King.com Advances Social Games Advertising to the Next Level with Innovative Suite of Ad Solutions
SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON (November 15, 2012) – King.com, a leading casual social games company, today announced that its advertising revenue from its social games has increased tenfold in 2012 and that its top advertising solutions, such as incentivized video, have averaged a click-through rate of more than 5 percent.
Leveraging the rapid rise of the company in the last year to become the second largest games developer on Facebook – with over 12 million daily active players – King.com’s growth in advertising revenue has been driven by its ability to craft solutions that are less intrusive and enhance player experience, leading to higher-than-industry-average user engagement and positive brand perception.
On the strength of such hit casual social games as Bubble Witch Saga and Candy Crush Saga, King.com has established itself as a gaming destination of choice for women aged 25-55 – a key demographic for advertisers who recognize these players are often the household decision-makers. King.com is seeing the results, having successfully run campaigns over the last few months for major brands such as T-Mobile, Samsung, Procter & Gamble, Macy’s and Nestle, with more coming on board on a daily basis. King.com’s overall advertising revenue now accounts for nearly 15 percent of the company’s total revenues.
“We have continued to appeal to our highly dedicated female user base in large part because they turn to King.com games for fun, relaxation and to indulge in a bit of ‘me’ time,” said Mark Charkin (pictured), EVP of Business Development and Advertising for King.com. “But that success is rooted in the seamless way the ads are worked into a game, building on more than 3 billion game plays per month.”
Advertising solutions such as King.com’s incentivized video ad unit, where a user opts into watching a 15-30-second video ad in exchange for an additional life in the game, averages a click-through rate of more than 5 percent and a video completion rate of 85 percent. Other advertising opportunities such as King.com’s “Brand as a Friend” solution allows advertisers to include themselves as an in-game “friend” to players, helping users unlock new content to advance in the game. Not only does this significantly enhance the player’s gameplay experience, but it firmly drives positive brand sentiment for the advertiser (see before and after pictures, below).
In response to the growing advertiser demand for the company’s ad solutions, King.com has named Charity Sabater as its Senior Director of Ad Sales. With a focus on brand sales solutions in the U.S., Sabater is leading King.com’s East Coast expansion and will operate out of New York City. Sabater, a seasoned ad professional, has extensive experience in driving creative ad solutions across all media platforms and verticals including TV, web, mobile, games and second-screen interactivity. Prior to joining King.com, Sabater was the VP of East Coast sales for Gaia Online and the national digital sales manager for Telemundo, an NBC Universal network property.
King.com is a worldwide leader in casual social games with over 40 million monthly players and more than 3 billion games played per month globally. King.com offers over 150 exclusive games in 12 languages through its premier destination, King.com (www.king.com), mobile devices, Google+, and Facebook, where it is a top 10 Facebook developer. The company is the exclusive provider of online games for leading global portals, websites and media companies. King.com has offices in London, Stockholm, Barcelona, Bucharest, Hamburg, Malta, San Francisco and New York City. For more information, please visit http://about.king.com.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013 ADOTAS — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Audience Development Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than