Survey: 45% of U.S. iPad Owners Disgruntled With Timing of New iPad 4 Launch
WILTON, CT. (October 25, 2012) – Within 24 hours of Apple CEO Tim Cook’s unveiling of the new iPad as well as the iPad Mini, Toluna QuickSurveys has the first reliable consumer reaction to the launch via a survey of 2,000 U.S. consumers online. The survey found 45 percent of U.S. iPad owners feel disgruntled that Apple has released a new iPad 4 only seven months after the release of the latest iPad 3.
Reaction to the iPad Mini was more positive with 14 percent of respondents saying they will ‘definitely buy one’ and a further 32 percent say they will ‘probably buy one.’ However, when directly asked which device they would prefer out of the iPad Mini, Kindle Fire and Nexus 7 Tablet, the Kindle came out on top with 46 percent, followed by the iPad Mini (40 percent) and Nexus a distant third (14 percent).
Size was the major factor driving demand for the iPad Mini with 25 percent saying it was the most impressive feature, followed by “speed and performance” (22 percent) and enhanced battery life (22 percent).
The survey also asked U.S. consumers about their general attitude toward Apple. More than 1 in 4 (26 percent) believe Apple’s reputation has been tarnished by the iMaps fiasco following the iPhone 5 release, and nearly half (45 percent) believe Apple is an inferior company since current CEO Tim Cook took over from Steve Jobs.
Other notable findings from the research found:
- Current iPad owners were even more likely to purchase the iPad Mini with 30 percent saying they would “definitely” purchase the new device and 39 percent saying they will “probably” purchase one.
- The 3G or 4G iPad Mini is set to be marginally more popular than the Wifi only version with 51 percent of those intending to buy an iPad Mini preferring the cellular version.
- Environmental friendly materials are a key driver for more than one-third of US consumers with 35 percent claiming the environmentally friendly and recyclable materials will positively impact their decision to buy one.
- The iPad Mini is set to become a hot holiday gift with 1 in 5 (21 percent) planning to buy the tablet as a holiday gift.
- The double camera was the least impactful feature with only 7 percent nominating it as a standout feature.
This survey was conducted online within the United States on October 23, 2012 among 2,000 adults (aged 18 and over). Respondents for this survey were selected from among those who have agreed to participate in Toluna surveys online. Figures for age, gender, education, race/ethnicity and region were weighted where necessary to bring them into line with their actual proportions in the online population. In addition, the percentage of iPad owners was weighted to their proportion in the online population. Because the sample is based on those who agreed to participate in Toluna surveys, no estimates of theoretical sampling error can be calculated.
For more information on the results from this Survey, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Toluna QuickSurveys
Toluna QuickSurveys takes the simplicity and cost-effectiveness of DIY survey-tools and adds speed and reliability by providing direct access to a global panel of four million people available to respond to surveys. No other survey tool in the market can match the speed, reliability and cost-effectiveness.
To learn more please visit www.quicksurveys.com.
I find articles like this trying. The “survey” methodology reveals that this is a hyper opinion piece, not a reliable survey of Apple customers.
What kind of malarky is it to ask users if they are disgruntled because something new came out quicker than they thought it should? Talk about supporters of class envy.
WIth criticism of “the iMap fiasco,” this piece comes across as just another Apple-bashing blah, blah, blah. Were there any questions asking what they thought of Apple’s quick response to dealing with iMaps? Hmm.
Leave a Comment
- Pixalate Raises $4.6 Million to Bring Free Real-Time Ad Viewability and Fraud Detection to Brands and Agencies
- Opera Mediaworks Reveals 6 Biggest Mobile Advertising Trends of 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day
- Adobe: Digital Magazine Circulation, Engagement are On the Rise
- New Adchemy Software Puts Multiplier Effect On Keyword Search Campaign Revenue
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Pixalate Raises $4.6 Million to Bring Free Real-Time Ad Viewability and Fraud Detection to Brands and Agencies December 11th 2013 SANTA MONICA, Calif.,December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Pixalate, a leading [...] more »
- Opera Mediaworks Reveals 6 Biggest Mobile Advertising Trends of 2013 December 11th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS — In a [...] more »
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Marketers all have different opinions about how much [...] more »
- Adobe: Digital Magazine Circulation, Engagement are On the Rise December 10th 2013 ADOTAS — Today, Adobe released data showing significant circulation growth [...] more »
- New Adchemy Software Puts Multiplier Effect On Keyword Search Campaign Revenue December 10th 2013 SEARCH INSIDER SUMMIT, PARK CITY, Utah, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- Exclusive: American Laser Skincare Taps Matomy as Agency of Record December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Today, American Laser Skincare, a large provider of laser [...] more »
- Unicorn Media’s Dynamic Ad Insertion Technology Enables Video Monetization on Twitter December 10th 2013 TEMPE, AZ, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Unicorn Media, the [...] more »
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Sharpen Your Marketing Strategy with Accountable Media December 10th 2013
- Female Game Players are Stealing TV Advertising Budgets December 10th 2013
- Media Consolidation Is Revolutionizing Marketing December 9th 2013
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- CimatronE 11 Provides Italian Manufacturer With Major Gun Drilling Efficiencies | contractor-software.us: [...] SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet Click fraud, pixel-jacking and
- Cory Grassell: As an addendum to my previous post, I failed to consider Twitter. I suppose that
- Cory Grassell: Ten seems like a bit much. I think you hit the nail on the head
- IOne LocalZimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves » IOne Local: [...] Castle. “They don’t just tackle our marketing problems; they help us continually improve ourbusiness. Zimmerman brought