The Weather Company Hires Eva Papoutsakis Smith as VP of Sales Strategy
NEW YORK (November 13, 2012) – The Weather Company (previously The Weather Channel Companies) has hired Eva Papoutsakis Smith (pictured) as vice president of sales strategy. Papoutsakis Smith joined TWC with experience from WebMD and Microsoft. In this newly created role, she will oversee strategic plan development and work closely with the sales organization to develop The Weather Company’s insights, story and offering for clients based on knowledge of TWC products, the industry and competitive landscape. She will be based in New York and report to Eric Hadley, senior vice president of sales strategy and marketing at TWC. She joined the company on November 5.
“Eva is a customer-centric thinker with expert strategic insights,” said Hadley. “She is a great addition to the team and will be a tremendous asset to our sales force.”
As vice president of strategic development at WebMD, Papoutsakis Smith was responsible for the vision and execution of the consumer markets business strategy, and led the consumer markets strategic development team for all non-pharma brands. In this role, she was the driving force in the redefinition of the WebMD brand, content & audience strategy. Prior to that, she spent several years in other roles within the WebMD strategic development team, focusing on consumer marketing business priorities and campaigns.
Previously, Papoutsakis Smith worked at Microsoft Digital Advertising Solutions and MSN as lead category manager, responsible for sales and product strategy for consumer packaged goods and pharmaceutical verticals. While at Microsoft/MSN, she also served as global product manager for Hotmail and Windows Live Mail, as well as solutions manager on the strategic advertising response team. She also worked as a digital brand manager for Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, and digital marketing manager at Estee Lauder Corporation. She began her career as a research associate in the digital commerce group at Jupiter Media.
Papoutsakis Smith received an MBA from the Harvard Business School and a bachelor’s degree in economics and communications from Cornell University.
- Pingback from The Weather Company Hires Eva Papoutsakis Smith as VP of Sales Strategy – ADOTAS | Recent Tv News
- Pingback from Mobile Ad Server Heat; Brien Out At McCann
- Pingback from The polarisation of selling and buying | eLuxMarket
Leave a Comment
- Adotas Poll: Pay Music Service Will Have Most Affect On Google’s Bottom Line May 24th 2013 ADOTAS – In last week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Report: Tremor Video Files for IPO May 24th 2013 ADOTAS – Are our readers incredibly influential, or are they [...] more »
- How to Make Lead Exchange Work May 24th 2013 ADOTAS — The idea of lead exchanges has hardly been [...] more »
- A Whole New Ballgame: Sports Ticketing in the Connected Age May 24th 2013 ADOTAS — In the next five years the ticket market [...] more »
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via Edelman Digital) — Pinterest has always been defined [...] more »
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Landing pages represent the tipping point for affiliate [...] more »
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – More often than not, companies that are not [...] more »
- How to Make Lead Exchange Work May 24th 2013
- A Whole New Ballgame: Sports Ticketing in the Connected Age May 24th 2013
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013
- Digital Account Executive
- Sr Planner- Digital Vendor Marketing
- Business Analyst - IT Operations
- Client Relationship Manager
- Print and Web Manager
- Report: Tremor Video Files for IPO: [...] company’s IPO would draw the strongest response: Tremor Video, Yu.Me or Adap.tv. A staggering
- Report: Tremor Video Files for IPO: [...] Friday, based on a May 9 report from Bloomberg, we conducted a poll asking
- Bob Gordon: Cave Drawings still convey their creators thoughts and ideas...the debate about the effectiveness of display
- Streaming Music Service Payments | Copy Combine Transform: [...] pressure on recorded music value has resulted in a streaming service business model that