Tealium Appoints Veteran Software and Internet Executive Jeff Lunsford as CEO
SAN DIEGO (November 26, 2012) – Tealium, the leader in enterprise tag management, today announced that Jeff Lunsford (pictured) will join the company in January as chief executive officer, adding a proven technology executive to lead the company’s aggressive growth strategy worldwide. Lunsford, who currently serves on Tealium’s board of directors, will arrive in time for Digital Velocity, the company’s annual user conference scheduled for Jan. 23-25, 2013, in San Diego.
Lunsford led WebSideStory’s IPO in 2004. Tealium’s leadership team is largely comprised of former WebSideStory executives who contributed to the company’s success.
“Jeff is the perfect fit for Tealium and we are thrilled to be working with him again,” said Ali Behnam, president and co-founder at Tealium. “We had a chance to work with him very closely at WebSideStory and we know what type of leader he is, and what type of results he can achieve. This is a great day for customers, employees and everyone affiliated with Tealium.”
Lunsford will take over leadership of a company that has dominated the space for enterprise tag management, which enables organizations to more easily manage their online solutions and digital marketing data. Tealium has achieved a competitive win rate of 90 percent so far this year, and currently has 140+ enterprise customers on five different continents. This summer, Tealium announced that Battery Ventures, one of the most respected venture capital firms in the world, invested $10.5M in the company.
“Tag management is already recognized as a foundational layer of digital marketing, with great potential to transform how marketers manage and exchange digital data,” Lunsford said. “I am impressed with everything Tealium has accomplished so far. It has innovative technology, great customers and partners, and high-quality investors. I am excited to work again with this talented group of former colleagues.”
“Jeff is a highly sought-after CEO, and for him to choose Tealium speaks volumes about our technology and our customers,” said Mike Anderson, co-founder and CTO at Tealium. “We look forward to working with him again and helping us grow and define this rapidly evolving market.”
“Tealium’s growth has far exceeded our expectations since we finalized our investment in May 2012,” said Neeraj Agrawal, a general partner at Battery Ventures, who also sits on Tealium’s board of directors. “The ability to recruit Jeff Lunsford, a proven, multi-time software CEO to the team is only further fueling our excitement.”
Prior to WebSideStory, Lunsford was the CEO of TogetherSoft Corporation, a software development company that sold to Borland Software in 2002. From 1996-2002, he was the senior vice president of corporate development for S1 Corporation, a provider of customer interaction software for financial and payment services. A former naval aviator, Lunsford received a B.S. in Information and Computer Sciences from the Georgia Institute of Technology.
Lunsford will take over leadership of a company that has dominated the space for enterprise tag management, which enables organizations to more easily manage their online solutions and digital marketing data.
Leave a Comment
Tealium Appoints Veteran Software and Internet Executive Jeff Lunsford as CEOSAN DIEGO (November 26, 2012) – Tealium, the leader in enterprise tag management, today announced that Jeff Lunsford (pictured) will join [...] more...
- From the Twitterverse: Gamers Hate On Xbox One May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – Microsoft has unveiled Xbox One, its next-generation entertainment [...] more »
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – For brand managers and marketers, the Internet has [...] more »
- Blogshare: Why Tumblr Will Make Yahoo Billions May 21st 2013 ADOTAS (via WordStream) — Here’s why I think Yahoo is [...] more »
- Study: Xbox Reveal Sparks More Social Buzz than Galaxy S4 and Facebook ‘Phone’ Combined May 21st 2013 ADOTAS — The new Xbox gaming console, which will be [...] more »
- Video: Xbox Reveal, 5/21/13 May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – Microsoft unveiled its next-generation Xbox today at a [...] more »
- Live Twitter Feed from Internet Week New York May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – This year’s Internet Week New York (#IWNY) will [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’ve solicited comments from industry leaders in [...] more »
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013
- Blogshare: Why Tumblr Will Make Yahoo Billions May 21st 2013
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Study: Xbox Reveal Sparks More Social Buzz than Galaxy S4 and Facebook ‘Phone’ Combined: [...] — The new Xbox gaming console, which will be unveiled today, has produced 66,000
- Ben Straley responds to Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? - Rio SEO Blog: [...] Original article posted here [...]
- New Solution to OpenX OnRamp Shutdown | Adcolt: [...] http://www.adotas.com/2013/02/update-malware-attack-permanently-shuts-down-openx-onramp/ Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading... This entry was posted in Uncategorized
- Pinterest Roundup — May 2013 | Technology for Publishing LLC: [...] Early Pinterest Analytics Show Brand Potential [...]