REDWOOD CITY, CA (October 18, 2012) – Rocket Fuel, the leading provider of artificial intelligence advertising solutions for digital marketers, today announced it will expand into Japan via a strategic alliance with cyber communications inc. (cci), Japan’s largest digital marketing company and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dentsu. Fueled by explosive demand for its artificial intelligence advertising technology among global brands and agencies, Rocket Fuel already has offices in 15 cities worldwide including New York, London, Toronto, and Hamburg.
- cci is the largest digital marketing company in Japan offering a full range of advanced digital marketing solutions for media buying, planning, execution, and measurement to more than 500 advertising agencies and over 500 publishers. Under the terms of the strategic alliance, cci will run its digital ad management service, “PerformanceX Management,” on top of Rocket Fuel’s platform, offering full-service brand and direct response campaigns to clients.
- cci and Rocket Fuel will send employees from each company to the other for training and knowledge sharing. Both Rocket Fuel and cci will educate the market on the innovations and performance improvements made possible through Rocket Fuel’s AI-managed advertising automation, and provide expertise to manage domestic and global campaigns on behalf of Japanese clients.
- cci chose Rocket Fuel to bring programmatic, intelligent, real-time media buying of exchange inventory to Japanese advertisers based on the strength of Rocket Fuel’s technology, customer references, and service teams. Rocket Fuel is the only real-time bidding and optimization platform that combines artificial intelligence with big data to deliver outstanding results from awareness to sales for more than 700 customers worldwide.
- Programmatic, real-time buying of exchange inventory currently accounts for less than 2% of media buys in Japan, but advertisers have expressed strong demand for the technology. As Japan’s largest digital marketing service provider, cci’s decision to work with Rocket Fuel will fuel the rapid uptake of programmatic buying among the country’s largest brands and agencies.
Rocket Fuel Continues Global Expansion:
- Rocket Fuel now has offices in 15 cities worldwide, including New York, London, Toronto, and Hamburg, and is on a rapid growth trajectory. Between 2009 and 2011, Rocket Fuel’s compound annual growth rate exceeded 325%, and in 2011, the company grew revenue to $45 million and reached EBITDA profitability in Q42011. The company has since grown headcount to 253 from 128 in 2011, and recently raised a new $50MM round of funding.
- Named #22 the Forbes list of America’s Most Promising Companies list in 2011, Rocket Fuel has received numerous other awards, including Top 100 Data 2.0 Companies 2012, Bay Area’s Top Workplaces 2012, AlwaysOn OnMedia 100 (2010, 2011, and 2012), AlwaysOn250 Global Top Private Companies (2011 and 2012), and JMP Securities 2012 Hot 100 Best Privately Held Software Companies.
- “Programmatic buying is transforming the global advertising sector, and we’ve seen unprecedented demand for our artificial intelligence advertising solutions from brands and agencies around the world,” said George John, CEO of Rocket Fuel. “Japan has a sophisticated advertising economy and is an important market for Rocket Fuel as we continue to expand globally. Signing a strategic alliance with the largest and most respected marketing services company in Japan is an honor, and will accelerate the adoption of Rocket Fuel’s technology to Japan’s top brands, agencies, and publishers. We look forward to working closely with cci.”
- “From many possible solutions, we chose to create a strategic alliance with Rocket Fuel to deliver its artificial intelligence solution for programmatic buying of display, video, mobile, and social media to our over 1,000 agency and publisher customers, said Hideyuki Nagasawa, President and CEO of cci. “Rocket Fuel clearly provides the best automated optimization technology on the market. With Rocket Fuel, advertisers and publishers can harness the power of real-time Advertising That LearnsTM technology to obtain optimal performance and ROI from every single impression served.
About Rocket Fuel Inc.
Rocket Fuel is the leading provider of artificial intelligence advertising solutions that transform digital media campaigns into self-optimizing engines that learn and adapt in real-time, and deliver outstanding results from awareness to sales. Recently awarded #22 in Forbes Most Promising Companies in America list, over 700 of the world’s most successful marketers trust Rocket Fuel to power their advertising across display, video, mobile, and social media. Founded by online advertising veterans and rocket scientists from NASA, DoubleClick, IBM, and Salesforce.com, Rocket Fuel is based in Redwood Shores, California, and has offices in fifteen cities worldwide including New York, London, Toronto, and Hamburg.
cci is a total interactive marketing company having its headquarters in Japan and now expanding into other Asian market with a branch in Singapore. We are committed to help publishers, advertising agencies, and clients to gain access to a full range of digital communication, while remaining on the leading edge of the digital frontier. We serve more than 500 advertising agencies and more than 500 publishers in Japan. By planning and marketing advertising products and services for transmission through cutting-edge media and devices, we have continued to offer “one-stop” marketing services in the interactive domain, based on our sophisticated technology; ad network and ad exchange for publishers and ad platform for advertising agencies and advertisers.