Mixpo, MaxPoint and Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Team Up to Promote Health Care With Video Advertising
SEATTLE (November 12, 2012) — Mixpo, a multi-screen video advertising technology provider, together with the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) and MaxPoint Interactive are pleased to announce the results from their recently launched multi-media campaign to raise awareness of SCCA’s world renowned therapies, superior survivor rates and dedication to eradicating cancer forever. The campaign, which celebrates a decade of turning cancer patients into cancer survivors, ran across channels including radio, television, online and out-of-home. Seattle Cancer Care Alliance is a world-class cancer treatment center that unites doctors from Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, UW Medicine and Seattle Children’s. The results included increased awareness, improved favorability and intent to recommend SCCA to a friend or family member within the Puget Sound region.
Mixpo partnered with SCCA and MaxPoint Interactive to turn 30-second TV spots into interactive online video ads to gather viewers around a difficult subject. Since compelling television ads had already been created, extending into online video was a natural choice for SCCA, rounding out the entire campaign. Mixpo’s technology platform made it easy to repurpose existing video assets for cross-screen use. The video ads captured viewers’ attention with a relatable narrative, a highlight of the campaign. The multiple in-stream video ads created allowed viewers to navigate through and learn more about SCCA’s survival rates, watch videos of individual patient survivor stories, connect with SCCA on social networks such as Twitter, Facebook and YouTube and participate in surveys. Unlike the lean-back approach TV provides, the interactive video ads allowed viewers to become actively involved with the unit and dive deeper into SCCA content.
According to the latest Nielsen Cross-Platform Report, in addition to watching 34-plus hours of TV per week, the average American spends nearly five hours online on the computer. More than half of Americans now watch video online, with online viewing increasing average weekly video consumption to roughly 35 hours, a tremendous opportunity for brands looking to implement cross-screen video advertising strategies.
Throughout the promotion, SCCA saw a 57 percent lift in brand awareness from viewers who were exposed to video ads. In addition, a 25 perent rise in intent to recommend the SCCA, and a 59 percent increase in favorability of the company were revealed. Interactive video increases consumer awareness & engagement. In this case, it drove 28 times the interaction compared to an average static banner (a 28.49 percent interaction rate vs. .1 percent CTR for static banner ads)*. Exposure to Mixpo’s video ads was tracked, and surveys were issued to those known to have viewed the ads and those who hadn’t. Leveraging MaxPoint’s targeting they were also able to hone in on their audience, whereas the other mediums hit a broader range of Puget Sound residents. The difference in responses between the two groups measured the positive lift driven. The SCCA pre-roll video ad campaign drove positive and substantial lift results across all metrics being measured.
“TV works, cross-platform works better. In the case of SCCA they already had OOH, TV, radio, print, display ads, etc., but by adding interactive pre-roll ads into the mix, we had the opportunity to increase viewership and brand awareness,” said Mixpo CEO Anupam Gupta (pictured). “SCCA already had powerful TV spots, so it was easy for us to extend the campaign online and make it interactive without complexities traditionally associated with rich media executions. For such an important campaign, we were thrilled to partner with the SCCA.”
To learn more and view the SCCA video ads, please visit: Mixpo.com, or http://dynamicvideoad.mixpo.com/gallery/view_ad/scca/
* Source: 2009 Year-In-Review Benchmarks, DoubleClick, June 2010: Average click-through rate = 0.1%
About Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) is a cancer treatment center that unites doctors from Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, UW Medicine and Seattle Children’s. Our goal, every day, is to turn cancer patients into cancer survivors. Our purpose is to lead the world in the prevention and treatment of cancer. SCCA has three clinical care sites: an outpatient clinic on the Hutchinson Center campus, a pediatric inpatient unit at Seattle Children’s and an adult inpatient unit at UW Medical Center. For more information about SCCA, visit www.seattlecca.org.
About MaxPoint Interactive
MaxPoint Interactive’s retail advertising platform drives in-store traffic for retailers and brands. The company’s Digital Zip® technology delivers the most effective and scalable neighborhood-level online campaigns. MaxPoint can pinpoint qualified customers interested in purchasing a product with more precision than using traditional zip codes, ultimately offering accurate neighborhood-level targeting with national reach and local results. Founded in 2007, MaxPoint has offices in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Bentonville, Austin and Raleigh-Durham. For more information visit: www.MaxPointinteractive.com, follow us on Twitter @MaxPoint_int and subscribe to the OnPoint blog.
Mixpo provides Media Companies, Brand Advertisers and Agencies with an online, self-service platform that enables the creation of interactive, multi-screen video ads at scale. Media Companies use Mixpo’s platform to seamlessly extend TV campaigns across all of their digital properties — websites, mobile sites and apps. Advertisers and Agencies use the platform to generate immersive, brand-rich video ads with unprecedented speed and ease. Mixpo’s platform delivers the broadest and deepest array of video ad campaign reports available so Media Companies, Brand Advertisers and Agencies can readily plan and act on campaigns with informed confidence. Mixpo, Inc. was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in Seattle, with offices in New York, Boston and Victoria BC. To learn more, visit http://www.mixpo.com or follow Mixpo on Twitter.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]