Non-Profits Using Mobile Signup Ads to Benefit and Mobilize Local Communities
BROOKLYN, NY (October 23, 2012) –Pontiflex, Inc., the industry’s leading mobile signup ad platform, today announced that non-profits and organizations with a social focus account for more than 10 percent of campaigns on the AdLeads mobile signup advertising platform. Organizations benefiting from AdLeads, such as DoGoodBuyUs, nycTIES, Missing Autism and ChangeForGreen.com, are involved in a variety of initiatives – from connecting eco-friendly charities with donors to helping build an organic rooftop garden that will be used to create opportunities for people with barriers to move toward economic independence in New York City.
To assist non-profits and organizations that support social causes, Pontiflex also announced today a signup ad creative contest. Three organizations with the most compelling signup ad creative will be awarded free campaigns that will allow them to increase their email database by 1,000 signups. Non-profit organizations can enter for the contest at http://www.adleads.com/nonprofit.
Through AdLeads, advertisers can run mobile signup ads targeted to specific neighborhoods, cities, states or countries. Signup ads allow people to opt in to hear from organizations they like with their email address. Organizations only pay when a person actually signs up to hear from them, and never pay for wasted clicks or impressions. The guaranteed return on investment is especially important for non-profit organizations focused on making sure money raised from donors is channeled towards actual program work instead of fundraising.
One organization benefiting from signup ads is New York-based DoGoodBuyUs, the largest marketplace of charity-made products. More than 50 percent of each sale goes towards fighting poverty, hunger, disease, environmental degradation and other life-threatening ills around the globe. Through its website and weekly newsletter, DoGoodBuyUs is focused on building a community of socially conscious mobile consumers they can engage with via email and social media.
Today, more than 75 percent of DoGoodBuyUs’ email database is comprised of people who have signed up to hear from them via the AdLeads platform via their mobile devices. Since the organization began its AdLeads campaign, more than 20 percent of the company’s subscriber base visits the site more than twice a week. In addition, the average sale per newsletter has gone up by 33 percent since the start of the campaign.
“With search engine advertising, you end up paying a lot for clicks that amount to nothing,” said Zach Rosenberg (pictured), CEO, DoGoodBuyUs. “As a result, managing and optimizing campaigns can be an exhaustive process. With AdLeads, you only pay when someone signs up. Getting tangible returns for every dollar you spend on advertising is a big thing for a small business.”
By way of another example, nycTIES is a non-profit organization based in New York City. The organization partners young professionals in New York City with local charities for the goal of building strong ties within the New York community.
nycTIES ran a mobile signup ad campaign targeted towards these young professionals,asking them to sign up for the nycTIES newsletter. The weekly newsletter outlines volunteer opportunities in the New York area and spotlights local volunteers who have made an impact by donating their skills. It also promotes upcoming events, including their annual gala in November. Proceeds from this event will go toward building a rooftop garden for the training of New York culinary chefs of Fedcap. Fedcap creates opportunities for people with barriers to move toward economic independence as valued and contributing members of society.
“With Pontiflex AdLeads, we are able to target ads locally,” said Elise King, President, nycTIES. “Engaging local community members is critical to the success of our organization. Our newsletter open rates are at historic highs since we started the campaign.”
Missing Autism is another non-profit organization using AdLeads. Missing Autism helps locate autistic children separated from their primary care providers. Persons with autism may have communication problems and difficulties cognitively expressing themselves. If a child with severe autism wanders off, they may not be able to tell their name, address or other helpful information.
Through their AdLeads campaign, the organization asks people to sign up via their mobile devices for AMBER Alerts that inform them of missing autistic children in their area.
“There are so many organizations around the world mobilizing local communities to make a real change for the better,” said Zephrin Lasker, CEO and Co-founder, Pontiflex. “We’re happy to give them an easy to use self-serve mobile ad tool that helps them reach and engage community members effectively.”
- Join Borrell Associates for an exclusive webinar featuring DoGoodBuyUs and their use of Pontiflex AdLeads on Tuesday, October 23 at 1:30 EDT. For more details or to register, click here.
AdLeads is the industry’s first self-serve mobile signup ad platform. With AdLeads, businesses of all sizes can run ads on top iPhone, iPad and Android apps. They only pay when someone signs up to hear from them — and never for wasted clicks or impressions. Since its launch in March 2012, hundreds of businesses like children’s publisher Paper Hat Press, Brooklyn-based restaurant Nita Nita and Australian daily deal website Catalogue Central have used AdLeads to get new customers and grow their businesses.
- Pingback from October 2012 | Point-Bl_nk Communication
Leave a Comment
- IAB Releases Native Advertising Playbook
- Appia Launches Native Ads for App Discovery
- Kitara Media Acquires Healthguru.Com; Combined Business 2014 Revenues Estimated At $50MM
- Lenovo Names TubeMogul Its Global Partner for Programmatic Video Advertising
- Lionsgate Partners with Mobiquity to Promote ‘Ender’s Game,’ ‘Divergence’
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- IAB Releases Native Advertising Playbook December 4th 2013 NEW YORK, December 4, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Native has become [...] more »
- Appia Launches Native Ads for App Discovery December 4th 2013 DURHAM, NC, December 4, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Appia, the leading mobile user [...] more »
- Kitara Media Acquires Healthguru.Com; Combined Business 2014 Revenues Estimated At $50MM December 4th 2013 Kitara Media Acquires Top Health Video Site HealthGuru.com from Kitara [...] more »
- Lenovo Names TubeMogul Its Global Partner for Programmatic Video Advertising December 4th 2013 EMERYVILLE, Calif., December 4, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Today, TubeMogul was [...] more »
- Lionsgate Partners with Mobiquity to Promote ‘Ender’s Game,’ ‘Divergence’ December 4th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the year’s most anticipated films, “Ender’s [...] more »
- LiveRail Touts $100 Million Run Rate, Preps for IPO in 2014 December 4th 2013 ADOTAS — The demand for programmatic advertising has exploded, with [...] more »
- Infographic: Branded Video Sharing Almost 50X Higher In 2013 Than In 2006 December 4th 2013 NEW YORK, December 4, 2013 (ADOTAS) — The sharing of [...] more »
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Paid to Post? What the Social Workforce Means for All of Us December 4th 2013
- Take the Time to Do Native Right December 2nd 2013
- Big Brands Have the Edge in Search Engine Results December 2nd 2013
- Disappointing Black Friday Sales? It’s Not Too Late to Profit from the Holidays December 2nd 2013
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Audience Development Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Big Brands Have the Edge in Search Engine Results « egy: [...] Permalink [...]
- How to improve your website's SEO - Business Record |: [...] the sites don't really …The 10 Most Cringe-Worthy SEO Myths Ever ToldBusiness 2 CommunityBig
- Gamers Gain Elite Status with Cadillac Campaign | Raldo Loijens: [...] a push to brand the elite gamers as Cadillac Elite. Cadillac Elite is being
- David: I hope my SEO-customers with semi-big brands do not read this - they might be