Esquire Partners with Netpage to Unveil First-Ever Completely Interactive Magazine
NEW YORK (November 13, 2012) – Esquire announced today that the December issue, on newsstands November 20, will be the first-ever completely interactive, shareable magazine. By using Netpage, the app for paper, readers can now digitally clip, save, and share every article, ad, and photo from the print edition of Esquire. Readers can also play exclusive videos and purchase items right from the page for an entirely new way to experience a magazine.
“We are always looking for ways Esquire can expand on the magazine experience,” says David Granger (pictured), editor-in-chief, Esquire.“We did a cover on which words and images moved, we did the first augmented reality issue and now, by partnering with Netpage, we’ve made our December issue the first completely interactive magazine.”
Netpage is a new, free iPhone™ app for paper. Netpage makes the entire surface of every magazine page interactive. This makes it easy for readers to digitally clip and save any article, photo, or ad or share it through email, text, Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks. Netpage is powered by a unique combination of image recognition, augmented reality and Digital Twin™technology. No special code, watermarks or special printing process are required.
Paul Morris, CEO of Netpage, says, “Esquire is the perfect publication for us to launch our ground-breaking technology—because they consistently lead with innovation. We’re honored to be part of the future of Esquire,a great brand with a forward-thinking vision.”
Lexus is the first brand to take full advantage of the technology in the December issue with a two-page advertising spread for the 2013 Lexus LS F SPORT. When scanned using the Netpage app, the ad comes to life: taillights from passing traffic move by, the scene animates, and the headlights of the LS F SPORT turn on, shining brightly. The animation then seamlessly transitions into a 30-second Lexus video of the latest broadcast spot. While every ad in the issue is Netpage-enabled for clipping, saving and sharing, only Lexus has exclusive enhanced capabilities.
“Esquire’s readers and advertisers have come to expect leading-edge content experiences– this partnership with Netpage represents both a ‘first’ and a new standard for the industry,” notes Jack Essig, SVP, publishing director and chief revenue officer, Esquire. “As partners in breaking boundaries, Esquire and Lexus will not only deliver a new means for engaging with our content but will also fuel the conversation around both our brands.”
The December issue will also give readers the opportunity to support the Great American Things Collection, hand-curated by Esquire and in partnerhip with Made Collection and Netpage. Using Netpage, readers will be able to purchase American-made gifts from the Collection on the mademovement.com site, where an Esquire-branded storefront has been created.
Esquire has consistently been a leader in implementing technological change in the print arena. In October 2008, in celebration of the magazine’s 75th anniversary,Esquire issued the first-ever limited-edition electronic-ink cover, proclaiming “The 21st Century Begins Now” as the words and images moved and changed. The December 2009 issue featured the use of Augmented Reality, which when held up to a computer’s webcam, triggered an interactive experience that brought several features within the magazine’s pages to life.
The January issue of Esquire will also incorporate Netpage and be completely interactive, as will all issues going forward. Hearst Magazines has also committed to enabling additional titles in 2013.
Esquire (www.esquire.com), published by Hearst Magazines, is the most-honored monthly magazine in America. Over the past 15 years, it has won a total of 16 National Magazine Awards. Its Web site and e-reader applications have been similarly honored: Esquire won the first-ever National Magazine Award for iPad applications. In addition to its U.S. flagship, Esquire publishes 25 editions around the world. Follow Esquire on Twitter at @Esquiremag.
Netpage is the app for paper. It lets publishers turn each page of a magazine into an interactive experience for readers. Through Netpage, users can clip, save and share every article, ad, and photo they love, or play videos and sometimes even purchase items — all right from the page. It’s an entirely new way to experience a magazine. Netpage is available for free in the iTunes™ App Store. Headquartered in Lenexa, Kansas, Netpage is privately held.
Since its debut in 1989, Lexus has earned a reputation for high-quality products and exemplary customer service from its 231 dealers. Lexus is the luxury hybrid leader, offering five hybrids that provide the best in innovative technology and first-class luxury. When it began, Lexus offered two models of vehicles. Now, more than 20 years later, Lexus offers variations of 10 vehicles, from the sporty CT 200h hybrid to the V10 supercar, the LFA.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]