Rio SEO Acquires Meteor Solutions
SEATTLE (November 15, 2012) – Meteor Solutions, provider of a proprietary social audience marketing platform, announced today that it has been acquired by San Diego-based Rio SEO, a leading provider of search engine optimization automation and reporting tools, which was launched earlier this year by Covario, Inc. as a dedicated software brand and business unit.
Co-founded in 2009 by Seattle-based entrepreneur Ben Straley, Meteor Solutions has developed an award-winning Social Audience Marketing Suite that enables brands like Microsoft, AT&T, NBC and other advertisers and publishers to increase social sharing and deliver targeted advertising. The company has won numerous awards including Seattle Business Monthly’s Top Tech Innovator, The Advertising Research Foundation’s David Ogilvy Award, Digiday’s Digital Publishing Award and was named a Techcrunch Disrupt Finalist in 2011.
As a result of the acquisition, the three social media software products that combine to make up the Meteor Social Audience Marketing Suite of products for consumer engagement, advertising and analysis will be integrated into the Rio SEO platform of earned media tools for SEO, social media and content marketing automation.
All of the Meteor employees have received employment offers with Rio SEO. Straley and the company will maintain their office presence in Seattle’s Pioneer Square.
Rio SEO was recently cited as “the only leader” in The Forrester Wave™: SEO Platforms, Q4 2012. In April, Rio SEO was launched as a distinct brand and business unit by Covario. One of the leading investors in privately-held Covario is the Seattle-based venture capital firm Voyager Capital.
“Rio SEO has established itself as the leader in SEO technology and services.” Straley said. “We’re delighted to be combining our social advertising and analytics capabilities with Rio SEO’s best-of-breed earned media and search engine optimization platform.”
About RIO SEO
Rio SEO, a new brand launched by Covario, Inc., is a dedicated business unit focused on providing best-of-breed technology solutions for earned and owned digital media programs, specifically for SEO (search engine optimization) and social media marketing. Based in San Diego, it is among the largest independent providers of SaaS-based SEO automation solutions with patented technology. Rio SEO offers application modules for organic search and social media with tools for content marketing, auditing, reporting, competitive analysis, mobile site optimization, SEO execution, and local SEO automation. Rio SEO software clients include brand marketers, retailers, and digital agencies. More information about Rio SEO is available at www.RioSEO.com.
- Pingback from Rio SEO Acquires Meteor Solutions – ADOTAS | SEO Facts
- Pingback from Rio SEO Acquires Meteor Solutions | SEO News & Views
- Pingback from Latest Seo News | Thuso Machaea Blog
- Pingback from Rio SEO Acquires Meteor Solutions | SEO Crazy
- Pingback from News about covario issue #1 | SEO Software News
- Pingback from Rio SEO Acquires Meteor Solutions | SEO Portfolio
- Pingback from Rio SEO Acquires Meteor Solutions – ADOTAS | webkeren
- Pingback from Rio SEO Acquires Meteor Solutions | Helseo
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]