Monetate’s Q3 Quarterly Report: Mobile Accounts for Nearly 20 Percent of E-Commerce
CONSHOHOCKEN, PA – Monetate, an online testing, targeting, and personalization provider, released its Ecommerce Quarterly report for Q3 today. With the holiday shopping period in full swing, the report provides a global snapshot of the online retail market and consumer spending habits. New data includes a completely unique state by state breakdown of total online spending habits that ranks the states according to average order values, conversion rates, mobile device usage and more. Findings also reinforce the continued growth of smartphone and tablet shopping, with mobile devices capturing nearly 20 percent of overall online shopping in Q3 2011.
Here are some additional highlights:
- Maryland has the highest percentage of online traffic from smartphones and tablets (21.18 percent) while Iowa has the lowest (11.01 percent).
- Total shopping sessions in one year from tablets has increased 161 percent, while traffic from smartphones has increased an equally impressive 119 percent.
- Traffic from Wyoming, which is responsible for the least amount of U.S. e-commerce traffic (.15 percent), converts the highest rate (5.02 percent). California, which drives the most amount of traffic (13.47 percent), converts at only 2.89 percent.
- In Q3, international customers spent 38.43 percent more than shoppers from the U.S., despite recording lower conversion rates (0.96 percent internationally versus 3.33 percent in the U.S.) and higher cart abandonment (86.15 percent international vs 64.18 percent in the US).
For a copy of the full report, click here.
A couple of years ago PWC had estimated that mobile Internet use will surpass desktop use within the next five years. On the downside however, more than 60% of businesses haven’t got around to optimising their websites for seamless access over mobiles and tablets.
- Pingback from Tablet Use for Online Shopping Growing in Popularity | SiteProNews: Webmaster News & Resources
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]