Mercedes-Benz USA Offers Mobile Users Customized, Luxury Brand Experience On-The-Go
MONTVALE, NJ (October 16, 2012) – Mercedes-Benz USA (MBUSA) has introduced an enhanced mobile version of mbusa.com that enables it to communicate key brand and product attributes to customers, provide valuable vehicle information and ensure that customers are efficiently connected with Mercedes-Benz dealers at any time from their mobile device. MB USA has teamed with mobile and multi-channel platform company Usablenet to create this dedicated mobile web experience designed specifically for smartphone users.
Over the last year, mobile traffic to mbusa.com has grown by 170 percent. In response to this strong customer demand, Mercedes has enhanced its mobile site to offer customers a seamless experience while engaging with the brand from their mobile phones.
“Mercedes-Benz USA is committed to deepening customer engagement through a branded mobile experience that measurably drives consideration of Mercedes-Benz vehicles,” said Eric Jillard, department manager, digital marketing & CRM at MBUSA. “Usablenet enables us to reach the on-the-go customer with a unique and brand-commensurate mobile experience that reinforces our brand equity, supports customer loyalty, and adds value to the vehicle research and purchase journey.”
The new smartphone-optimized site delivers a luxury user experience through deep understanding of the car buyer’s behavior and needs. It offers:
- An engaging way to discover and learn about its full line of luxury vehicles through comprehensive auto specifications, high resolution image galleries with carousel browsing and tap-tap zoom functionality, compelling videos and more.
- GPS functionality to make it easy for customers to find a nearby authorized dealer.
- Immediate access to owner resources, regular offers and other opportunities, all developed and powered by Usablenet’s cloud-based platform.
- The ability to customize vehicle interior options and change exterior colors.
“The modern car buyer does not wish to be tethered to their computer to research vehicles,” said Usablenet Chief Marketing Officer Carin Van Vuuren. “Instead, today’s shoppers are demanding an ‘always-on’ digital approach from automotive brands that includes a strong mobile component. With the recent enhancements made to the mobile user experience, Mercedes-Benz is setting a high standard for multi-channel engagement that is consistent with its storied brand.”
To acquire additional qualitative feedback on what its mobile customers expect, Mercedes is planning to launch a mobile user survey later this year to receive direct feedback from its mobile customers in order to deliver a consistently innovative and useful mobile experience.
About Mercedes-Benz USA
Mercedes-Benz USA (MBUSA), headquartered in Montvale, New Jersey, is responsible for the distribution, marketing and customer service for all Mercedes-Benz and Maybach products in the United States. MBUSA offers drivers the most diverse line-up in the luxury segment with 14 model lines ranging from the sporty C-Class to the flagship S-Class sedans and the SLS AMG supercar.
MBUSA is also responsible for the distribution, marketing and customer service of Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Vans and smart in the US. More information on MBUSA and its products can be found at www.mbusa.com, www.mbsprinterusa.com and www.smartusa.com.
Usablenet is a global technology leader for mobile and multichannel customer engagement. Usablenet’s mobile technology platform allows leading companies in all sectors to extend their brand to consumers across multiple channels, including mobile phones, mobile applications, tablets, Facebook, in-store kiosks, and other platforms — with minimal impact to the client’s IT resources. Usablenet customers include ShopNBC, Amtrak, Tesco, Expedia, FedEx, Hilton, Marks & Spencer, British Airways, Victoria’s Secret, and others. Founded in 2000, Usablenet is a private company headquartered in New York City with offices in Los Angeles, Italy and London. For more information, visit us at http://www.usablenet.com or on Twitter @Usablenet.
- Pingback from Mercedes-Benz USA Offers Mobile Users Customized, Luxury Brand Experience … | EXCLUSIVE PHONES
- Pingback from Mercedes-Benz USA Offers Mobile Users Customized, Luxury Brand Experience On-The-Go | Automotive Customer Experience Excellence | Scoop.it
Leave a Comment
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- NetSeer Appoints Dennis Clerke President of Monetization December 5th 2013 MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – NetSeer™, the [...] more »
- RealityMine Acquires USA TouchPoints December 5th 2013 MANCHESTER, U.K., December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) — RealityMine, a leading [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Paid to Post? What the Social Workforce Means for All of Us December 4th 2013
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Audience Development Manager
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers?: [...] like Digimarc have been bridging the gap between print ads and online tracking by
- Big Brands Have the Edge in Search Engine Results « egy: [...] Permalink [...]