Realview Releases Revolutionary New Facebook App for Digital Publications
SYDNEY (Nov. 20, 2012) — The new Facebook Application from Realview allows online publishers to convert Facebook friends into real paying subscribers by capturing reader demographics (including email addresses) for future direct email marketing campaigns.
“Many online publishers have good Facebook followings. For example, one of our online publishers has over 12 million Facebook likes, but only around 4 million subscribers. The Realview Facebook App allows these online publishers to actively court Facebook friends and capture their information including email addresses. In this example, they can effectively reach an additional 8 million warm leads (Facebook Friends) for potential conversion to paying customers,” said Richard Lindley (pictured), CEO Realview Digital.
The Realview Facebook App makes online publications instantly available on all platforms including desktop, laptop, iPad and Android devices making it easy for Facebook readers to read and share issues, articles and pages with friends from any viewer at anytime. This gives online publishers even more opportunity to capture reader demographic information for active marketing purposes in an increasingly mobile environment.
Once a publication is made available to readers through the Realview Digital publishing platform, the publication is also delivered as a Facebook App. The App allows readers to like, comment, click and share the publication, thus capturing the readers’ name, email address, birth date and gender for future marketing purposes. When a reader clicks on a link for share or comment, they are presented with a permissions page for acceptance before reading the publication or article. On acceptance, they receive an email from the publisher offering an opt-in to the publisher’s mailing list. Both steps are necessary for compliance with spam and privacy laws when collecting demographic information for marketing communications. These emails also contain an opt-out option for readers not wishing to receive further emails.
“The Realview Facebook App is revolutionary in its capacity to bridge the great divide between fun and functionality in social media and make Facebook a hugely powerful business marketing tool for online publishers. They can prompt friend communication by posting interesting articles on their Facebook pages which link directly to their Facebook App. This can accelerate the sharing process, encouraging readers to comment on individual pages and stories. In doing so, publishers capture Facebook reader information to potentially turn likes into paying subscribers,” said Lindley.
The Facebook App is being released in two instalments, with the current release intended for non-subscription publications and a follow up version being released early in 2013 for subscription based publications. The second instalment will also contain a timed subscription option which allows a reader to view secure content for a limited time only.
About Realview Digital
Realview Digital is an industry leader in delivering fast, global, multi-platform online publishing solutions. Visit www.realviewdigital.com for more information on the Realview Digital Publishing Platform or contact Realview on (+612) 9299 1788 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Breaking: VivaKi and Mass Relevance Announce Partnership June 17th 2013 AUSTIN, TX, June 17, 2013 (ADOTAS) – VivaKi, a global [...] more »
- Video: Small Business Should Visualize the Use of QR Codes June 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Once upon a time, and not so long [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Cookies Dominate on Desktop June 17th 2013 ADOTAS — In last week’s Voter Booth, we asked our [...] more »
- Facebook Unveils #Hashtag Strategies for Advertisers June 17th 2013 ADOTAS — After months of speculation, Facebook has finally announced [...] more »
- Can Programmatic Buying Save Traditional Media? June 14th 2013 ADOTAS — Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, Pandora, Spotify … these services [...] more »
- WATCH: 7 Days of Creative Inspiration from Cannes Lion June 14th 2013 ADOTAS — Cannes Lions is underway. The International Festival of [...] more »
- VIDEO: Be On Integrates Emotion Measurement Platform Into Branded Video Campaigns June 14th 2013 LONDON, June 14, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Be On, AOL’s global [...] more »
- Video: Small Business Should Visualize the Use of QR Codes June 17th 2013
- Facebook Unveils #Hashtag Strategies for Advertisers June 17th 2013
- Can Programmatic Buying Save Traditional Media? June 14th 2013
- WATCH: 7 Days of Creative Inspiration from Cannes Lion June 14th 2013
- Lost in Translation: Bridging the Chasm Between ‘Search Engine’ and ‘Marketing’ Through Entity Ads June 13th 2013
- Marketing Research Analyst
- Director of Business Valuation - Financial Advisor
- Digital Project Manager
- Director of Business Valuation - Financial Adviso
- Business Solutions - CRM Pre-Sales Architect - Tec
- Amit Goswami: Success of display programmatic IO is built on matured interoperable audience targeting standard. It wont
- Tom: Great infographic! Informative and fun.
- The Pageview Industrial Complex - Marketing Talent Inc - Marketing Talent Inc: [...] eye-tracking advertising test to date has demonstrated that consumers have developed a keen “banner
- clypd discusses challenges with cross-channel attribution | clypd: [...] Conversion Attribution In Cross-Channel Marketing: Giving Credit Where Credit Is Due [...]