TagMan, Tealium CEOs Respond to Google Tag Manager Announcement
The launch of Google Tag Manager, which helps digital marketers more easily manage their Google-related products, has drawn reaction from interested parties.
Ali Behnam, CEO of Tealium, a leader in enterprise tag management, responded thusly:
- Google’s entry into the space validates the tag management space, and verifies the growing demand for putting marketers in control of their mission-critical online solutions
- Google Tag Manager is a nice product for small businesses that want to better manage their Google solutions, including Google Analytics.
- However, Google is not an ideal option for enterprise web sites with complex needs, and that are using a wide array of digital marketing vendors, including competitive solutions such as Adobe SiteCatalyst.
“Google’s new tag management system gives small businesses the benefit of being able to better manage their website tags,” said Behnam. “We’re excited to see Google’s validation of the space and welcome their offering for small businesses. The solution provides businesses with limited requirements a suitable approach to managing Google and other small business tools.”
TagMan’s CEO, Jon Baron, weighed in as well. According to Baron:
- Like Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager will cater to long tail clients. Enterprise clients want enterprise software; that’s who invests in TagMan services.
- Free Google Analytics did not impact Omniture’s enterprise customer base).
- There are over 800 tag vendors in the world with multiple tags, Google currently support 5 tags, their own tags and 2 custom tags.
- Unlike Google Tag Manager, TagMan has no ownership rights on data. TagMan believes the advertiser owns their data.
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]