Infographic: The Cost of Reaching Holiday, Automotive and Travel Audiences
Powered by the CRUNCH Audience Cost Index, the Audience Cost Calendar is a monthly aggregation of impressions traded on digital ad exchanges. The calendar provides marketers with a snapshot of how online audience segment costs are trending based on seasonality. This month’s calendar explores holiday shopping related segments, among others, helping marketers to target their ideal audience during the most competitive shopping season.
Each month ChoiceStream looks at the previous month’s data and highlights the high-demand audience segments relevant to that time of year. The November Audience Cost Calendar is calculated using October data. The numbers represented in the Audience Cost Calendar represent the relative media costs of reaching people in a specific audience. A relative cost indexing above 100 represents a segment trading at an above average cost, while those below 100 are selling for less than the average cost.
“Segment buying seems to be growing more unified,” said Bill Guild, Vice President, Product Management and Marketing. “As all advertisers compete for similar intents during the holiday shopping season, some segments are becoming considerably more expensive while others are dropping in relative cost. This is an opportunity for companies to focus on undiscovered audiences who would be receptive to their respective ads.”
Key findings from the November Audience Cost Calendar focus on topical audience segments, particularly on how the automotive, holiday and vacation travel, and holiday shopping segments trended in October.
October: Automotive related segments
Audiences interested in hybrid and sport cars were in relatively high demand during the month of October, possibly due to high gas prices, while shoppers for SUVs, Minivans, and Crossovers were less costly.
November: Holiday and Vacation Travel related segments
The index shows that consumers got an early start on travel planning as reflected in the overall growth of segment demand from advertisers. Also, vacation packages were sought after, indicating that consumers are already booking trips to their favorite winter and spring vacation destinations.
December: Holiday Shopping related segments
No longer is gift giving season limited to the weeks between Thanksgiving and the Christmas holiday as indicated by the gift giving holidays segment, which jumped in October. Advertiser perception of consumer confidence seems to be positive as pointed out by credit & credit cards segments, which jumped up the chart in October.
Click repeatedly on the infographic for the full-size version.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day
- Adobe: Digital Magazine Circulation, Engagement are On the Rise
- New Adchemy Software Puts Multiplier Effect On Keyword Search Campaign Revenue
- Exclusive: American Laser Skincare Taps Matomy as Agency of Record
- Unicorn Media’s Dynamic Ad Insertion Technology Enables Video Monetization on Twitter
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Marketers all have different opinions about how much [...] more »
- Adobe: Digital Magazine Circulation, Engagement are On the Rise December 10th 2013 ADOTAS — Today, Adobe released data showing significant circulation growth [...] more »
- New Adchemy Software Puts Multiplier Effect On Keyword Search Campaign Revenue December 10th 2013 SEARCH INSIDER SUMMIT, PARK CITY, Utah, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- Exclusive: American Laser Skincare Taps Matomy as Agency of Record December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Today, American Laser Skincare, a large provider of laser [...] more »
- Unicorn Media’s Dynamic Ad Insertion Technology Enables Video Monetization on Twitter December 10th 2013 TEMPE, AZ, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Unicorn Media, the [...] more »
- Simulmedia Closes $25 Million D Round December 10th 2013 NEW YORK, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Simulmedia, a targeted [...] more »
- Fiverr® Launches iPhone App: Puts 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand December 10th 2013 NEW YORK, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Fiverr®, the world’s [...] more »
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Sharpen Your Marketing Strategy with Accountable Media December 10th 2013
- Female Game Players are Stealing TV Advertising Budgets December 10th 2013
- Media Consolidation Is Revolutionizing Marketing December 9th 2013
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- IOne LocalZimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves » IOne Local: [...] Castle. “They don’t just tackle our marketing problems; they help us continually improve ourbusiness. Zimmerman brought
- Sean Eisner: Ho Hum--hundreds of supposed review verification marks out there already, including UK-based "TrustMark" which sounds
- Exclusive: American Laser Skincare Taps Matomy as Agency of Record | MineralSpas.org: [...] Permalink [...]
- Michael Durwin: Another title for this article might be Advertisers Are Finding Better Engagements of Female Through