Socialbakers’ Video Report Platform Takes the ‘Anal’ Out of Analytics
With all due respect to our readers who went to MIT, some of us, myself included, have never been anywhere near it. I’m a right-brain person, and as such, “data” and “analytics” are like some foreign-language words that have become ingrained in the American English vernacular. The two words combined make them that much harder for me to decipher. Put Google Analytics in front of me and I become something just short of a drooling idiot.
Today, at Engage 2012 in New York, I met someone who gets that. And not just any someone: Jan Rezab (pictured) is the CEO of Socialbakers, a global social media and digital analytics company with customers in 75 countries representing every continent. Socialbakers helps brands measure the effectiveness of their social marketing campaigns across all major networks, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+.
On the face of it, Rezab and I wouldn’t seem to have much in the way of common ground. But during his presentation at Engage this morning, he said something that really got my attention: “Google Analytics was created by engineers for engineers.”
“I like where this is going,” I thought to myself. I didn’t know the half of it.
Rezab then went on to demonstrate Socialbakers’ new video reporting platform. With the push of a button, subscribers get a narrated video detailing the activity on their social brand pages, complete with the requisite charts and graphs. That’s when I tweeted:
“Socialbakers’ video social reporting takes the ‘anal’ out of ‘analytics.’”
I’d already scheduled a private briefing with Rezab for after his presentation. When we met, I told him what I’d tweeted. He reacted with stunned laughter. “I’m gonna have to use that in my closing statement,” he smiled.
I asked him to elaborate on his earlier statement about Google Analytics.
“It’s very unintuitive and hard to use, right?” Rezab said. I nodded. He went on to explain that many of his clients felt the same way, not just about Google’s statistical analysis platform, but other available alternatives as well. So the decision to create the company’s video report was largely customer-driven.
Rezab said Socialbakers’ user-friendly platform is in the very early stages of development, and today’s demonstration was the first time it had been shown anywhere.
“We are going to launch it in a couple of months,” he said. “Nobody’s ever seen anything like it before. It’s in our analytics platform. Many people ask, ‘Are you gonna produce that?’ No! It will be generated by the platform! So you come in, click it, five minutes, one minute, you’ve got it. People are amazed by that … You can upload it to YouTube as well – you can share your report.”
The video report platform, which Rezab said he hopes will be launched in January, will be subscription-based, with prices ranging from “$200 to several thousand dollars per month, depending on the volume of the pages [the subscriber is] monitoring.”
Rezab said Socialbakers has already amassed around 1,000 paying customers for its social engagement analytics platform, “so it’s churning. We have to take the analytics to another level; we have to keep developing it.”
Leave a Comment
- Personalization Isn’t Creepy; It’s a Reality & a Necessity for Success
- Big-Budget TV Ads Alone Aren’t Enough: Use Programmatic to Tell Your Brand Story
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me!
- Lotame and Optimizely Partner for Website Content Optimization and Personalization March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Lotame today announced [...] more »
- Study: 1% of Advertisers Generate 80% of Clicks Across 10 Search Categories in US, UK and France March 12th 2014 ROME, March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Paid search advertising is [...] more »
- Brainshark Launches Brainshark for Salesforce Work.com on Salesforce1 AppExchange March 12th 2014 WALTHAM, Mass., March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Brainshark, Inc., the [...] more »
- MediaBrix Launches In-Game Ad SDK for Intel’s Latest Platform March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) — MediaBrix, the leading [...] more »
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 — Fiverr®, the world’s largest [...] more »
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum March 11th 2014 VANCOUVER, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Shahrzad Rafati, founder and CEO [...] more »
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development March 11th 2014 NEW YORK, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Intent Media, an [...] more »
- Personalization Isn’t Creepy; It’s a Reality & a Necessity for Success March 12th 2014
- Big-Budget TV Ads Alone Aren’t Enough: Use Programmatic to Tell Your Brand Story March 12th 2014
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon March 11th 2014
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Dave Smith: Bill: Thanks a ton for this. I couldn't agree more. But, I'd take it even one
- Social Media Marketing Tools for Small Business | mobilephonemarketingmethods.com: [...] 5 Successful Marketing Methods in the New Age of Digital Consumption ADOTAS, on Tue,
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand – ADOTAS | Iphones Store: [...] Permalink [...]
- Courtesy to The Bellingham Business Journal | For Copywriters Only: [...] Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Fіnіѕhеԁ 3 Million Gigs® іn thе Palm οf Yουr