Esquire Partners with Netpage to Unveil First-Ever Completely Interactive Magazine
NEW YORK (November 13, 2012) – Esquire announced today that the December issue, on newsstands November 20, will be the first-ever completely interactive, shareable magazine. By using Netpage, the app for paper, readers can now digitally clip, save, and share every article, ad, and photo from the print edition of Esquire. Readers can also play exclusive videos and purchase items right from the page for an entirely new way to experience a magazine.
“We are always looking for ways Esquire can expand on the magazine experience,” says David Granger (pictured), editor-in-chief, Esquire.“We did a cover on which words and images moved, we did the first augmented reality issue and now, by partnering with Netpage, we’ve made our December issue the first completely interactive magazine.”
Netpage is a new, free iPhone™ app for paper. Netpage makes the entire surface of every magazine page interactive. This makes it easy for readers to digitally clip and save any article, photo, or ad or share it through email, text, Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks. Netpage is powered by a unique combination of image recognition, augmented reality and Digital Twin™technology. No special code, watermarks or special printing process are required.
Paul Morris, CEO of Netpage, says, “Esquire is the perfect publication for us to launch our ground-breaking technology—because they consistently lead with innovation. We’re honored to be part of the future of Esquire,a great brand with a forward-thinking vision.”
Lexus is the first brand to take full advantage of the technology in the December issue with a two-page advertising spread for the 2013 Lexus LS F SPORT. When scanned using the Netpage app, the ad comes to life: taillights from passing traffic move by, the scene animates, and the headlights of the LS F SPORT turn on, shining brightly. The animation then seamlessly transitions into a 30-second Lexus video of the latest broadcast spot. While every ad in the issue is Netpage-enabled for clipping, saving and sharing, only Lexus has exclusive enhanced capabilities.
“Esquire’s readers and advertisers have come to expect leading-edge content experiences– this partnership with Netpage represents both a ‘first’ and a new standard for the industry,” notes Jack Essig, SVP, publishing director and chief revenue officer, Esquire. “As partners in breaking boundaries, Esquire and Lexus will not only deliver a new means for engaging with our content but will also fuel the conversation around both our brands.”
The December issue will also give readers the opportunity to support the Great American Things Collection, hand-curated by Esquire and in partnerhip with Made Collection and Netpage. Using Netpage, readers will be able to purchase American-made gifts from the Collection on the mademovement.com site, where an Esquire-branded storefront has been created.
Esquire has consistently been a leader in implementing technological change in the print arena. In October 2008, in celebration of the magazine’s 75th anniversary,Esquire issued the first-ever limited-edition electronic-ink cover, proclaiming “The 21st Century Begins Now” as the words and images moved and changed. The December 2009 issue featured the use of Augmented Reality, which when held up to a computer’s webcam, triggered an interactive experience that brought several features within the magazine’s pages to life.
The January issue of Esquire will also incorporate Netpage and be completely interactive, as will all issues going forward. Hearst Magazines has also committed to enabling additional titles in 2013.
Esquire (www.esquire.com), published by Hearst Magazines, is the most-honored monthly magazine in America. Over the past 15 years, it has won a total of 16 National Magazine Awards. Its Web site and e-reader applications have been similarly honored: Esquire won the first-ever National Magazine Award for iPad applications. In addition to its U.S. flagship, Esquire publishes 25 editions around the world. Follow Esquire on Twitter at @Esquiremag.
Netpage is the app for paper. It lets publishers turn each page of a magazine into an interactive experience for readers. Through Netpage, users can clip, save and share every article, ad, and photo they love, or play videos and sometimes even purchase items — all right from the page. It’s an entirely new way to experience a magazine. Netpage is available for free in the iTunes™ App Store. Headquartered in Lenexa, Kansas, Netpage is privately held.
Since its debut in 1989, Lexus has earned a reputation for high-quality products and exemplary customer service from its 231 dealers. Lexus is the luxury hybrid leader, offering five hybrids that provide the best in innovative technology and first-class luxury. When it began, Lexus offered two models of vehicles. Now, more than 20 years later, Lexus offers variations of 10 vehicles, from the sporty CT 200h hybrid to the V10 supercar, the LFA.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – The first-ever Westchester Digital Summit was held on May [...] more »
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Strong marketing strategies attract attention and build the [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Tremor Video IPO Would Be A Success May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – In this week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – We’ve asked our esteemed panel of industry thought [...] more »
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – Tony Stark aka Iron Man is restless. The [...] more »
- Pandora is First Digital Publisher to Offer e-Business Advertising Integration into Media Buying Platforms May 16th 2013 OAKLAND, CALIF., May 15, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Pandora (NYSE: P), [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Ads That Look at You: How Eye-Tracking Technologies Will Change the Advertising Game May 15th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Backlinks uk: Within search engine optimisation (SEO), one way links reference hyper-links aiming to a distinct Website
- energy-physics: Media.net is a fantastic ad program. But now a days I cant customize their ads.
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? – Adotas | Social Media Strategy Plan: [...] Permalink [...]
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements?: [...] “What will be the impact of the big announcements coming out of this week’s