MyPod Studios, Bravo Studios to Produce Five Original Online Shows
NEW YORK – MyPod Studios (MPS), a premium online video community launched in September 2011, has begun the production of five original shows in partnership with Bravo Studios, a “green screen” video studio in Chelsea, New York. These shows are part of MyPod Studios’ strategy to create original, episodic video content that will provide information in an entertaining way – in short, easy to watch segments. The new shows will launch by the end of the year, along with 10 new satellite sites dedicated to cooking, health, entertainment and other topics.
More specifically, the shows will include:
- “The Non Cooking, Cooking Show” featuring an expert host (yet to be named), showing audiences in 90-120 second segments how to use various spices, wines, knives, cheeses and other elements when cooking.
- “Top Shelf” featuring expert mixologists showing how to mix a variety of popular (and not so common) drinks.
- “Stretch at Your Desk” featuring fitness expert Phoenix Carnevale instructing audiences on clever, innovative methods for keeping fit and limber while at work.
- “90 Second Savings” introducing a yet to be named financial expert as host, teaching creative methods for budget minded audiences to save money in their daily lives.
At least three other new shows are also being developed, with a rolling, monthly launch schedule of new productions planned throughout 2013.
MPS is also developing multiple satellite sites, with 10 scheduled to go live by the end of 2012. The first of these satellite sites will be focused on cooking, health and entertainment and will merge video and written content for a more complete experience. For example, viewers will see a video of someone cooking a Thanksgiving turkey and will be able to instantly access the recipe.
“MyPod Studios has seen explosive growth over the past year because we understand how to create and deliver premium online video that people can find quickly and actually want to watch,” said Jay Miletsky (pictured), founder and CEO of MyPod Studios. “The decision to team with Bravo Studios and the creation of new multi-dimensional satellite sites are both prime examples of how we’re delivering on what viewers, and also advertisers, need from a video community. They’re also examples of how MPS is growing into a multi-dimensional entity, bringing curated content, original productions and text-based articles together for a more complete user experience.”
Further expanding its footprint, in September 2012 MPS acquired New York-based First Page Networks, a company that focuses on two segments of the real estate industry: geo-targeted home guides and news and lead generation for real estate brokers. This acquisition gives MPS its first entre into geo-targeting. MPS has already taken steps to add video content to some of these sites through an update in technology and a partnership with video production house Howdini.
MyPodStudios.com (MPS), based in New York City, is a new streaming video site that includes over 5,000 videos across eight different content categories. MPS is Partnering with premiere content developers, MPS presents a curated selection of pre-screened, pre-qualified videos so that consumers don’t have to spend time wading through amateur fare. MPS launched in the Fall of 2011 with backing from Black Ocean Video. For more information visit: www.mypodstudios.com.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting
- Covario Names Jeff MacGurn Senior Vice President
- Kitara Media Appoints Chris Magdelinskas as Chief Technology Officer
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development March 11th 2014 NEW YORK, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Intent Media, an [...] more »
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer March 11th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Ampush, a leading [...] more »
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting March 11th 2014 ADOTAS – You may already know that Facebook Exchange (FBX) [...] more »
- Covario Names Jeff MacGurn Senior Vice President March 11th 2014 SAN DIEGO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) -– Covario, a leading independent [...] more »
- Kitara Media Appoints Chris Magdelinskas as Chief Technology Officer March 11th 2014 JERSEY CITY, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Kitara Media Corp. [...] more »
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media March 10th 2014 KANSAS CITY, Mo. and LOS ANGELES, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom March 10th 2014 ADOTAS – This past Friday, Advertising Age reported that Omnicom [...] more »
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Fans Among Farmers, Filmmakers#Selfie Music Video Dominates With Help From Social Media InfluencersAdknowledge Acquires
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Tech Companies Must Improve EncryptionThe (Important) SXSW Panels You Missed, Explained by CartoonsToday’s Burning
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]