Tech Takes Center Stage at Advertising Week 2012
NEW YORK – Advertising Week, the world’s largest annual gathering of advertising, marketing and media industry leaders, returns to New York City today through Friday, October 5 with its annual program of thought leadership seminars; marquee evening events; AWE, an all-new technology expo; and a series of industry trade association led programs that are synonymous with The Week.
Times Square has evolved as a true headquarters for Advertising Week.
- The Times Center, Nederlander Theatre and Liberty Theater (West 41st); BB King’s and New York Public Library (West 42nd) NASDAQ (West 43rd) Best Buy Theater (West 44th) and Aspen Social Club (West 47th) all host major events.
- Amazon’s Leadership Breakfast and Operation Deploy, a new initiative to employ veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars in the advertising business, kick off The Week first thing today.
- Mobile and Social are at the forefront with Seminars by ESPN Mobile, BuzzFeed, Facebook, Google +, LinkedIn, Twitter and Tumblr.
- MASSIVE block includes YouTube, The Nerdist, and The Jim Henson Company + the MASSIVE Roundtable.
- “Catch Me If You Can” legend Frank Abagnale headlines “Mission Impossible: Truth and Privacy.”
- MLB Advanced Media’s Bob Bowman bats leadoff at the Advertising Week Data Congress.
- Funkmaster Flex, Rita Ora, Busta Rhymes, Lupe Fiasco and Friars Club “RoastMaster” Jeffrey Ross all perform live.
“We have listened to our Delegates and delivered what they want: A fortified program which is easy to navigate on every platform” said Advertising Week Executive Director Matt Scheckner.
This year features a revamped web site, www.advertisingweek.com, and a new app (Free for iOS and Android) which helps both navigate and gamify Advertising Week, as well as a Times Square-only venue package. Additionally, Advertising Week registration has moved from The Times Center to the Liberty Theater.
Brand new to the Advertising Week lineup in 2012 is the Advertising Week Experience (AWE), a showcase of leading edge technologies which are reshaping the industry in real time. AWE features a blend of established, marquee technology players led by Adobe, AT&T, LG and Microsoft (which is premiering Windows 8 at AWE) with a host of start-ups. The Huffington Post will be streaming live from AWE all Week as the bellwether of an expanded streaming initiative to extend the reach of Advertising Week thought leadership content.
“We’ve heard one thing loud and clear from marketers over the past year. To stay ahead of the competition they need deep understandings and insights on new ways to engage their customers,” said Bob Greenberg, former Panasonic CMO and Chief Curator of AWE. “With the role of technology now more important as ever, decision-makers need to learn the latest and greatest or perish. AWE is going to take the marketing and advertising space by storm.”
More Advertising Week 2012 Highlights
Seminar content blocks and highlights include NASDAQ Tech Futures and TIME Presents: Agency CEO’s Talk Tech, the Massive Track (Madison Avenue + Silicon Valley + Hollywood), and Chegg’s Class Is In Session Executive Education track, as well as other content developed exclusively for Advertising Week with such diverse media partners as Bloomberg, CNBC, Fast Company, Mashable, Telemundo, and Wired.
CEO’s and CMO’s are participating in The Week from several companies including Adobe, AOL, AMC Networks, AT&T, BuzzFeed, Chegg, Condè Nast, Facebook, Fast Company, Home Depot, The Huffington Post, Jcrew, Lenovo, L’Oreal, MasterCard, Mashable, NCC Media, PwC, Pepsi, Time Inc., Tumblr, Twitter and Weight Watchers.
New corporate and media partners for 2012 include Adobe, Acxiom, Amazon, AMC Networks, Catalina, Chegg, Criteo, Daily Motion, Grab Media, incite/Loud Digital, Machinima, Pandora, PRN, Telemundo, Terra Networks, Time Inc., Tumblr, Twitter, The Weather Channel, and Wired. Returning partners include AOL, AT&T Adworks, Bloomberg, Delta Sky Media, Facebook, Fast Company, Google, LinkedIn, Microsoft, NCC Media, and Time Warner Cable.
Seminar and Other Highlights
- Bloomberg’s Leadership Summit features top brass from Catalina, CBSi, Havas, Pepsi, Time Warner Cable and Tumblr.
- Whoopi Goldberg leads Tribeca Film Festivals’ “The Future of Film” joined by filmmaker Fisher Stevens, ESPN and GE.
- “Under the Influence: The Convergence of Media and Influence” presents redefine how advertisers and consumer communicate, with Facebook, Fast Company, Kraft, Mashable, MediaVest, MTV and Twitter.
- Nile Rodgers hits the “High Notes of Creativity” with Draftfcb and Billboard.
- Paul Lavoie’s “La Table de Cuisine” opens the first-ever Advertising Week Film Festival.
- NY Times CEO Summit features iconic Rao’s owner, Frank Pellegrino, with industry luminaries Tim Armstrong, Bob Greenberg, Laura Lang, Dan Rosensweig and Josh Sapan.
- Arianna Huffington tops AT&T AdWorks “CEO Connectors.”
- Fast Company and The Lighthouse Company’s Talent Summit features Bill Morris, Director of Olympic Ceremonies London 2012 and Paradigm Head of Personal appearances, Ed Micone.
- MediaPost’s OMMA suite of thought leadership programs sweep back into Advertising Week.
- Chegg leads a day-long block of Seminars headlined by Columbia, MIT and NYU’s Stern School.
- Tumblr and AMC Networks dial back to the Mad Men era for the GeneratioNext Wrap Party at BB King’s.
In addition, more than 30 trade associations stage seminars and special events during The Week as well. These include:
- The AAF’s Mosaic Conference and Awards return once again.
- The Advertising Club of New York’s annual kick-off luncheon honors AT&T.
- The ARF’s People Forum: The Modern Family features an afternoon of panels with executives from Walmart, BET Network, the U.S. Census Bureau – just one of a series of programs led by the ARF.
- Advertising Women of New York (AWNY) celebrates its 100th anniversary with a special luncheon at Gotham Hall.
- IAB’s MIXX Conference and Awards returns with a potent line-up including Marc Andreesen and Sheryl Sandberg.
- The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) debuts SM2 2012, the official mobile marketing conference of The Week.
- The One Club presents “Where Are All the Black People?” (Part 3).
- Radio Advertising Bureau’s Radio Mercury Awards returns — the only major awards competition devoted to radio.
- Additional trades staging seminars during The Week include the 4A’s, Ad Council, ASRC, ANA, CAB, and TVB.
Those wishing to attend Advertising Week 2012 can register now as Delegates or Super Delegates at www.advertisingweek.com. Delegates may experience AWE and attend a broad array of Seminars at BB King’s, NASDAQ, The Times Center, Liberty Theater and Nederlander Theatre. Registration now also includes a “Print @ Home” option for the first time.
Super Delegate gain credentialed entry to special Advertising Week events including:
- Opening Night Concert at the Best Buy Theater, featuring Busta Rhymes, Funkmaster Flex and Rita Ora.
- AT&T AdWorks, LinkedIn and Wired Connects nightly networking and cocktail.
- Battle of the Ad Bands and DJ’s presented by Buzz-Media and Collective Media at the Highline Ballroom
- Microsoft Live! featuring Lupe Fiasco at Webster Hall.
- Stand Up Live! featuring RoastMaster General, Jeffrey Ross
- Tumblr’s GenerationNext Wrap Party celebrating the Mad Men era with AMC Networks.
For more information or to register for media credentials visit www.advertisingweek.com.
About Advertising Week
Since its creation in 2004, Advertising Week has drawn more than one million participants from around the world to New York City for a week long hybrid of events built on thought leadership. Evening events celebrate the ties of advertising and popular culture with star talent. Beyond enlightenment and entertainment, the mission of The Week is to inspire young people to join the craft; focus on the social impacts of advertising; address the most important issues facing the industry and shine a bright light on the business and economic influence of the advertising, media and marketing industries.
Leave a Comment
- iPinYou Releases 2015 Report: Key Trends & Insights of Programmatic Advertising in China
- News Bits: Allstate’s Takeover Ad at March Madness–It’s Mayhem; Leadspace Doubles Customer Roster; Simulmedia and DoubleVerify Hires
- CPXi offers “Programmatic Direct: A Six-Step Guide to Efficiency Through Automation” and a Cool Infographic
- Neustar Collaborates with Nielsen: Bringing Digital Campaign Measurement to PlatformOne™
- Warning: The Danger of Treating Online Content Like Offline