SteelHouse Survey: 51% of Consumers Will Not Use Their Mobile or Tablet Device for Holiday Shopping
- 51 percent of shoppers will NOT use their mobile device or tablet to browse or purchase gifts this holiday season.
- 58 percent will NOT use their mobile or tablet device to comparison shop in-store to find better prices.
- But 89 percent of these shoppers WILL search online to find the best prices.
- 44 percent of shoppers have purchased a product or service they’ve seen recommended or shared on a social media site.
- Of these consumers, 85 percent said they saw the item they purchased on Facebook, followed by Twitter at 23 percent and Pinterest at 16 percent.
- 64 percent of shoppers will read product reviews and recommendations before making a purchase.
- Consumers cited free shipping (37 percent), percentage off (30 percent), and buy one, get one free deals (30 percent) as the top three offers they’re looking for this year.
- 64 percent of shoppers will be looking for holiday deals and discounts on social media via their computer, not their mobile or tablet device.
- 42 percent of respondents are members of a flash sale site.
- 58 percent shared they intend to purchase gifts from flash sale sites if the right products and offers are or presented.
- 70 percent will be shopping for electronics (TVs, computers, cameras, etc.)
- 50 percent will be shopping for media – including DVDs video games and books.
- 44 percent will be shopping for clothing and shoes.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
SteelHouse Survey: 51% of Consumers Will Not Use Their Mobile or Tablet Device for Holiday ShoppingLOS ANGELES (November 12, 2012) — A survey conducted following last week’s presidential election reveals that shoppers’ behaviors will continue [...] more...
- From the Twitterverse: Gamers Hate On Xbox One May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – Microsoft has unveiled Xbox One, its next-generation entertainment [...] more »
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – For brand managers and marketers, the Internet has [...] more »
- Blogshare: Why Tumblr Will Make Yahoo Billions May 21st 2013 ADOTAS (via WordStream) — Here’s why I think Yahoo is [...] more »
- Study: Xbox Reveal Sparks More Social Buzz than Galaxy S4 and Facebook ‘Phone’ Combined May 21st 2013 ADOTAS — The new Xbox gaming console, which will be [...] more »
- Video: Xbox Reveal, 5/21/13 May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – Microsoft unveiled its next-generation Xbox today at a [...] more »
- Live Twitter Feed from Internet Week New York May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – This year’s Internet Week New York (#IWNY) will [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’ve solicited comments from industry leaders in [...] more »
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013
- Blogshare: Why Tumblr Will Make Yahoo Billions May 21st 2013
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Study: Xbox Reveal Sparks More Social Buzz than Galaxy S4 and Facebook ‘Phone’ Combined: [...] — The new Xbox gaming console, which will be unveiled today, has produced 66,000
- Ben Straley responds to Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? - Rio SEO Blog: [...] Original article posted here [...]
- New Solution to OpenX OnRamp Shutdown | Adcolt: [...] http://www.adotas.com/2013/02/update-malware-attack-permanently-shuts-down-openx-onramp/ Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading... This entry was posted in Uncategorized
- Pinterest Roundup — May 2013 | Technology for Publishing LLC: [...] Early Pinterest Analytics Show Brand Potential [...]