InboundWriter Names Skip Besthoff as New CEO, Adds $2.5M in Funding
SAN MATEO (November 15, 2012) – InboundWriter®, the first online content optimization system designed specifically for writers, today announced the appointment of Skip Besthoff ((pictured) as its chief executive officer. The company has also announced that under Besthoff’s leadership it has raised $2.5 million in additional funding from existing and new investors to accelerate its expansion into the enterprise market. In a separate announcement today, InboundWriter announced the immediate commercial availability of its new Enterprise tier online content optimization software for content producers.
“The opportunity for InboundWriter to make sophisticated online content optimization as ‘simple as a spellcheck’ is huge,” said Besthoff. “Our software is critical for writers and marketers to make sure the online content they produce can achieve their desired results of driving traffic, ranking and engagement.”
Besthoff joins the management team after being a long-time board member and investor in the company through Castile Ventures. He has a deep understanding of the online content optimization software landscape and is well-positioned to lead the company, having worked closely with InboundWriter executives for the last few years. Most recently, he has been instrumental in crafting the enterprise market expansion strategy for InboundWriter, which is being rolled out today and will be the company’s focus in the coming year. Besthoff has 20 years of expertise in digital media and software-related business as an investor, developer and strategist.
In conjunction with the development of the enterprise market expansion strategy, the company has raised $2.5 million to support product development and go-to-market efforts. Existing investors Castile Ventures, Rho Canada Ventures, Formative Ventures and The Entrepreneurs’ Fund III have contributed to the additional investment along with new investor, Crosslink Capital.
Crosslink Capital is a leading stage-independent venture capital and growth equity firm with over $1.8 billion in assets. For the past 20 years, Crosslink Capital has invested in more than 100 private equity portfolio companies, at the early, mid, and late stages, including Omniture (acquired by Adobe Systems), Marin Software, Pandora, Ancestry.com, and many others. Crosslink’s lead partner for this investment, David Silverman, has deep expertise in the web content market having previously invested in Omniture and Demand Media.
“With the explosion of Internet content coupled with the increasing emphasis on online content quality from platforms such as Google and Facebook, InboundWriter has tremendous potential to help content producers reach their audiences,” said Silverman. “InboundWriter is a highly attractive opportunity for Crosslink and I’m looking forward to working with the new CEO, Skip Besthoff, and his team to further propel InboundWriter’s leadership in the content marketing space.”
“Today InboundWriter is introducing its next generation online content optimization software, which incorporates sophisticated functionality designed for large and medium-sized enterprises in order to enable them to drive online content marketing in an automated and scalable manner,” added Besthoff. “The $2.5 million we’ve just raised will go a long way towards InboundWriter’s expansion into the enterprise market.”
More information about InboundWriter is available at www.inboundwriter.com.
InboundWriter develops cloud-based software that incorporates real-time information gathered from the web to automate the process of optimizing online content. The application naturally integrates tailored best practices and deep insights directly into the writing process. InboundWriter drives dramatic improvements in both paid and organic site traffic as well as search engine ranking, making it an indispensable tool for improving content reach and engagement. An award-winning product, InboundWriter is the recipient of the 2012 People’s Choice Stevie Award for Favorite Marketing / PR Solution. For more information, visit www.inboundwriter.com, read the blog or follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 — Fiverr®, the world’s largest [...] more »
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum March 11th 2014 VANCOUVER, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Shahrzad Rafati, founder and CEO [...] more »
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development March 11th 2014 NEW YORK, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Intent Media, an [...] more »
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer March 11th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Ampush, a leading [...] more »
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting March 11th 2014 ADOTAS – You may already know that Facebook Exchange (FBX) [...] more »
- Covario Names Jeff MacGurn Senior Vice President March 11th 2014 SAN DIEGO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) -– Covario, a leading independent [...] more »
- Kitara Media Appoints Chris Magdelinskas as Chief Technology Officer March 11th 2014 JERSEY CITY, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Kitara Media Corp. [...] more »
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon March 11th 2014
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Fans Among Farmers, Filmmakers#Selfie Music Video Dominates With Help From Social Media InfluencersAdknowledge Acquires
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Tech Companies Must Improve EncryptionThe (Important) SXSW Panels You Missed, Explained by CartoonsToday’s Burning
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]