Datadog Announces $6.2M Investment from Index Ventures, RTP Ventures
NEW YORK (November 20, 2012) — Datadog, an innovator in the IT monitoring space, today announced a $6.2M A-round of funding, co-led by Index Ventures and RTP Ventures, an affiliate of ru-Net Holdings, with participation from existing investors IA Ventures, Amplify Partners, Contour Ventures and NYCSeed. With the new funding, Datadog intends to expand its development, sales and marketing operations to serve its rapidly growing enterprise customer base.
Unlike traditional monitoring products, Datadog focuses on presenting an integrated view of the tools and services used by IT teams across development and operations, and delivering the right insights to the relevant team members. In addition to its out-of-the-box capabilities, Datadog is built to aggregate data from other applications, cloud providers and specialized management tools, covering the full lifecycle from code change to deployment to monitoring alert with a consistent data model and experience from end-to-end.
“IT teams are deluged with data from an ever larger number of tools, creating as many data silos that prevent them from understanding and resolving issues,” said Olivier Pomel (pictured), CEO of Datadog. “We founded Datadog to make it easy and affordable for enterprises to tame this complexity, embrace faster release cycles, and marry legacy and next-generation architectures while avoiding split brains between Development and Operations.”
“Datadog gives us visibility into our performance metrics, alerts and incidents, no matter the origin. As a result Dev and Ops teams have an easier time being on the same page, and at the end of the day, we see fewer issues and solve them faster,” said Sabry Tozin, SVP Engineering at IGN, a Datadog enterprise customer.
“Our success is based on the simple premise that we built a tool practitioners want to use. It takes 5 minutes to set up, servers, clouds and apps appear automatically, and the product is as friendly as the best consumer sites,” added Alexis Le-Quoc, CTO, Datadog.
“Olivier, Alexis and the Datadog team have identified a significant opportunity within increasingly complex IT environments and built an elegant and easy to deploy product for Devops. We’re excited to welcome them to the Index family,” said Shardul Shah, Index Ventures.
“We see Datadog setting the standard for infrastructure monitoring in the cloud age: they aggregate tens of billions of records a day from dozens of sources for their largest customers, yet present it in a simple interactive package,” said Murat Bicer, Managing Director at RTP Ventures. “We are thrilled to be partnering with them.”
About Index Ventures
Index Ventures is a leading global venture capital firm active in technology and biotechnology investing since 1996. From our offices in Geneva, London and San Francisco we love to discover and support the most entrepreneurial teams wherever they are looking to build market defining global businesses. For more information on our investments, from seed through to growth stage, please visit http://www.indexventures.com
About RTP Ventures
Ru-net Technology Partners (RTP), an affiliate of ru-Net Holdings, is an early stage venture capital firm. Investing globally out of offices in New York, Boston and Moscow, we support entrepreneurs building innovative technologies with a focus on cloud computing, software as a service, and enterprise infrastructure. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.rtp.vc.
Datadog is a service for IT, operations and development teams who write and run applications at scale, and want to turn the massive amounts of data produced by their apps, tools and services into actionable insight. Datadog is a privately-held, venture-funded company based in New York City. To tame the complexity of your systems, maximize velocity, availability and performance, and avoid split-brains between dev and ops, try it at datadoghq.com.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison
- Rubicon Project Strengthens Senior Leadership Team With Strategic New Hires
- UPDATED: Is Ex-PayPal SVP The Person Leaving Ginormous ‘Tips for Jesus’?
- Integrate and Silicon Valley Bank Ink $12.5 Million in Secured Financing
- Pixalate Raises $4.6 Million to Bring Free Real-Time Ad Viewability and Fraud Detection to Brands and Agencies
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison December 11th 2013 ADOTAS – Lest we forget, Google is an advertising company [...] more »
- Rubicon Project Strengthens Senior Leadership Team With Strategic New Hires December 11th 2013 LOS ANGELES, December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Rubicon Project (www.rubiconproject.com), [...] more »
- UPDATED: Is Ex-PayPal SVP The Person Leaving Ginormous ‘Tips for Jesus’? December 11th 2013 ADOTAS — A New York waiter claims that Jack Selby, [...] more »
- Integrate and Silicon Valley Bank Ink $12.5 Million in Secured Financing December 11th 2013 SCOTTSDALE, AZ, December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Integrate, the first [...] more »
- Pixalate Raises $4.6 Million to Bring Free Real-Time Ad Viewability and Fraud Detection to Brands and Agencies December 11th 2013 SANTA MONICA, Calif.,December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Pixalate, a leading [...] more »
- Opera Mediaworks Reveals 6 Biggest Mobile Advertising Trends of 2013 December 11th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS — In a [...] more »
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Marketers all have different opinions about how much [...] more »
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Sharpen Your Marketing Strategy with Accountable Media December 10th 2013
- Female Game Players are Stealing TV Advertising Budgets December 10th 2013
- Media Consolidation Is Revolutionizing Marketing December 9th 2013
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial
- CimatronE 11 Provides Italian Manufacturer With Major Gun Drilling Efficiencies | contractor-software.us: [...] SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet Click fraud, pixel-jacking and