ScanLife Sees 50% Hike in Mobile QR Code, UPC Scanning on Black Friday
ScanLife, the leader in mobile engagement platforms, has released its Black Friday 2012 mobile barcode scanning results. The company reports 270K scans on Black Friday, the busiest day to date for mobile barcode traffic. In addition to continued 2D (QR) barcode adoption among marketers and media publishers, Q3 2012 proved to be a big period for attracting new users with almost 4 million new people scanning from the ScanLife app, representing a 45 percent increase over the same period in 2011.
During today’s Black Friday shopping extravaganza, mobile barcode scans were over 50 percent higher than the daily average. The ScanLife Mobile Engagement Platform reports:
- More than a quarter million scans have been processed through the ScanLife system between 7 p.m. ET on Thanksgiving Day to 7 p.m. ET on Black Friday.
- 75 percent of codes scanned were QR codes rather than UPC codes.
- Among marketers using the ScanLife platform, the consumer electronics and retail industries saw the most scans on Black Friday.
The data in this report was pulled from the ScanLife Mobile Engagement Platform. It represents traffic from both two dimensional barcodes (i.e. QR Codes) and UPC barcodes. The 2D barcodes scanned may have been generated on the ScanLife Platform, or from 3rd party generators. The 2D barcode scanning traffic may come from either the ScanLife app or 3rd party apps.
ScanLife recently launched new versions of its ScanLife mobile barcode application for Android and iOS users. The new versions of the app make it easier for users to discover the best QR codes and products via Facebook. In light of the holiday season, ScanLife is running a “Like It to Win” holiday giveaway. Participants can join in the social spirit in a few simple steps:
- Download ScanLife in the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Scan any barcode or QR Code on products, print ads, websites and in-store displays.
- Click the heart icon on any of your favorite scans.
- ScanLife will give away Amazon gift cards to help make that ‘Like’ come true for the holidays.
ScanLife, brought to you by Scanbuy, is the global leader in developing mobile engagement solutions that power intelligent connections between the physical and digital world. The ScanLife suite of mobile barcode products consists of a cloud-based platform used by a wide variety of industries including retail, CPG and media to create, manage, and monitor dynamic 2D (QR Code) barcode campaigns. The ScanLife app is used by millions of people around the world to discover new information and is available for all major platforms including Android and iOS.
ScanLife processes millions of 1D (UPC) and 2D scans from over 150 different countries and is headquartered in New York City with local offices throughout North America, Europe, and Latin America. Scanbuy has the largest and oldest patent portfolio of any company in the industry, with over 18 patents granted covering the entire solution. The company’s investors include Motorola Solutions Ventures, Motorola Mobility Ventures, Hudson Ventures, and Masthead Venture Partners.
- Pingback from ScanLife Sees 50% Hike in Mobile QR Code, UPC Scanning on ... | Using QR Codes | Scoop.it
- Pingback from ScanLife Sees 50% Hike in Mobile QR Code, UPC Scanning on Black Friday | QR Codes Marketing | Scoop.it
Leave a Comment
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – The first-ever Westchester Digital Summit was held on May [...] more »
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Strong marketing strategies attract attention and build the [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Tremor Video IPO Would Be A Success May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – In this week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – We’ve asked our esteemed panel of industry thought [...] more »
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – Tony Stark aka Iron Man is restless. The [...] more »
- Pandora is First Digital Publisher to Offer e-Business Advertising Integration into Media Buying Platforms May 16th 2013 OAKLAND, CALIF., May 15, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Pandora (NYSE: P), [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Ads That Look at You: How Eye-Tracking Technologies Will Change the Advertising Game May 15th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Backlinks uk: Within search engine optimisation (SEO), one way links reference hyper-links aiming to a distinct Website
- energy-physics: Media.net is a fantastic ad program. But now a days I cant customize their ads.
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? – Adotas | Social Media Strategy Plan: [...] Permalink [...]
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements?: [...] “What will be the impact of the big announcements coming out of this week’s