The Weather Company Hires Eva Papoutsakis Smith as VP of Sales Strategy
NEW YORK (November 13, 2012) – The Weather Company (previously The Weather Channel Companies) has hired Eva Papoutsakis Smith (pictured) as vice president of sales strategy. Papoutsakis Smith joined TWC with experience from WebMD and Microsoft. In this newly created role, she will oversee strategic plan development and work closely with the sales organization to develop The Weather Company’s insights, story and offering for clients based on knowledge of TWC products, the industry and competitive landscape. She will be based in New York and report to Eric Hadley, senior vice president of sales strategy and marketing at TWC. She joined the company on November 5.
“Eva is a customer-centric thinker with expert strategic insights,” said Hadley. “She is a great addition to the team and will be a tremendous asset to our sales force.”
As vice president of strategic development at WebMD, Papoutsakis Smith was responsible for the vision and execution of the consumer markets business strategy, and led the consumer markets strategic development team for all non-pharma brands. In this role, she was the driving force in the redefinition of the WebMD brand, content & audience strategy. Prior to that, she spent several years in other roles within the WebMD strategic development team, focusing on consumer marketing business priorities and campaigns.
Previously, Papoutsakis Smith worked at Microsoft Digital Advertising Solutions and MSN as lead category manager, responsible for sales and product strategy for consumer packaged goods and pharmaceutical verticals. While at Microsoft/MSN, she also served as global product manager for Hotmail and Windows Live Mail, as well as solutions manager on the strategic advertising response team. She also worked as a digital brand manager for Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, and digital marketing manager at Estee Lauder Corporation. She began her career as a research associate in the digital commerce group at Jupiter Media.
Papoutsakis Smith received an MBA from the Harvard Business School and a bachelor’s degree in economics and communications from Cornell University.
- Pingback from The Weather Company Hires Eva Papoutsakis Smith as VP of Sales Strategy – ADOTAS | Recent Tv News
- Pingback from Mobile Ad Server Heat; Brien Out At McCann
- Pingback from The polarisation of selling and buying | eLuxMarket
Leave a Comment
- Tremor Video Hires Publisher Veteran Manish Jha to Lead its Supply-Side Platform
- AppNexus Announces Investment at $1.2 Billion Valuation
- L2 Names Scott Ernst CEO to drive Global Expansion & Product Portfolio
- Nasmedia and Lotame Announce Strategic Partnership
- Simulmedia Promotes Julie Nolan to Chief People Officer