Nexage Adds Ex-Weather Company Exec McCormack as VP of Publisher Sales, Smith as New CFO
BOSTON (November 28, 2012) - Nexage, the leading mobile advertising exchange, today announced the addition of Patrick McCormack (pictured), former sales executive at The Weather Company and the National Football League (NFL), as vice president of publisher sales. Nexage also announced the addition of Paul Smith as CFO. The new hires enable Nexage to capitalize on the more aggressive revenue strategies of premium publishers and further accelerate the growth of the Nexage Exchange.
McCormack brings extensive experience in growing premium publishers’ revenue. As vice president, mobile sales & strategy of The Weather Company, he was a critical part of the sales leadership team that enabled Weather to capitalize on the rapid growth of mobile consumers and traffic. Before Weather, Patrick was the general manager of mobile for the NFL, helping the NFL capitalize on a fan base that was increasingly accessing content, watching games, checking scores and participating in fantasy football leagues through mobile.
“Premium publishers are more aggressively responding to the shift in consumer behavior to mobile, resulting in a significant revenue opportunity for those publishers that can master mobile advertising,” said McCormack. “Their ability to realize the revenue opportunity hinges on building integrated direct and indirect channels that can simultaneously grow revenue and protect their brand. I was excited when the opportunity arose to join Nexage, a company that is well-positioned to successfully serve the growing aspirations of premium mobile publishers.”
“We are excited to add Pat to our team, as he brings invaluable experience and insights from two market leaders,” said Ernie Cormier, CEO and president of Nexage. “Mobile advertising revenue is becoming a larger part of publisher growth strategies. With Pat on board, publishers can tap into his extensive experience in both building and successfully executing revenue strategies.”
Nexage has also added Smith to the executive team as CFO. Paul served as the CFO for numerous companies including 170 Systems and Datasage. Paul has a proven track record in driving operational excellence for high-growth companies that are expanding their products and growing their customer base. In addition, Paul has important experience in managing transactions that are part of growth strategies.
“Paul allows us to manage the operational and financial challenges of managing rapid growth, with the important byproduct of enabling us to continue to focus on accelerating our customers’ businesses,” said Cormier. “Paul not only helps Nexage run a high-performance business at each stage of growth, he also enables us to capitalize on the various opportunities that are part of high growth markets.”
Nexage is the leading premium mobile advertising exchange, connecting over 300 publishers and developers with over 200 demand sources to create the most efficient, liquid, and vibrant market in mobile advertising today. The intelligent Nexage Exchange delivers the most advanced solutions in the market today, including both private and public exchanges, data enrichment, rich media and video ad units, and a real-time targeting capability that gives buyers powerful campaign ROI results, while enhancing the value of our publishers’ inventory. Our business controls, filters, real-time reporting, and data enrichment capabilities combine to give our customers the visibility, controls, and tools to accelerate their business as they want. Nexage serves customers on a worldwide basis with offices in Boston, New York, and San Francisco. Come visit us at www.nexage.com or follow us on Twitter @Nexage.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013 ADOTAS — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than