Microsoft: $61M Adchemy Investment is Paying Off for Clients of Bing Ads
FOSTER CITY, CALIF. (Octover 19, 2012) — Adchemy®, Inc., a leading advertising technology company, today announced that a year into its relationship with Microsoft Corp. more than 100 IntentMaps™ are being used by advertisers to simplify and profitably expand their search campaigns on the Yahoo! Bing Network. Among the prominent retailers benefiting from Adchemy’s IntentMap™ technology are From You Flowers, Macy’s, Meijer, Modcloth, Newegg, Overstock.com and Native Remedies.
IntentMaps are used by companies to transform the reach, relevance, efficiency and profitability of their search campaigns. Traditionally, paid search campaigns have been built by monetizing keywords to target advertising to users. Adchemy’s IntentMap technology focuses instead on the underlying intent within the consumer query. This allows search engine marketers (SEMs) to build campaigns that provide comprehensive coverage of search queries and structure those campaigns with tightly knit ad groups and automatically generate highly relevant search ads. Organizing campaigns based on intent also enables powerful campaign management capabilities, bringing increased efficiency to SEM teams and providing relief from unwieldy keyword campaigns.
“Advertisers managing campaigns on Bing Ads know their ads are reaching an audience that is significant, unique, distinct and highly valuable. Understanding intent is a critical factor in improving the online experience, and our relationship with Adchemy helps advertisers recognize the intent behind a user query to deliver a more compelling experience,” said David Pann, general manager, Search Network, Microsoft. “We look forward to working with Adchemy to bring the power of IntentMaps to even more Bing Ads advertisers.”
Advertisers using IntentMaps for their search campaigns on Bing Ads or Google AdWords see the benefits of growing their search footprints exponentially, yet with less effort. With IntentMaps, advertisers realize tangible benefits for their search campaigns, including:
- Scale: Using IntentMapsTM, Adchemy’s largest customer campaigns have increased to include more than 1 million keywords yet are being managed by only approximately 1,400 intents. The average campaign has seen a 436 percent increase in traffic-generating keywords.
- Simplification: The average campaign using IntentMaps is managed using approximately 430 intents, representing approximately 500,000 keywords, simplifying paid search management by more than 1000-fold.
- Relevance: Campaigns using IntentMaps are characterized by themed ad groups resulting in highly relevant ad copy that is generated automatically, with typical campaigns seeing a 7,000 percent increase in the number of ads.
“We have a very ambitious vision of transforming this space to help solve the problems of search and digital advertising by using intent,” said Murthy Nukala (pictured), founder and CEO, Adchemy. “Reaching the 100 IntentMap milestone validates both the enormous opportunity for search advertisers that still exists and the value that focusing on User Intent can bring to consumers and advertisers alike.”
“We’re trying to reach prospective customers searching for vintage-inspired clothing, shoes, and accessories,” said Jeremy Post, head of acquisition marketing, ModCloth. “IntentMaps help us serve relevant, quality ads at scale and link those customers directly to the relevant landing pages for the clothing they want, helping us to grow sales. Eighty-six percent of the conversions we receive from Adchemy campaigns are from new customers. Given the repeat purchase behavior of our customers, Adchemy is truly helping ModCloth fuel our long-term growth.”
For more on how Adchemy IntentMapTM technology improves paid search campaigns, please visit:http://www.adchemy.com.
Adchemy® produces advertising technology that helps advertisers leverage consumer intent to create more effective digital advertising experiences. Listed byThe Wall Street Journal as one of the top 50 venture-backed companies in the U.S. in 2010, Adchemy, Inc. is a rapidly growing Silicon Valley company backed by Accenture, August Capital, Mayfield Fund, and Microsoft. For more information, please visit www.adchemy.com.
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]