Realview Releases Revolutionary New Facebook App for Digital Publications
SYDNEY (Nov. 20, 2012) — The new Facebook Application from Realview allows online publishers to convert Facebook friends into real paying subscribers by capturing reader demographics (including email addresses) for future direct email marketing campaigns.
“Many online publishers have good Facebook followings. For example, one of our online publishers has over 12 million Facebook likes, but only around 4 million subscribers. The Realview Facebook App allows these online publishers to actively court Facebook friends and capture their information including email addresses. In this example, they can effectively reach an additional 8 million warm leads (Facebook Friends) for potential conversion to paying customers,” said Richard Lindley (pictured), CEO Realview Digital.
The Realview Facebook App makes online publications instantly available on all platforms including desktop, laptop, iPad and Android devices making it easy for Facebook readers to read and share issues, articles and pages with friends from any viewer at anytime. This gives online publishers even more opportunity to capture reader demographic information for active marketing purposes in an increasingly mobile environment.
Once a publication is made available to readers through the Realview Digital publishing platform, the publication is also delivered as a Facebook App. The App allows readers to like, comment, click and share the publication, thus capturing the readers’ name, email address, birth date and gender for future marketing purposes. When a reader clicks on a link for share or comment, they are presented with a permissions page for acceptance before reading the publication or article. On acceptance, they receive an email from the publisher offering an opt-in to the publisher’s mailing list. Both steps are necessary for compliance with spam and privacy laws when collecting demographic information for marketing communications. These emails also contain an opt-out option for readers not wishing to receive further emails.
“The Realview Facebook App is revolutionary in its capacity to bridge the great divide between fun and functionality in social media and make Facebook a hugely powerful business marketing tool for online publishers. They can prompt friend communication by posting interesting articles on their Facebook pages which link directly to their Facebook App. This can accelerate the sharing process, encouraging readers to comment on individual pages and stories. In doing so, publishers capture Facebook reader information to potentially turn likes into paying subscribers,” said Lindley.
The Facebook App is being released in two instalments, with the current release intended for non-subscription publications and a follow up version being released early in 2013 for subscription based publications. The second instalment will also contain a timed subscription option which allows a reader to view secure content for a limited time only.
About Realview Digital
Realview Digital is an industry leader in delivering fast, global, multi-platform online publishing solutions. Visit www.realviewdigital.com for more information on the Realview Digital Publishing Platform or contact Realview on (+612) 9299 1788 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013 ADOTAS — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Audience Development Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than