ScanLife Sees 50% Hike in Mobile QR Code, UPC Scanning on Black Friday
ScanLife, the leader in mobile engagement platforms, has released its Black Friday 2012 mobile barcode scanning results. The company reports 270K scans on Black Friday, the busiest day to date for mobile barcode traffic. In addition to continued 2D (QR) barcode adoption among marketers and media publishers, Q3 2012 proved to be a big period for attracting new users with almost 4 million new people scanning from the ScanLife app, representing a 45 percent increase over the same period in 2011.
During today’s Black Friday shopping extravaganza, mobile barcode scans were over 50 percent higher than the daily average. The ScanLife Mobile Engagement Platform reports:
- More than a quarter million scans have been processed through the ScanLife system between 7 p.m. ET on Thanksgiving Day to 7 p.m. ET on Black Friday.
- 75 percent of codes scanned were QR codes rather than UPC codes.
- Among marketers using the ScanLife platform, the consumer electronics and retail industries saw the most scans on Black Friday.
The data in this report was pulled from the ScanLife Mobile Engagement Platform. It represents traffic from both two dimensional barcodes (i.e. QR Codes) and UPC barcodes. The 2D barcodes scanned may have been generated on the ScanLife Platform, or from 3rd party generators. The 2D barcode scanning traffic may come from either the ScanLife app or 3rd party apps.
ScanLife recently launched new versions of its ScanLife mobile barcode application for Android and iOS users. The new versions of the app make it easier for users to discover the best QR codes and products via Facebook. In light of the holiday season, ScanLife is running a “Like It to Win” holiday giveaway. Participants can join in the social spirit in a few simple steps:
- Download ScanLife in the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Scan any barcode or QR Code on products, print ads, websites and in-store displays.
- Click the heart icon on any of your favorite scans.
- ScanLife will give away Amazon gift cards to help make that ‘Like’ come true for the holidays.
ScanLife, brought to you by Scanbuy, is the global leader in developing mobile engagement solutions that power intelligent connections between the physical and digital world. The ScanLife suite of mobile barcode products consists of a cloud-based platform used by a wide variety of industries including retail, CPG and media to create, manage, and monitor dynamic 2D (QR Code) barcode campaigns. The ScanLife app is used by millions of people around the world to discover new information and is available for all major platforms including Android and iOS.
ScanLife processes millions of 1D (UPC) and 2D scans from over 150 different countries and is headquartered in New York City with local offices throughout North America, Europe, and Latin America. Scanbuy has the largest and oldest patent portfolio of any company in the industry, with over 18 patents granted covering the entire solution. The company’s investors include Motorola Solutions Ventures, Motorola Mobility Ventures, Hudson Ventures, and Masthead Venture Partners.
- Pingback from ScanLife Sees 50% Hike in Mobile QR Code, UPC Scanning on ... | Using QR Codes | Scoop.it
- Pingback from ScanLife Sees 50% Hike in Mobile QR Code, UPC Scanning on Black Friday | QR Codes Marketing | Scoop.it
Leave a Comment
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages
- Wired to Share: New Research from ShareThis and Digitas Reveals Important Insights into Digital Sharing Behavior of Moms
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership
- Does Mobile Display Even Work? How Geo-Location and Cross-Platform Ads Will Change the Game
- Upcoming Event and Conference Calendar
An Interview with Jasper Mullarney, VP of Direct Response Advertising, AdknowledgeADOTAS — Industry Veteran Jasper Mullarney is Vice President of Direct Response for Adknowledge, the fourth-largest digital marketplace behind only [...] more...
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS — Landing pages represent the tipping point for affiliate [...] more »
- Wired to Share: New Research from ShareThis and Digitas Reveals Important Insights into Digital Sharing Behavior of Moms May 22nd 2013 PALO ALTO, CALIF., May 22, 2013 (ADOTAS) – In one [...] more »
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS – Yesterday, just prior to Microsoft’s press conference introducing [...] more »
- Does Mobile Display Even Work? How Geo-Location and Cross-Platform Ads Will Change the Game May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS — The potential of mobile advertising is huge. And [...] more »
- Upcoming Event and Conference Calendar May 22nd 2013 ADOTAS – Here’s a snapshot of upcoming industry events. Further [...] more »
- From the Twitterverse: Gamers Hate On Xbox One May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – Microsoft has unveiled Xbox One, its next-generation entertainment [...] more »
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – For brand managers and marketers, the Internet has [...] more »
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 22nd 2013
- Does Mobile Display Even Work? How Geo-Location and Cross-Platform Ads Will Change the Game May 22nd 2013
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013
- Blogshare: Why Tumblr Will Make Yahoo Billions May 21st 2013
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013
- Client Relationship Manager
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- JamalK: Thanks for this Richard! I think its really difficult to make a case for how
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] The live video post was the third most read article of the day, followed
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] most popular article of the day was our live #XboxReveal Twitter feed, which ran
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] live video post was the third most read article of the day, followed by