Monetate’s Q3 Quarterly Report: Mobile Accounts for Nearly 20 Percent of E-Commerce
CONSHOHOCKEN, PA – Monetate, an online testing, targeting, and personalization provider, released its Ecommerce Quarterly report for Q3 today. With the holiday shopping period in full swing, the report provides a global snapshot of the online retail market and consumer spending habits. New data includes a completely unique state by state breakdown of total online spending habits that ranks the states according to average order values, conversion rates, mobile device usage and more. Findings also reinforce the continued growth of smartphone and tablet shopping, with mobile devices capturing nearly 20 percent of overall online shopping in Q3 2011.
Here are some additional highlights:
- Maryland has the highest percentage of online traffic from smartphones and tablets (21.18 percent) while Iowa has the lowest (11.01 percent).
- Total shopping sessions in one year from tablets has increased 161 percent, while traffic from smartphones has increased an equally impressive 119 percent.
- Traffic from Wyoming, which is responsible for the least amount of U.S. e-commerce traffic (.15 percent), converts the highest rate (5.02 percent). California, which drives the most amount of traffic (13.47 percent), converts at only 2.89 percent.
- In Q3, international customers spent 38.43 percent more than shoppers from the U.S., despite recording lower conversion rates (0.96 percent internationally versus 3.33 percent in the U.S.) and higher cart abandonment (86.15 percent international vs 64.18 percent in the US).
For a copy of the full report, click here.
A couple of years ago PWC had estimated that mobile Internet use will surpass desktop use within the next five years. On the downside however, more than 60% of businesses haven’t got around to optimising their websites for seamless access over mobiles and tablets.
- Pingback from Tablet Use for Online Shopping Growing in Popularity | SiteProNews: Webmaster News & Resources
Leave a Comment
- Mobile Apps–The NextGen of Media Companies
- Ad Tech’s Next Steps: 7 Intriguing Predictions for 2017
- Winterberry Group: “The State of Consumer Data Onboarding: Identity Resolution in an Omnichannel Environment”
- Restoring the Balance: How Programmatic Levels the Playing Field–An Ooyala Report
- IV.AI Partners with VentureFuel to Bring AI to Brands