Monetate’s Q3 Quarterly Report: Mobile Accounts for Nearly 20 Percent of E-Commerce
CONSHOHOCKEN, PA – Monetate, an online testing, targeting, and personalization provider, released its Ecommerce Quarterly report for Q3 today. With the holiday shopping period in full swing, the report provides a global snapshot of the online retail market and consumer spending habits. New data includes a completely unique state by state breakdown of total online spending habits that ranks the states according to average order values, conversion rates, mobile device usage and more. Findings also reinforce the continued growth of smartphone and tablet shopping, with mobile devices capturing nearly 20 percent of overall online shopping in Q3 2011.
Here are some additional highlights:
- Maryland has the highest percentage of online traffic from smartphones and tablets (21.18 percent) while Iowa has the lowest (11.01 percent).
- Total shopping sessions in one year from tablets has increased 161 percent, while traffic from smartphones has increased an equally impressive 119 percent.
- Traffic from Wyoming, which is responsible for the least amount of U.S. e-commerce traffic (.15 percent), converts the highest rate (5.02 percent). California, which drives the most amount of traffic (13.47 percent), converts at only 2.89 percent.
- In Q3, international customers spent 38.43 percent more than shoppers from the U.S., despite recording lower conversion rates (0.96 percent internationally versus 3.33 percent in the U.S.) and higher cart abandonment (86.15 percent international vs 64.18 percent in the US).
For a copy of the full report, click here.
A couple of years ago PWC had estimated that mobile Internet use will surpass desktop use within the next five years. On the downside however, more than 60% of businesses haven’t got around to optimising their websites for seamless access over mobiles and tablets.
- Pingback from Tablet Use for Online Shopping Growing in Popularity | SiteProNews: Webmaster News & Resources
Leave a Comment
Monetate’s Q3 Quarterly Report: Mobile Accounts for Nearly 20 Percent of E-CommerceCONSHOHOCKEN, PA – Monetate, an online testing, targeting, and personalization provider, released its Ecommerce Quarterly report for Q3 today. With the holiday [...] more...
- From the Twitterverse: Gamers Hate On Xbox One May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – Microsoft has unveiled Xbox One, its next-generation entertainment [...] more »
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – For brand managers and marketers, the Internet has [...] more »
- Blogshare: Why Tumblr Will Make Yahoo Billions May 21st 2013 ADOTAS (via WordStream) — Here’s why I think Yahoo is [...] more »
- Study: Xbox Reveal Sparks More Social Buzz than Galaxy S4 and Facebook ‘Phone’ Combined May 21st 2013 ADOTAS — The new Xbox gaming console, which will be [...] more »
- Video: Xbox Reveal, 5/21/13 May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – Microsoft unveiled its next-generation Xbox today at a [...] more »
- Live Twitter Feed from Internet Week New York May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – This year’s Internet Week New York (#IWNY) will [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’ve solicited comments from industry leaders in [...] more »
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013
- Blogshare: Why Tumblr Will Make Yahoo Billions May 21st 2013
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Study: Xbox Reveal Sparks More Social Buzz than Galaxy S4 and Facebook ‘Phone’ Combined: [...] — The new Xbox gaming console, which will be unveiled today, has produced 66,000
- Ben Straley responds to Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? - Rio SEO Blog: [...] Original article posted here [...]
- New Solution to OpenX OnRamp Shutdown | Adcolt: [...] http://www.adotas.com/2013/02/update-malware-attack-permanently-shuts-down-openx-onramp/ Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading... This entry was posted in Uncategorized
- Pinterest Roundup — May 2013 | Technology for Publishing LLC: [...] Early Pinterest Analytics Show Brand Potential [...]