Sparks More Social Buzz than Galaxy S4 and Facebook ‘Phone’ Combined: [...] — The new Xbox gaming console, which will be unveiled today, has produced 66,000
- Ben Straley responds to Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? - Rio SEO Blog: [...] Original article posted here [...]