Industry Experts Predict the Top 5 Digital Marketing Trends for 2013
With the new year right around the corner, digital marketers are looking forward to another year of continued growth in the digital marketing industry. So what can we expect in the new year? Tag management will continue to play a pivotal role with these trends, leading the way in more effectively and efficiently managing the tags that drive the analytic insights. Below are a few predictions from industry experts on what’s coming up in 2013, courtesy of Tealium.
1. Mobile Tag Management
“Mobile is the next frontier, and it’s here to stay. The rise in m-commerce and mobile usage has increased the business demand for mobile site and app analytics data. Mobile specific tag management systems by enterprise vendors like Tealium will allow brands to accelerate mobile marketing velocity by increasing app speeds, offering broader tagging capabilities and eliminating recertification cycles.” – Ali Behnam, CEO of Tealium.
2. Convergence Analytics
“2013 will be the year convergence analytics comes of age. Big Data, cloud computing and dashboarding are going to merge into an array of offerings that answer the marketers’ need for a single view of multi-channel touchpoints. With convergence analytics tools, marketers will be able to correlate trends from disparate data sources in a way never possible before.” – Andrew Edwards, Founder, Technology Leaders.
3. Useable Insights
“Now that we’re over the shock of Big Data, more companies will be deriving insight value by correlating disparate data sets to better serve their customers. This is especially important as customers’ expectations continue to escalate and the competition offers more relevant services to complement their products.” – Jim Sterne, Founder, eMetrics Summit.
“The content and ads we encounter are increasingly customized to improve relevance, leveraging the many breadcrumbs we leave in our trail. Indeed, we may soon live in our own relevance bubbles, derived from our personal and social behavior patterns. Marketers will know not just our browsing history and behavior, but also that of our friends. All this personalization will certainly continue to change the delicate dance between marketers and consumers.” – Pelin Thorogood, CMO, Anametrix.
5. Social Commerce
“People have more access, more information and more insights than ever before through digital and social platforms, driving behavior and purchasing decisions. Understanding and capitalizing on the influence of social on commerce is the next big wave in shopper behavior.” – Warren Raisch, Executive Vice President, Digitaria.
- Pingback from Industry Experts Predict the Top 5 Digital Marketing Trends for 2013 – ADOTAS | MobileNewsInsider.com
The new trends in Digital marketing are going to take its reach one step further. Mobile tag management and social commerce are definitely going to be defining factors.
Very interesting! Digital marketing is such an exciting and changing field, before we know it we’ll be past these trends and looking even farther ahead. Mobile marketing is definitely going to continue to expand!
- Pingback from Can Your Demo Play Across Every Medium? — Autodemo Blog
Very nice article indeed!, but there is lot more to come in 2013. Rapid change in digital marketing has changed the world and it would go on and on. My thoughts
Leave a Comment
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Is Ex-PayPal VP The Person Leaving Ginormous ‘Tips for Jesus’? December 11th 2013 ADOTAS — A New York waiter claims that Jack Selby, [...] more »
- Pixalate Raises $4.6 Million to Bring Free Real-Time Ad Viewability and Fraud Detection to Brands and Agencies December 11th 2013 SANTA MONICA, Calif.,December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Pixalate, a leading [...] more »
- Opera Mediaworks Reveals 6 Biggest Mobile Advertising Trends of 2013 December 11th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS — In a [...] more »
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Marketers all have different opinions about how much [...] more »
- Adobe: Digital Magazine Circulation, Engagement are On the Rise December 10th 2013 ADOTAS — Today, Adobe released data showing significant circulation growth [...] more »
- New Adchemy Software Puts Multiplier Effect On Keyword Search Campaign Revenue December 10th 2013 SEARCH INSIDER SUMMIT, PARK CITY, Utah, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- Exclusive: American Laser Skincare Taps Matomy as Agency of Record December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Today, American Laser Skincare, a large provider of laser [...] more »
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Sharpen Your Marketing Strategy with Accountable Media December 10th 2013
- Female Game Players are Stealing TV Advertising Budgets December 10th 2013
- Media Consolidation Is Revolutionizing Marketing December 9th 2013
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial
- CimatronE 11 Provides Italian Manufacturer With Major Gun Drilling Efficiencies | contractor-software.us: [...] SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet Click fraud, pixel-jacking and
- Cory Grassell: As an addendum to my previous post, I failed to consider Twitter. I suppose that
- Cory Grassell: Ten seems like a bit much. I think you hit the nail on the head