The Weather Company Hires Eva Papoutsakis Smith as VP of Sales Strategy
NEW YORK (November 13, 2012) – The Weather Company (previously The Weather Channel Companies) has hired Eva Papoutsakis Smith (pictured) as vice president of sales strategy. Papoutsakis Smith joined TWC with experience from WebMD and Microsoft. In this newly created role, she will oversee strategic plan development and work closely with the sales organization to develop The Weather Company’s insights, story and offering for clients based on knowledge of TWC products, the industry and competitive landscape. She will be based in New York and report to Eric Hadley, senior vice president of sales strategy and marketing at TWC. She joined the company on November 5.
“Eva is a customer-centric thinker with expert strategic insights,” said Hadley. “She is a great addition to the team and will be a tremendous asset to our sales force.”
As vice president of strategic development at WebMD, Papoutsakis Smith was responsible for the vision and execution of the consumer markets business strategy, and led the consumer markets strategic development team for all non-pharma brands. In this role, she was the driving force in the redefinition of the WebMD brand, content & audience strategy. Prior to that, she spent several years in other roles within the WebMD strategic development team, focusing on consumer marketing business priorities and campaigns.
Previously, Papoutsakis Smith worked at Microsoft Digital Advertising Solutions and MSN as lead category manager, responsible for sales and product strategy for consumer packaged goods and pharmaceutical verticals. While at Microsoft/MSN, she also served as global product manager for Hotmail and Windows Live Mail, as well as solutions manager on the strategic advertising response team. She also worked as a digital brand manager for Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, and digital marketing manager at Estee Lauder Corporation. She began her career as a research associate in the digital commerce group at Jupiter Media.
Papoutsakis Smith received an MBA from the Harvard Business School and a bachelor’s degree in economics and communications from Cornell University.
- Pingback from The Weather Company Hires Eva Papoutsakis Smith as VP of Sales Strategy – ADOTAS | Recent Tv News
- Pingback from Mobile Ad Server Heat; Brien Out At McCann
- Pingback from The polarisation of selling and buying | eLuxMarket
Leave a Comment
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison
- Rubicon Project Strengthens Senior Leadership Team With Strategic New Hires
- UPDATED: Is Ex-PayPal SVP The Person Leaving Ginormous ‘Tips for Jesus’?
- Integrate and Silicon Valley Bank Ink $12.5 Million in Secured Financing
- Pixalate Raises $4.6 Million to Bring Free Real-Time Ad Viewability and Fraud Detection to Brands and Agencies
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison December 11th 2013 ADOTAS – Lest we forget, Google is an advertising company [...] more »
- Rubicon Project Strengthens Senior Leadership Team With Strategic New Hires December 11th 2013 LOS ANGELES, December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Rubicon Project (www.rubiconproject.com), [...] more »
- UPDATED: Is Ex-PayPal SVP The Person Leaving Ginormous ‘Tips for Jesus’? December 11th 2013 ADOTAS — A New York waiter claims that Jack Selby, [...] more »
- Integrate and Silicon Valley Bank Ink $12.5 Million in Secured Financing December 11th 2013 SCOTTSDALE, AZ, December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Integrate, the first [...] more »
- Pixalate Raises $4.6 Million to Bring Free Real-Time Ad Viewability and Fraud Detection to Brands and Agencies December 11th 2013 SANTA MONICA, Calif.,December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Pixalate, a leading [...] more »
- Opera Mediaworks Reveals 6 Biggest Mobile Advertising Trends of 2013 December 11th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS — In a [...] more »
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Marketers all have different opinions about how much [...] more »
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Sharpen Your Marketing Strategy with Accountable Media December 10th 2013
- Female Game Players are Stealing TV Advertising Budgets December 10th 2013
- Media Consolidation Is Revolutionizing Marketing December 9th 2013
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial
- CimatronE 11 Provides Italian Manufacturer With Major Gun Drilling Efficiencies | contractor-software.us: [...] SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet Click fraud, pixel-jacking and