Crew from Intent Media Spend Work Day Aiding Storm Victims in Hard-Hit Rockaways
The employees of NYC-based Intent Media petitioned their management to take a day off (last Friday) to help out victims of Hurricane Sandy. The Intent folks on their own hired a school bus and traveled to the Rockaways for a day of volunteering. They organized bought working gloves and supplies etc ….. and found an organization that needs the services of 45+ people. One of the founders wives’ made 120 sandwiches to feedback both their staff and to give out in the Rockaways. Once on site they broke into groups of 4-5 assigned to different homes clearing out garbage, sweeping, mopping, moving items, sharing food, etc.
Above from left: Emily Dourte and Catherine Mietek (in foreground) help shovel sand that washed up from the nearby beach onto the streets of the neighborhood during the storn.
Above from left: David Dodini and Intent Media co-founder Josh Feuerstein shovel debris from a previously flooded home into a trash bag.
Above from left (in foreground): Mona Soni, Pete Gieser and Jovena Whatmoor take a short breather during the cleanup effort.
About Intent Media
Intent Media helps retail sites fully monetize their site traffic by augmenting transaction revenues with high margin ad revenues. The company’s platform identifies intent actions and targets highly relevant advertising against that intent. Intent Media deploys a proprietary suite of data-driven risk mitigation tools to enable retailers to extract the advertising value of their traffic and simultaneously preserve transaction value. For example, the company’s Ads for Travel enables several of the top online travel agents to monetize traffic in their flight booking path with advertising from airlines and other OTAs.
The privately-held company is based in New York and backed by institutional investments from Redpoint Ventures and Matrix Partners and individual investors including LinkedIn’s Reid Hoffman, AppNexus’ Brian O’Kelley, and Gilt Groupe Inc.’s Kevin Ryan.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Oracle Buys Responsys, Creating the World’s Largest Modern Marketing Cloud
- Rocket Fuel Lets You Choose Your Charity, Issues EOY Infographic
- Report: Fraudulent Web Traffic Tips the Scale in the United States
- Are Tablets Taking Over? Study Says 55 Percent of Consumers Would Consider Replacing PC With Tablet
- The Year in Tweets: Love, Hate and Brands
Adknowledge CPM Email Advertising Showing ‘Google-Like’ ResultsKANSAS CITY, Mo., December 16, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge’s email channel, AdStation, has announced CPM-based pricing for email advertisers and [...] more...
- Oracle Buys Responsys, Creating the World’s Largest Modern Marketing Cloud December 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Oracle has acquired marketing cloud leader Responsys for [...] more »
- Rocket Fuel Lets You Choose Your Charity, Issues EOY Infographic December 20th 2013 ADOTAS — As we wrap up 2013 and head into [...] more »
- Report: Fraudulent Web Traffic Tips the Scale in the United States December 20th 2013 NEW YORK CITY, December 19, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Solve Media issued [...] more »
- Are Tablets Taking Over? Study Says 55 Percent of Consumers Would Consider Replacing PC With Tablet December 20th 2013 NEW YORK, December 19, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adroit Digital today [...] more »
- The Year in Tweets: Love, Hate and Brands December 20th 2013 ADOTAS — A new report from NetBase that reveals what consumers [...] more »
- Research Study: Holiday Retail Tactics Breed Mistrust Among Millennails December 19th 2013 ADOTAS — It’s an opportunity for progressive retailers to [...] more »
- eXelate Expands Global Data Coverage Through Strategic Partnership With French Company SirData December 19th 2013 NEW YORK, December 19, 2013 (ADOTAS) — eXelate, the leading [...] more »
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now! December 20th 2013
- What Will Publisher Biz Dev Teams Look Like by 2015? December 20th 2013
- Navigating The Wild West of Data Analytics: 6 Steps To Help You Get There December 20th 2013
- An Agency Perspective on Attribution December 19th 2013
- Leverage the Value of the Second-Screen Trend – Now and After the Holiday Shopping Season December 19th 2013
- Internet Marketing Manager
- Director of Platform Excellence
- Reporting & Analytics
- Sr. Account Manager: Advertising client management
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Oracle Buys Responsys, Creating the World’s Largest Modern Marketing Cloud: [...] Salesforce’s acquisition of ExactTarget earlier this year, large enterprise software companies are increasingly looking
- Scott Pannier: MdotLabs has a product that advertisers, agencies, and publishers can leverage to try and weed
- Bob Gordon: How can an honest publisher stay in business having to compete with the tiny CPM's
- Dick Bennett CEO: I'm sorry, but posting a "release" like this, and calling it "news", is just plain