ad:tech NY 2012: The People, The Panels, The Press Coverage
Despite some uncertainty following the devastation of Superstorm Sandy througout the region, ad:tech NY 2012 pressed on.
On Day 1, the event’s organizers announced via Twitter a donation of $25,000 to the American Red Cross to aid relief efforts in the region, and encouraged attendees to make $10 donations by texting REDCROSS to 90999. Extraordinary efforts were made in the days leading up to the event to ensure that exhibitors were able to actually exhibit, despite the flooding of a New Jersey warehouse used to store their materials, and it paid off: All but a handful of vendors with larger booths were accommodated, according to an ad:tech spokesperson. And while many out-of-town registrants cancelled their travel plans to New York in the aftermath of the storm, the conference was nonetheless well attended.
While Adotas used ad:tech NY 2012 as a vehicle for one-on-one intervews with industry executives, the citizen journalists at Allvoices took a more macro view of the tech industry’s biggest Big Apple event of the year, covering it like the proverbial blanket. (Good thing, too, because winter arrived early in the City that Never Sleeps).
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Meredith to Acquire Popular Shape Brand From American Media, Names Tim O’Conner Publisher of New Shape Magazine
- Crossing the Channel Part 1: Digital Display Legos
- SXSW Interactive Innovation Awards Announce Nominees
- Adaptive Media CEO Qayed Murtaza Shareef Faces Up to 752 Years in Jail
- Meredith Corp. Relaunches Meredith.com With New Dynamic Responsive Design