Crew from Intent Media Spend Work Day Aiding Storm Victims in Hard-Hit Rockaways
The employees of NYC-based Intent Media petitioned their management to take a day off (last Friday) to help out victims of Hurricane Sandy. The Intent folks on their own hired a school bus and traveled to the Rockaways for a day of volunteering. They organized bought working gloves and supplies etc ….. and found an organization that needs the services of 45+ people. One of the founders wives’ made 120 sandwiches to feedback both their staff and to give out in the Rockaways. Once on site they broke into groups of 4-5 assigned to different homes clearing out garbage, sweeping, mopping, moving items, sharing food, etc.
Above from left: Emily Dourte and Catherine Mietek (in foreground) help shovel sand that washed up from the nearby beach onto the streets of the neighborhood during the storn.
Above from left: David Dodini and Intent Media co-founder Josh Feuerstein shovel debris from a previously flooded home into a trash bag.
Above from left (in foreground): Mona Soni, Pete Gieser and Jovena Whatmoor take a short breather during the cleanup effort.
About Intent Media
Intent Media helps retail sites fully monetize their site traffic by augmenting transaction revenues with high margin ad revenues. The company’s platform identifies intent actions and targets highly relevant advertising against that intent. Intent Media deploys a proprietary suite of data-driven risk mitigation tools to enable retailers to extract the advertising value of their traffic and simultaneously preserve transaction value. For example, the company’s Ads for Travel enables several of the top online travel agents to monetize traffic in their flight booking path with advertising from airlines and other OTAs.
The privately-held company is based in New York and backed by institutional investments from Redpoint Ventures and Matrix Partners and individual investors including LinkedIn’s Reid Hoffman, AppNexus’ Brian O’Kelley, and Gilt Groupe Inc.’s Kevin Ryan.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]