Tealium Appoints Veteran Software and Internet Executive Jeff Lunsford as CEO
SAN DIEGO (November 26, 2012) – Tealium, the leader in enterprise tag management, today announced that Jeff Lunsford (pictured) will join the company in January as chief executive officer, adding a proven technology executive to lead the company’s aggressive growth strategy worldwide. Lunsford, who currently serves on Tealium’s board of directors, will arrive in time for Digital Velocity, the company’s annual user conference scheduled for Jan. 23-25, 2013, in San Diego.
Lunsford led WebSideStory’s IPO in 2004. Tealium’s leadership team is largely comprised of former WebSideStory executives who contributed to the company’s success.
“Jeff is the perfect fit for Tealium and we are thrilled to be working with him again,” said Ali Behnam, president and co-founder at Tealium. “We had a chance to work with him very closely at WebSideStory and we know what type of leader he is, and what type of results he can achieve. This is a great day for customers, employees and everyone affiliated with Tealium.”
Lunsford will take over leadership of a company that has dominated the space for enterprise tag management, which enables organizations to more easily manage their online solutions and digital marketing data. Tealium has achieved a competitive win rate of 90 percent so far this year, and currently has 140+ enterprise customers on five different continents. This summer, Tealium announced that Battery Ventures, one of the most respected venture capital firms in the world, invested $10.5M in the company.
“Tag management is already recognized as a foundational layer of digital marketing, with great potential to transform how marketers manage and exchange digital data,” Lunsford said. “I am impressed with everything Tealium has accomplished so far. It has innovative technology, great customers and partners, and high-quality investors. I am excited to work again with this talented group of former colleagues.”
“Jeff is a highly sought-after CEO, and for him to choose Tealium speaks volumes about our technology and our customers,” said Mike Anderson, co-founder and CTO at Tealium. “We look forward to working with him again and helping us grow and define this rapidly evolving market.”
“Tealium’s growth has far exceeded our expectations since we finalized our investment in May 2012,” said Neeraj Agrawal, a general partner at Battery Ventures, who also sits on Tealium’s board of directors. “The ability to recruit Jeff Lunsford, a proven, multi-time software CEO to the team is only further fueling our excitement.”
Prior to WebSideStory, Lunsford was the CEO of TogetherSoft Corporation, a software development company that sold to Borland Software in 2002. From 1996-2002, he was the senior vice president of corporate development for S1 Corporation, a provider of customer interaction software for financial and payment services. A former naval aviator, Lunsford received a B.S. in Information and Computer Sciences from the Georgia Institute of Technology.
Lunsford will take over leadership of a company that has dominated the space for enterprise tag management, which enables organizations to more easily manage their online solutions and digital marketing data.
Leave a Comment
- DeskSite Partners with NFL to Offer Alternative to Broadcast TV
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- DeskSite Partners with NFL to Offer Alternative to Broadcast TV December 13th 2013 ADOTAS – DeskSite has just launched a digital video entertainment [...] more »
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers December 12th 2013 ADOTAS – Adobe just announced results for its fiscal year that [...] more »
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing December 12th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Marketo , provider [...] more »
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands December 12th 2013 SALT LAKE CITY, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Online marketers [...] more »
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel December 12th 2013 LONDON, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Audience insights company VisualDNA [...] more »
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding December 12th 2013 FORT WORTH, TX., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Simpli.fi, an [...] more »
- MyCityWay Partners with USA TODAY to Launch Vegas-Themed App December 12th 2013 NEW YORK and MCLEAN, VA., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – [...] more »
- Let’s Stop Debating Whether or Not Super Bowl Ads are Worth It December 13th 2013
- Infographic: B2B Content Tug of War December 12th 2013
- 5 Mobile Strategies to Make Marketers Merry During the Holidays … and Beyond December 12th 2013
- Gone In 10 Seconds: How the Pioneers of Snapchat Marketing Use the App to Build Their Brand December 12th 2013
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Stephen: Your new autoplay video commercials are REALLY annoying. It means I cannot leave your story
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial