Mixpo, MaxPoint and Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Team Up to Promote Health Care With Video Advertising
SEATTLE (November 12, 2012) — Mixpo, a multi-screen video advertising technology provider, together with the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) and MaxPoint Interactive are pleased to announce the results from their recently launched multi-media campaign to raise awareness of SCCA’s world renowned therapies, superior survivor rates and dedication to eradicating cancer forever. The campaign, which celebrates a decade of turning cancer patients into cancer survivors, ran across channels including radio, television, online and out-of-home. Seattle Cancer Care Alliance is a world-class cancer treatment center that unites doctors from Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, UW Medicine and Seattle Children’s. The results included increased awareness, improved favorability and intent to recommend SCCA to a friend or family member within the Puget Sound region.
Mixpo partnered with SCCA and MaxPoint Interactive to turn 30-second TV spots into interactive online video ads to gather viewers around a difficult subject. Since compelling television ads had already been created, extending into online video was a natural choice for SCCA, rounding out the entire campaign. Mixpo’s technology platform made it easy to repurpose existing video assets for cross-screen use. The video ads captured viewers’ attention with a relatable narrative, a highlight of the campaign. The multiple in-stream video ads created allowed viewers to navigate through and learn more about SCCA’s survival rates, watch videos of individual patient survivor stories, connect with SCCA on social networks such as Twitter, Facebook and YouTube and participate in surveys. Unlike the lean-back approach TV provides, the interactive video ads allowed viewers to become actively involved with the unit and dive deeper into SCCA content.
According to the latest Nielsen Cross-Platform Report, in addition to watching 34-plus hours of TV per week, the average American spends nearly five hours online on the computer. More than half of Americans now watch video online, with online viewing increasing average weekly video consumption to roughly 35 hours, a tremendous opportunity for brands looking to implement cross-screen video advertising strategies.
Throughout the promotion, SCCA saw a 57 percent lift in brand awareness from viewers who were exposed to video ads. In addition, a 25 perent rise in intent to recommend the SCCA, and a 59 percent increase in favorability of the company were revealed. Interactive video increases consumer awareness & engagement. In this case, it drove 28 times the interaction compared to an average static banner (a 28.49 percent interaction rate vs. .1 percent CTR for static banner ads)*. Exposure to Mixpo’s video ads was tracked, and surveys were issued to those known to have viewed the ads and those who hadn’t. Leveraging MaxPoint’s targeting they were also able to hone in on their audience, whereas the other mediums hit a broader range of Puget Sound residents. The difference in responses between the two groups measured the positive lift driven. The SCCA pre-roll video ad campaign drove positive and substantial lift results across all metrics being measured.
“TV works, cross-platform works better. In the case of SCCA they already had OOH, TV, radio, print, display ads, etc., but by adding interactive pre-roll ads into the mix, we had the opportunity to increase viewership and brand awareness,” said Mixpo CEO Anupam Gupta (pictured). “SCCA already had powerful TV spots, so it was easy for us to extend the campaign online and make it interactive without complexities traditionally associated with rich media executions. For such an important campaign, we were thrilled to partner with the SCCA.”
To learn more and view the SCCA video ads, please visit: Mixpo.com, or http://dynamicvideoad.mixpo.com/gallery/view_ad/scca/
* Source: 2009 Year-In-Review Benchmarks, DoubleClick, June 2010: Average click-through rate = 0.1%
About Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) is a cancer treatment center that unites doctors from Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, UW Medicine and Seattle Children’s. Our goal, every day, is to turn cancer patients into cancer survivors. Our purpose is to lead the world in the prevention and treatment of cancer. SCCA has three clinical care sites: an outpatient clinic on the Hutchinson Center campus, a pediatric inpatient unit at Seattle Children’s and an adult inpatient unit at UW Medical Center. For more information about SCCA, visit www.seattlecca.org.
About MaxPoint Interactive
MaxPoint Interactive’s retail advertising platform drives in-store traffic for retailers and brands. The company’s Digital Zip® technology delivers the most effective and scalable neighborhood-level online campaigns. MaxPoint can pinpoint qualified customers interested in purchasing a product with more precision than using traditional zip codes, ultimately offering accurate neighborhood-level targeting with national reach and local results. Founded in 2007, MaxPoint has offices in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Bentonville, Austin and Raleigh-Durham. For more information visit: www.MaxPointinteractive.com, follow us on Twitter @MaxPoint_int and subscribe to the OnPoint blog.
Mixpo provides Media Companies, Brand Advertisers and Agencies with an online, self-service platform that enables the creation of interactive, multi-screen video ads at scale. Media Companies use Mixpo’s platform to seamlessly extend TV campaigns across all of their digital properties — websites, mobile sites and apps. Advertisers and Agencies use the platform to generate immersive, brand-rich video ads with unprecedented speed and ease. Mixpo’s platform delivers the broadest and deepest array of video ad campaign reports available so Media Companies, Brand Advertisers and Agencies can readily plan and act on campaigns with informed confidence. Mixpo, Inc. was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in Seattle, with offices in New York, Boston and Victoria BC. To learn more, visit http://www.mixpo.com or follow Mixpo on Twitter.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding
- MyCityWay Partners with USA TODAY to Launch Vegas-Themed App
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison
- Rubicon Project Strengthens Senior Leadership Team With Strategic New Hires
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel December 12th 2013 LONDON, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Audience insights company VisualDNA [...] more »
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding December 12th 2013 FORT WORTH, TX., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Simpli.fi, an [...] more »
- MyCityWay Partners with USA TODAY to Launch Vegas-Themed App December 12th 2013 NEW YORK and MCLEAN, VA., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – [...] more »
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison December 11th 2013 ADOTAS – Lest we forget, Google is an advertising company [...] more »
- Rubicon Project Strengthens Senior Leadership Team With Strategic New Hires December 11th 2013 LOS ANGELES, December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Rubicon Project (www.rubiconproject.com), [...] more »
- UPDATED: Is Ex-PayPal SVP The Person Leaving Ginormous ‘Tips for Jesus’? December 11th 2013 ADOTAS — A New York waiter claims that Jack Selby, [...] more »
- Integrate and Silicon Valley Bank Ink $12.5 Million in Secured Financing December 11th 2013 SCOTTSDALE, AZ, December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Integrate, the first [...] more »
- Gone In 10 Seconds: How the Pioneers of Snapchat Marketing Use the App to Build Their Brand December 12th 2013
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Sharpen Your Marketing Strategy with Accountable Media December 10th 2013
- Female Game Players are Stealing TV Advertising Budgets December 10th 2013
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial
- CimatronE 11 Provides Italian Manufacturer With Major Gun Drilling Efficiencies | contractor-software.us: [...] SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet Click fraud, pixel-jacking and