Tealium Appoints Veteran Software and Internet Executive Jeff Lunsford as CEO
SAN DIEGO (November 26, 2012) – Tealium, the leader in enterprise tag management, today announced that Jeff Lunsford (pictured) will join the company in January as chief executive officer, adding a proven technology executive to lead the company’s aggressive growth strategy worldwide. Lunsford, who currently serves on Tealium’s board of directors, will arrive in time for Digital Velocity, the company’s annual user conference scheduled for Jan. 23-25, 2013, in San Diego.
Lunsford led WebSideStory’s IPO in 2004. Tealium’s leadership team is largely comprised of former WebSideStory executives who contributed to the company’s success.
“Jeff is the perfect fit for Tealium and we are thrilled to be working with him again,” said Ali Behnam, president and co-founder at Tealium. “We had a chance to work with him very closely at WebSideStory and we know what type of leader he is, and what type of results he can achieve. This is a great day for customers, employees and everyone affiliated with Tealium.”
Lunsford will take over leadership of a company that has dominated the space for enterprise tag management, which enables organizations to more easily manage their online solutions and digital marketing data. Tealium has achieved a competitive win rate of 90 percent so far this year, and currently has 140+ enterprise customers on five different continents. This summer, Tealium announced that Battery Ventures, one of the most respected venture capital firms in the world, invested $10.5M in the company.
“Tag management is already recognized as a foundational layer of digital marketing, with great potential to transform how marketers manage and exchange digital data,” Lunsford said. “I am impressed with everything Tealium has accomplished so far. It has innovative technology, great customers and partners, and high-quality investors. I am excited to work again with this talented group of former colleagues.”
“Jeff is a highly sought-after CEO, and for him to choose Tealium speaks volumes about our technology and our customers,” said Mike Anderson, co-founder and CTO at Tealium. “We look forward to working with him again and helping us grow and define this rapidly evolving market.”
“Tealium’s growth has far exceeded our expectations since we finalized our investment in May 2012,” said Neeraj Agrawal, a general partner at Battery Ventures, who also sits on Tealium’s board of directors. “The ability to recruit Jeff Lunsford, a proven, multi-time software CEO to the team is only further fueling our excitement.”
Prior to WebSideStory, Lunsford was the CEO of TogetherSoft Corporation, a software development company that sold to Borland Software in 2002. From 1996-2002, he was the senior vice president of corporate development for S1 Corporation, a provider of customer interaction software for financial and payment services. A former naval aviator, Lunsford received a B.S. in Information and Computer Sciences from the Georgia Institute of Technology.
Lunsford will take over leadership of a company that has dominated the space for enterprise tag management, which enables organizations to more easily manage their online solutions and digital marketing data.
Leave a Comment
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting
- Covario Names Jeff MacGurn Senior Vice President
- Kitara Media Appoints Chris Magdelinskas as Chief Technology Officer
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting March 11th 2014 ADOTAS – You may already know that Facebook Exchange (FBX) [...] more »
- Covario Names Jeff MacGurn Senior Vice President March 11th 2014 SAN DIEGO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) -– Covario, a leading independent [...] more »
- Kitara Media Appoints Chris Magdelinskas as Chief Technology Officer March 11th 2014 JERSEY CITY, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Kitara Media Corp. [...] more »
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media March 10th 2014 KANSAS CITY, Mo. and LOS ANGELES, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom March 10th 2014 ADOTAS – This past Friday, Advertising Age reported that Omnicom [...] more »
- PointRoll’s Social Engager Leverages Multi-Source Data to Alter Creative on the Fly for Mobile Facebook & Twitter Users March 10th 2014 AUSTIN, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Advertisers can engage prospective [...] more »
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence March 10th 2014 NEW YORK, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Bitly, the company [...] more »
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Fans Among Farmers, Filmmakers#Selfie Music Video Dominates With Help From Social Media InfluencersAdknowledge Acquires
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Tech Companies Must Improve EncryptionThe (Important) SXSW Panels You Missed, Explained by CartoonsToday’s Burning
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]