Rightster Names Dillon as VP of Marketing, Breaks US YouTube Top 10
LONDON (November 20, 2012) – Rightster, the video distribution and monetisation specialist, announced the addition John Dillon (pictured) as Vice President of Marketing.
Dillon will oversee Rightster’s marketing functions and stakeholder communications as the company continues to expand its presence both in the UK and internationally. He joins Rightster from Alcatel Lucent, where he led a global team responsible for marketing the company’s Software and Services portfolio.
Dillon previously served as Chief Marketing Officer at Velocix, a specialist provider of digital Content Delivery Network (CDN) solutions that was later acquired by Alcatel Lucent. He has been featured in Streaming Media Magazine’s 2009 top 10 list of most influential, innovative and important people in the European online video industry. He has also held numerous marketing and technology leadership roles at software and services companies such as SurfControl, webMethods, Volantis, Extricity, Hewlett-Packard and IBM.
The appointment of Dillon follows several key hires across Rightster’s senior team in recent months, including three new hires from ITV – Robin Pembrooke as VP of Product & Solutions, Jonathan Bates as Director of Content and Partnerships and Ben Freeman as Head of Rightster Studios – as well as Donagh O’Malley from Google TV as Global VP Platforms and General Manager of Rightster US.
The rapid expansion of Rightster’s senior team is indicative of the exponential growth the company has experienced, having grown its team three-fold in the past year and now delivering more than 150 million YouTube views per month. Rightster now works with many high profile publishers across news, sport, fashion, entertainment and media including ITN, the Guardian, SNTV, IMG Fashion and British Fashion Council.
Charlie Muirhead, Founder and CEO at Rightster, comments: “Our mission is to simplify the complex business of online video by providing the very best distribution, marketing and monetisation services in the industry. The appointment of a strong senior leadership team including a dedicated VP of Marketing to support our rapid growth underscores how serious we are to make that goal a reality in the shortest possible timeframe. The potential of online video has never been greater, and we are extremely excited to be leading the charge in such a dynamic industry sector.”
Dillon says of joining the business: “Rightster has developed a compelling business model to address the needs of today’s online video market, and has already proved it has the right recipe to succeed through its partnerships with some of the biggest publishers worldwide. The sky is the limit, and I’m really looking forward to working alongside Charlie and the rest of the team to build upon Rightster’s huge success thus far and help guide the company to the next level.”
In other news, Rightster also announced that it has broken into the top ten of the US comScore YouTube rankings for the first time following a record number of online video views delivered in October. Rightster achieved more than 17 million US views, from over 7.5 million total unique viewers, placing it at number nine in the rankings.
Rightster jumped twelve positions from September to October based on comScore’s US YouTube partner report on total video views, with the company delivering a 46 percent spike in number of views in the space of just one month. The Rightster multi-channel network has grown to encompass over 300 channels across various news, sports, fashion, music and entertainment publishers.
Among one of the fastest-growing markets, online video content consumption is at an all-time high and over 86 percent of the U.S. Internet audience viewed online video in the last month alone. In anticipation of further rapid growth, Rightster has bolstered its online audience development team through a series of strategic hires. The new appointments include experts from the BBC, Turner Broadcasting and Future Publishing, growing this keyteam to a total of 14 specialists globally.
“We’re excited to be recognised in the top ten of the comScore rankings and are already building on this success with recent exponential business growth and significant new hires,” said Muirhead. “Rightster’s software system makes the task of distributing, monetising, and promoting video content through YouTube – and other channels – simple and efficient. Publishers can rely on Rightster’s services to attract more viewers and grow their audience online, while using our media sales expertise to improve monetisation and access new revenue streams.”
Rightster works with several high profile content producers across fashion, sport, news and media including SNTV, The Guardian, ITN, IMG Fashion and British Fashion Council. Over 3,500 syndication publishing partners are currently connected to the Rightster network and the company is managing 150 million views per month on YouTube. Rightster currently has over 140 employees across offices in London, New York, and Delhi.
Rightster is a leading cloud-based video distribution and monetisation specialist that enables rights holders and producers, such as ITN and BFC (British Fashion Council) and IMG to gain full control and visibility over their video distribution, maximising their audience reach and revenues across all platforms and publishers from newspapers such as Mail Online to premium blog sites. Rightster’s turnkey services, such as audience development, remove the in-house complexity of managing technology and integration with publishers and platforms. This gives rights holders and producers the quickest and easiest route to market, as well as the flexibility to experiment and innovate with new digital services and revenue models for both live streaming and video on demand.
Leave a Comment
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via Edelman Digital) — Pinterest has always been defined [...] more »
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Landing pages represent the tipping point for affiliate [...] more »
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – More often than not, companies that are not [...] more »
- Combatting Click Fraud: An Ad Network Checklist May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Click fraud remains a nettlesome problem for advertisers, [...] more »
- AFAIK: Quantasy, SDL, MARS Advertising, Concentric, engajer, Burstly May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – Here’s what we herd through the digital grapevine [...] more »
- Blogshare: Twitter Launches Lead Generation Card May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via MediaWhiz) – [Yesterday's] announcement by Twitter of the [...] more »
- Wired to Share: New Research from ShareThis and Digitas Reveals Important Insights into Digital Sharing Behavior of Moms May 22nd 2013 PALO ALTO, CALIF., May 22, 2013 (ADOTAS) – In one [...] more »
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013
- Combatting Click Fraud: An Ad Network Checklist May 23rd 2013
- Blogshare: Twitter Launches Lead Generation Card May 23rd 2013
- Business Analyst - IT Operations
- Client Relationship Manager
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- ISA Computer: This is great for a more catchy ad.
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know | Domain Hacking: [...] Permalink [...]
- JamalK: Thanks for this Richard! I think its really difficult to make a case for how
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] The live video post was the third most read article of the day, followed