Infographic: The Cost of Reaching Holiday, Automotive and Travel Audiences
Powered by the CRUNCH Audience Cost Index, the Audience Cost Calendar is a monthly aggregation of impressions traded on digital ad exchanges. The calendar provides marketers with a snapshot of how online audience segment costs are trending based on seasonality. This month’s calendar explores holiday shopping related segments, among others, helping marketers to target their ideal audience during the most competitive shopping season.
Each month ChoiceStream looks at the previous month’s data and highlights the high-demand audience segments relevant to that time of year. The November Audience Cost Calendar is calculated using October data. The numbers represented in the Audience Cost Calendar represent the relative media costs of reaching people in a specific audience. A relative cost indexing above 100 represents a segment trading at an above average cost, while those below 100 are selling for less than the average cost.
“Segment buying seems to be growing more unified,” said Bill Guild, Vice President, Product Management and Marketing. “As all advertisers compete for similar intents during the holiday shopping season, some segments are becoming considerably more expensive while others are dropping in relative cost. This is an opportunity for companies to focus on undiscovered audiences who would be receptive to their respective ads.”
Key findings from the November Audience Cost Calendar focus on topical audience segments, particularly on how the automotive, holiday and vacation travel, and holiday shopping segments trended in October.
October: Automotive related segments
Audiences interested in hybrid and sport cars were in relatively high demand during the month of October, possibly due to high gas prices, while shoppers for SUVs, Minivans, and Crossovers were less costly.
November: Holiday and Vacation Travel related segments
The index shows that consumers got an early start on travel planning as reflected in the overall growth of segment demand from advertisers. Also, vacation packages were sought after, indicating that consumers are already booking trips to their favorite winter and spring vacation destinations.
December: Holiday Shopping related segments
No longer is gift giving season limited to the weeks between Thanksgiving and the Christmas holiday as indicated by the gift giving holidays segment, which jumped in October. Advertiser perception of consumer confidence seems to be positive as pointed out by credit & credit cards segments, which jumped up the chart in October.
Click repeatedly on the infographic for the full-size version.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]