Monetate’s Q3 Quarterly Report: Mobile Accounts for Nearly 20 Percent of E-Commerce
CONSHOHOCKEN, PA – Monetate, an online testing, targeting, and personalization provider, released its Ecommerce Quarterly report for Q3 today. With the holiday shopping period in full swing, the report provides a global snapshot of the online retail market and consumer spending habits. New data includes a completely unique state by state breakdown of total online spending habits that ranks the states according to average order values, conversion rates, mobile device usage and more. Findings also reinforce the continued growth of smartphone and tablet shopping, with mobile devices capturing nearly 20 percent of overall online shopping in Q3 2011.
Here are some additional highlights:
- Maryland has the highest percentage of online traffic from smartphones and tablets (21.18 percent) while Iowa has the lowest (11.01 percent).
- Total shopping sessions in one year from tablets has increased 161 percent, while traffic from smartphones has increased an equally impressive 119 percent.
- Traffic from Wyoming, which is responsible for the least amount of U.S. e-commerce traffic (.15 percent), converts the highest rate (5.02 percent). California, which drives the most amount of traffic (13.47 percent), converts at only 2.89 percent.
- In Q3, international customers spent 38.43 percent more than shoppers from the U.S., despite recording lower conversion rates (0.96 percent internationally versus 3.33 percent in the U.S.) and higher cart abandonment (86.15 percent international vs 64.18 percent in the US).
For a copy of the full report, click here.
A couple of years ago PWC had estimated that mobile Internet use will surpass desktop use within the next five years. On the downside however, more than 60% of businesses haven’t got around to optimising their websites for seamless access over mobiles and tablets.
- Pingback from Tablet Use for Online Shopping Growing in Popularity | SiteProNews: Webmaster News & Resources
Leave a Comment
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers December 12th 2013 ADOTAS – Adobe just announced results for its fiscal year that [...] more »
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing December 12th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Marketo , provider [...] more »
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands December 12th 2013 SALT LAKE CITY, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Online marketers [...] more »
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel December 12th 2013 LONDON, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Audience insights company VisualDNA [...] more »
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding December 12th 2013 FORT WORTH, TX., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Simpli.fi, an [...] more »
- MyCityWay Partners with USA TODAY to Launch Vegas-Themed App December 12th 2013 NEW YORK and MCLEAN, VA., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – [...] more »
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison December 11th 2013 ADOTAS – Lest we forget, Google is an advertising company [...] more »
- Infographic: B2B Content Tug of War December 12th 2013
- 5 Mobile Strategies to Make Marketers Merry During the Holidays … and Beyond December 12th 2013
- Gone In 10 Seconds: How the Pioneers of Snapchat Marketing Use the App to Build Their Brand December 12th 2013
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Stephen: Your new autoplay video commercials are REALLY annoying. It means I cannot leave your story
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial