Rakuten LinkShare Network’s Strong Q3 Growth Signals Thriving Affiliate Opportunities for Online Advertisers, Publishers
NEW YORK CITY (November 27, 2012) – Rakuten LinkShare today announced significant growth for its performance marketing network in the third quarter of 2012. The company reported same-store sales in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Japan while also launching services in Australia. The growth of the network reflects the profitable partnerships advertisers and publishers have put in place in anticipation of record-breaking online sales expected this holiday season.
In the United States, overall same-store sales in the Rakuten LinkShare network increased by 36 percent year-over-year (YoY) for the third quarter. That compares to an overall increase for online retail of 15 percent according to comScore.
The company also signed more than 125 leading and emerging brands across a wide range of categories in the third quarter in the US, UK, Canada, and Japan offering publishers in the Rakuten LinkShare network new opportunities to earn commissions.
“We offer consumers entertaining, dynamic shopping experiences and our ability to provide targeted, valuable offers from today’s best brands is key to our success,” said Julian Frachtman, founder of Jutera Labs. “The Rakuten LinkShare network continues to deliver when it comes to finding and establishing long-term profitable partnerships with great advertisers.”
The Rakuten LinkShare network in the UK also delivered strong performance as overall same-store sales in Q3 increased 28 percent year-over-year outpacing overall e-commerce growth. This compares to an overall industry increase of 16 percent in UK retail sales for the quarter according to the Capgemini e-Retail Sales Index.
“The continued, global growth of the Rakuten LinkShare network speaks to how affiliate marketing is aligned with today’s online shopper,” said Yaz Iida (pictured), chief executive officer, Rakuten LinkShare. “The Rakuten LinkShare network is uniquely positioned to help advertisers reach consumers in major markets around the world by creating partnerships with the industry’s most innovative publishers who are driving unprecedented traffic to retailer sites and boosting sales across a wide range of product categories.”
The continued growth reported by Rakuten LinkShare further validates industry research findings on the rise of performance marketing. A June 2012 research report sponsored by the company and conducted by Forrester Consulting forecast the affiliate marketing industry will reach $4.5 billion by 2016.
The Rakuten LinkShare network currently operates in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Japan and Australia with plans to expand further internationally.
About Rakuten LinkShare Corporation
Rakuten LinkShare provides online retailers and other businesses with expert online marketing services and solutions. Rakuten LinkShare’s affiliate marketing network, search marketing services, lead generation campaigns and retargeting solutions can acquire new customers, increase revenue and drive overall results while achieving target return on ad spend. Rakuten LinkShare clients are Fortune 500 and other prominent companies doing business online, including J.C. Penney, 1-800-Flowers.com, American Express and Avon Products. The company was founded in 1996 and is headquartered in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, Chicago, Tampa, London, Tokyo and Sydney. For more information, please visit: www.linkshare.com.
 “Affiliate Marketing – The Direct and Indirect Value that Affiliates Deliver to Advertisers.” Forrester Consulting, June 2012.
- Pingback from Rakuten LinkShare Network’s Strong Q3 Growth Signals Thriving Affiliate … | mytradingempire.com
- Pingback from Rakuten LinkShare Network’s Strong Q3 Growth Signals Thriving Affiliate … | jointventureaffiliatecenter.com
- Pingback from Rakuten LinkShare Network’s Strong Q3 Growth Signals Thriving Affiliate … | Affiliate Turtle
Leave a Comment
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – The first-ever Westchester Digital Summit was held on May [...] more »
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Strong marketing strategies attract attention and build the [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Tremor Video IPO Would Be A Success May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – In this week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – We’ve asked our esteemed panel of industry thought [...] more »
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – Tony Stark aka Iron Man is restless. The [...] more »
- Pandora is First Digital Publisher to Offer e-Business Advertising Integration into Media Buying Platforms May 16th 2013 OAKLAND, CALIF., May 15, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Pandora (NYSE: P), [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Ads That Look at You: How Eye-Tracking Technologies Will Change the Advertising Game May 15th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Backlinks uk: Within search engine optimisation (SEO), one way links reference hyper-links aiming to a distinct Website
- energy-physics: Media.net is a fantastic ad program. But now a days I cant customize their ads.
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? – Adotas | Social Media Strategy Plan: [...] Permalink [...]
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements?: [...] “What will be the impact of the big announcements coming out of this week’s