Industry Experts Predict the Top 5 Digital Marketing Trends for 2013
With the new year right around the corner, digital marketers are looking forward to another year of continued growth in the digital marketing industry. So what can we expect in the new year? Tag management will continue to play a pivotal role with these trends, leading the way in more effectively and efficiently managing the tags that drive the analytic insights. Below are a few predictions from industry experts on what’s coming up in 2013, courtesy of Tealium.
1. Mobile Tag Management
“Mobile is the next frontier, and it’s here to stay. The rise in m-commerce and mobile usage has increased the business demand for mobile site and app analytics data. Mobile specific tag management systems by enterprise vendors like Tealium will allow brands to accelerate mobile marketing velocity by increasing app speeds, offering broader tagging capabilities and eliminating recertification cycles.” – Ali Behnam, CEO of Tealium.
2. Convergence Analytics
“2013 will be the year convergence analytics comes of age. Big Data, cloud computing and dashboarding are going to merge into an array of offerings that answer the marketers’ need for a single view of multi-channel touchpoints. With convergence analytics tools, marketers will be able to correlate trends from disparate data sources in a way never possible before.” – Andrew Edwards, Founder, Technology Leaders.
3. Useable Insights
“Now that we’re over the shock of Big Data, more companies will be deriving insight value by correlating disparate data sets to better serve their customers. This is especially important as customers’ expectations continue to escalate and the competition offers more relevant services to complement their products.” – Jim Sterne, Founder, eMetrics Summit.
“The content and ads we encounter are increasingly customized to improve relevance, leveraging the many breadcrumbs we leave in our trail. Indeed, we may soon live in our own relevance bubbles, derived from our personal and social behavior patterns. Marketers will know not just our browsing history and behavior, but also that of our friends. All this personalization will certainly continue to change the delicate dance between marketers and consumers.” – Pelin Thorogood, CMO, Anametrix.
5. Social Commerce
“People have more access, more information and more insights than ever before through digital and social platforms, driving behavior and purchasing decisions. Understanding and capitalizing on the influence of social on commerce is the next big wave in shopper behavior.” – Warren Raisch, Executive Vice President, Digitaria.
- Pingback from Industry Experts Predict the Top 5 Digital Marketing Trends for 2013 – ADOTAS | MobileNewsInsider.com
The new trends in Digital marketing are going to take its reach one step further. Mobile tag management and social commerce are definitely going to be defining factors.
Very interesting! Digital marketing is such an exciting and changing field, before we know it we’ll be past these trends and looking even farther ahead. Mobile marketing is definitely going to continue to expand!
- Pingback from Can Your Demo Play Across Every Medium? — Autodemo Blog
Very nice article indeed!, but there is lot more to come in 2013. Rapid change in digital marketing has changed the world and it would go on and on. My thoughts
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]