Datadog Announces $6.2M Investment from Index Ventures, RTP Ventures
NEW YORK (November 20, 2012) — Datadog, an innovator in the IT monitoring space, today announced a $6.2M A-round of funding, co-led by Index Ventures and RTP Ventures, an affiliate of ru-Net Holdings, with participation from existing investors IA Ventures, Amplify Partners, Contour Ventures and NYCSeed. With the new funding, Datadog intends to expand its development, sales and marketing operations to serve its rapidly growing enterprise customer base.
Unlike traditional monitoring products, Datadog focuses on presenting an integrated view of the tools and services used by IT teams across development and operations, and delivering the right insights to the relevant team members. In addition to its out-of-the-box capabilities, Datadog is built to aggregate data from other applications, cloud providers and specialized management tools, covering the full lifecycle from code change to deployment to monitoring alert with a consistent data model and experience from end-to-end.
“IT teams are deluged with data from an ever larger number of tools, creating as many data silos that prevent them from understanding and resolving issues,” said Olivier Pomel (pictured), CEO of Datadog. “We founded Datadog to make it easy and affordable for enterprises to tame this complexity, embrace faster release cycles, and marry legacy and next-generation architectures while avoiding split brains between Development and Operations.”
“Datadog gives us visibility into our performance metrics, alerts and incidents, no matter the origin. As a result Dev and Ops teams have an easier time being on the same page, and at the end of the day, we see fewer issues and solve them faster,” said Sabry Tozin, SVP Engineering at IGN, a Datadog enterprise customer.
“Our success is based on the simple premise that we built a tool practitioners want to use. It takes 5 minutes to set up, servers, clouds and apps appear automatically, and the product is as friendly as the best consumer sites,” added Alexis Le-Quoc, CTO, Datadog.
“Olivier, Alexis and the Datadog team have identified a significant opportunity within increasingly complex IT environments and built an elegant and easy to deploy product for Devops. We’re excited to welcome them to the Index family,” said Shardul Shah, Index Ventures.
“We see Datadog setting the standard for infrastructure monitoring in the cloud age: they aggregate tens of billions of records a day from dozens of sources for their largest customers, yet present it in a simple interactive package,” said Murat Bicer, Managing Director at RTP Ventures. “We are thrilled to be partnering with them.”
About Index Ventures
Index Ventures is a leading global venture capital firm active in technology and biotechnology investing since 1996. From our offices in Geneva, London and San Francisco we love to discover and support the most entrepreneurial teams wherever they are looking to build market defining global businesses. For more information on our investments, from seed through to growth stage, please visit http://www.indexventures.com
About RTP Ventures
Ru-net Technology Partners (RTP), an affiliate of ru-Net Holdings, is an early stage venture capital firm. Investing globally out of offices in New York, Boston and Moscow, we support entrepreneurs building innovative technologies with a focus on cloud computing, software as a service, and enterprise infrastructure. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.rtp.vc.
Datadog is a service for IT, operations and development teams who write and run applications at scale, and want to turn the massive amounts of data produced by their apps, tools and services into actionable insight. Datadog is a privately-held, venture-funded company based in New York City. To tame the complexity of your systems, maximize velocity, availability and performance, and avoid split-brains between dev and ops, try it at datadoghq.com.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Big Data’s Killer App: Mobile RTB
- How SMBs Can Keep Up With Mobile Commerce
- Larissa’s Picks to Click: PBS’ Digital Triumph, Promoted Ads, Brands on the ‘Vine’
- Mediasmith Taps Medialets As Official 3rd-Party Server for Mobile/Tablet Advertising
- Breaking: VivaKi and Mass Relevance Announce Partnership
- Big Data’s Killer App: Mobile RTB June 18th 2013 ADOTAS – As you may have noticed, mobile real-time bidding [...] more »
- How SMBs Can Keep Up With Mobile Commerce June 18th 2013 ADOTAS — It’s no secret that mobile commerce is on [...] more »
- Larissa’s Picks to Click: PBS’ Digital Triumph, Promoted Ads, Brands on the ‘Vine’ June 18th 2013 ADOTAS EDITOR’S NOTE: Editorial Intern Larissa Lohman routinely scours online media for [...] more »
- Mediasmith Taps Medialets As Official 3rd-Party Server for Mobile/Tablet Advertising June 18th 2013 NEW YORK, June 18, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Medialets, the essential [...] more »
- Breaking: VivaKi and Mass Relevance Announce Partnership June 17th 2013 AUSTIN, TX, June 17, 2013 (ADOTAS) – VivaKi, a global [...] more »
- Video: Small Business Should Visualize the Use of QR Codes June 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Once upon a time, and not so long [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Cookies Dominate on Desktop June 17th 2013 ADOTAS — In last week’s Voter Booth, we asked our [...] more »
- Big Data’s Killer App: Mobile RTB June 18th 2013
- How SMBs Can Keep Up With Mobile Commerce June 18th 2013
- Video: Small Business Should Visualize the Use of QR Codes June 17th 2013
- Facebook Unveils #Hashtag Strategies for Advertisers June 17th 2013
- Can Programmatic Buying Save Traditional Media? June 14th 2013
- SEO / SEM Marketing Manager
- Marketing Research Analyst
- Director of Business Valuation - Financial Advisor
- Digital Project Manager
- Director of Business Valuation - Financial Adviso
- ReputationArmor.net - Online Reputation Management, Mobile Marketing, Domain Registration, Web Hosting, Social Engagement, and SMS Marketing Campaigns that work !!!: [...] Video: Small Business Should Visualize the Use of QR CodesADOTAS, on Mon, 17 Jun
- #Facebook #Hashtags #FTW? – Search Engine Watch | - Suaju Lean Management: [...] (FB) Wants to Wipe Twitter Off the Map…StreetInsider.com (subscription) (blog)ADOTAS -PerformanceIN -Patch.comall 16 news [...]
- #Facebook #Hashtags #FTW? – Search Engine Watch | Social Commerce Tomorrow - Media Marketing: [...] (FB) Wants to Wipe Twitter Off the Map…StreetInsider.com (subscription) (blog)ADOTAS -PerformanceIN -Patch.comall 16 news [...]
- Raj Chauhan: Programmatic is expanding in the online world to guaranteed buys. Adslot is building a