More articles by Mike Daly
Socialbakers’ Video Report Platform Takes the ‘Anal’ Out of Analytics
With all due respect to our readers who went to MIT, some of us, myself included, have never been anywhere near it. I’m a right-brain person, and as such, “data” and “analytics” are like some foreign-language words that have become ingrained in the American English vernacular. The two words combined make them that much harder for me to decipher. Put Google Analytics in front of me and I become something just short of a drooling idiot.
Today, at Engage 2012 in New York, I met someone who gets that. And not just any someone: Jan Rezab (pictured) is the CEO of Socialbakers, a global social media and digital analytics company with customers in 75 countries representing every continent. Socialbakers helps brands measure the effectiveness of their social marketing campaigns across all major networks, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+.
On the face of it, Rezab and I wouldn’t seem to have much in the way of common ground. But during his presentation at Engage this morning, he said something that really got my attention: “Google Analytics was created by engineers for engineers.”
“I like where this is going,” I thought to myself. I didn’t know the half of it.
Rezab then went on to demonstrate Socialbakers’ new video reporting platform. With the push of a button, subscribers get a narrated video detailing the activity on their social brand pages, complete with the requisite charts and graphs. That’s when I tweeted:
“Socialbakers’ video social reporting takes the ‘anal’ out of ‘analytics.’”
I’d already scheduled a private briefing with Rezab for after his presentation. When we met, I told him what I’d tweeted. He reacted with stunned laughter. “I’m gonna have to use that in my closing statement,” he smiled.
I asked him to elaborate on his earlier statement about Google Analytics.
“It’s very unintuitive and hard to use, right?” Rezab said. I nodded. He went on to explain that many of his clients felt the same way, not just about Google’s statistical analysis platform, but other available alternatives as well. So the decision to create the company’s video report was largely customer-driven.
Rezab said Socialbakers’ user-friendly platform is in the very early stages of development, and today’s demonstration was the first time it had been shown anywhere.
“We are going to launch it in a couple of months,” he said. “Nobody’s ever seen anything like it before. It’s in our analytics platform. Many people ask, ‘Are you gonna produce that?’ No! It will be generated by the platform! So you come in, click it, five minutes, one minute, you’ve got it. People are amazed by that … You can upload it to YouTube as well – you can share your report.”
The video report platform, which Rezab said he hopes will be launched in January, will be subscription-based, with prices ranging from “$200 to several thousand dollars per month, depending on the volume of the pages [the subscriber is] monitoring.”
Rezab said Socialbakers has already amassed around 1,000 paying customers for its social engagement analytics platform, “so it’s churning. We have to take the analytics to another level; we have to keep developing it.”
Leave a Comment
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- Watch it Live: Xbox Reveal, 5/21 at Noon EDT/10 a.m. PDT May 20th 2013 ADOTAS (via CNET) – Check out CNET’s live coverage of [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’ve solicited comments from industry leaders in [...] more »
- AFAIK: Poptent, Clear Channel Outdoor, Infusionsoft, Silverpop May 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Here’s what jumped out of my Inbox and [...] more »
- Live Twitter feed from Internet Week New York May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – This year’s Internet Week New York (#IWNY) will [...] more »
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Digital advertising and technology collide this week as [...] more »
- Report: David Karp sells Tumblr to Yahoo! for $1.1 Billion May 20th 2013 ADOTAS (via New York’s Daily News) — Who wants to [...] more »
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Pinterest Roundup — May 2013 | Technology for Publishing LLC: [...] Early Pinterest Analytics Show Brand Potential [...]
- YouTube Turns Eight As Platform Surpasses More Than 100 Hours Of Video … | HOW CAN I GET MONEY: [...] in the look, feel and behavior of Google Objects. The integration is easy, and
- MobiKeith: Well done. Gr8 read. Concepts can b used in general sales/marketing environment. Tx.
- Client News Weekly Wrap Up: [...] PunchTab founder and CEO Ramjet Kumaran, lists four best practices for using incentives to attract and