Rio SEO Acquires Meteor Solutions
SEATTLE (November 15, 2012) – Meteor Solutions, provider of a proprietary social audience marketing platform, announced today that it has been acquired by San Diego-based Rio SEO, a leading provider of search engine optimization automation and reporting tools, which was launched earlier this year by Covario, Inc. as a dedicated software brand and business unit.
Co-founded in 2009 by Seattle-based entrepreneur Ben Straley, Meteor Solutions has developed an award-winning Social Audience Marketing Suite that enables brands like Microsoft, AT&T, NBC and other advertisers and publishers to increase social sharing and deliver targeted advertising. The company has won numerous awards including Seattle Business Monthly’s Top Tech Innovator, The Advertising Research Foundation’s David Ogilvy Award, Digiday’s Digital Publishing Award and was named a Techcrunch Disrupt Finalist in 2011.
As a result of the acquisition, the three social media software products that combine to make up the Meteor Social Audience Marketing Suite of products for consumer engagement, advertising and analysis will be integrated into the Rio SEO platform of earned media tools for SEO, social media and content marketing automation.
All of the Meteor employees have received employment offers with Rio SEO. Straley and the company will maintain their office presence in Seattle’s Pioneer Square.
Rio SEO was recently cited as “the only leader” in The Forrester Wave™: SEO Platforms, Q4 2012. In April, Rio SEO was launched as a distinct brand and business unit by Covario. One of the leading investors in privately-held Covario is the Seattle-based venture capital firm Voyager Capital.
“Rio SEO has established itself as the leader in SEO technology and services.” Straley said. “We’re delighted to be combining our social advertising and analytics capabilities with Rio SEO’s best-of-breed earned media and search engine optimization platform.”
About RIO SEO
Rio SEO, a new brand launched by Covario, Inc., is a dedicated business unit focused on providing best-of-breed technology solutions for earned and owned digital media programs, specifically for SEO (search engine optimization) and social media marketing. Based in San Diego, it is among the largest independent providers of SaaS-based SEO automation solutions with patented technology. Rio SEO offers application modules for organic search and social media with tools for content marketing, auditing, reporting, competitive analysis, mobile site optimization, SEO execution, and local SEO automation. Rio SEO software clients include brand marketers, retailers, and digital agencies. More information about Rio SEO is available at www.RioSEO.com.
- Pingback from Rio SEO Acquires Meteor Solutions – ADOTAS | SEO Facts
- Pingback from Rio SEO Acquires Meteor Solutions | SEO News & Views
- Pingback from Latest Seo News | Thuso Machaea Blog
- Pingback from Rio SEO Acquires Meteor Solutions | SEO Crazy
- Pingback from News about covario issue #1 | SEO Software News
- Pingback from Rio SEO Acquires Meteor Solutions | SEO Portfolio
- Pingback from Rio SEO Acquires Meteor Solutions – ADOTAS | webkeren
- Pingback from Rio SEO Acquires Meteor Solutions | Helseo
Leave a Comment
- The Biggest Challenges in Programmatic Advertising
- AI-Based, Self-Optimizing Consumer Marketing: Good for marketers, not for politics
- Native Advertising Gains Momentum
- The App Economy Over Thanksgiving: Should you give thanks or not?
- Goodway Group Forecast: Programmatic Pricing to Rise by 15 to 20 Percent