Datadog Announces $6.2M Investment from Index Ventures, RTP Ventures
NEW YORK (November 20, 2012) — Datadog, an innovator in the IT monitoring space, today announced a $6.2M A-round of funding, co-led by Index Ventures and RTP Ventures, an affiliate of ru-Net Holdings, with participation from existing investors IA Ventures, Amplify Partners, Contour Ventures and NYCSeed. With the new funding, Datadog intends to expand its development, sales and marketing operations to serve its rapidly growing enterprise customer base.
Unlike traditional monitoring products, Datadog focuses on presenting an integrated view of the tools and services used by IT teams across development and operations, and delivering the right insights to the relevant team members. In addition to its out-of-the-box capabilities, Datadog is built to aggregate data from other applications, cloud providers and specialized management tools, covering the full lifecycle from code change to deployment to monitoring alert with a consistent data model and experience from end-to-end.
“IT teams are deluged with data from an ever larger number of tools, creating as many data silos that prevent them from understanding and resolving issues,” said Olivier Pomel (pictured), CEO of Datadog. “We founded Datadog to make it easy and affordable for enterprises to tame this complexity, embrace faster release cycles, and marry legacy and next-generation architectures while avoiding split brains between Development and Operations.”
“Datadog gives us visibility into our performance metrics, alerts and incidents, no matter the origin. As a result Dev and Ops teams have an easier time being on the same page, and at the end of the day, we see fewer issues and solve them faster,” said Sabry Tozin, SVP Engineering at IGN, a Datadog enterprise customer.
“Our success is based on the simple premise that we built a tool practitioners want to use. It takes 5 minutes to set up, servers, clouds and apps appear automatically, and the product is as friendly as the best consumer sites,” added Alexis Le-Quoc, CTO, Datadog.
“Olivier, Alexis and the Datadog team have identified a significant opportunity within increasingly complex IT environments and built an elegant and easy to deploy product for Devops. We’re excited to welcome them to the Index family,” said Shardul Shah, Index Ventures.
“We see Datadog setting the standard for infrastructure monitoring in the cloud age: they aggregate tens of billions of records a day from dozens of sources for their largest customers, yet present it in a simple interactive package,” said Murat Bicer, Managing Director at RTP Ventures. “We are thrilled to be partnering with them.”
About Index Ventures
Index Ventures is a leading global venture capital firm active in technology and biotechnology investing since 1996. From our offices in Geneva, London and San Francisco we love to discover and support the most entrepreneurial teams wherever they are looking to build market defining global businesses. For more information on our investments, from seed through to growth stage, please visit http://www.indexventures.com
About RTP Ventures
Ru-net Technology Partners (RTP), an affiliate of ru-Net Holdings, is an early stage venture capital firm. Investing globally out of offices in New York, Boston and Moscow, we support entrepreneurs building innovative technologies with a focus on cloud computing, software as a service, and enterprise infrastructure. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.rtp.vc.
Datadog is a service for IT, operations and development teams who write and run applications at scale, and want to turn the massive amounts of data produced by their apps, tools and services into actionable insight. Datadog is a privately-held, venture-funded company based in New York City. To tame the complexity of your systems, maximize velocity, availability and performance, and avoid split-brains between dev and ops, try it at datadoghq.com.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom
- PointRoll’s Social Engager Leverages Multi-Source Data to Alter Creative on the Fly for Mobile Facebook & Twitter Users
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence
- RadiumOne Appoints New CFO As Rapid Growth Continues
- Blue Calypso’s DashTAGG Chosen as ad:tech San Francisco Official Mobile Gamification Platform
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom March 10th 2014 ADOTAS – This past Friday, Advertising Age reported that Omnicom [...] more »
- PointRoll’s Social Engager Leverages Multi-Source Data to Alter Creative on the Fly for Mobile Facebook & Twitter Users March 10th 2014 AUSTIN, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Advertisers can engage prospective [...] more »
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence March 10th 2014 NEW YORK, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Bitly, the company [...] more »
- RadiumOne Appoints New CFO As Rapid Growth Continues March 10th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 9, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RadiumOne, the leading global [...] more »
- Blue Calypso’s DashTAGG Chosen as ad:tech San Francisco Official Mobile Gamification Platform March 10th 2014 DALLAS, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Blue Calypso, Inc. (OTCBB:BCYP), [...] more »
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen | Isupon: [...] ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy growth in the use
- What You Need To Know To Get Ahead In Video Advertising | Setting the PACE: [...] results of new research into online video advertising in the form of this infographic,