Lenovo and Covario Win Brandon Hall Award for Paid Search and Social Media Initiative
SAN DIEGO (October 10, 2012) – Covario, a leading independent search marketing agency, and Lenovo, one of the world’s premier PC manufacturers, were recently recognized with a gold medal for having the “Best Marketing Impact” in the Sales and Marketing category of the 2012 Brandon Hall Excellence Awards.
Initially launched in late 2010, the winning award combination effectively extended Lenovo’s global “For Those Who Do” campaign. The initiative with Covario centered around a branding effort to engage difficult to reach 18 to 34-year-olds through paid search on Google, Bing, Yahoo, and other search engines.
The winning strategy also encompassed an array of innovative social media tactics, including Facebook and Google TV ads, as well as leveraging educational, environmental, and sports-related content on Lenovo’s Web pages.
As part of the program, Covario built an analytic framework to show how targeted television ads and paid search drive awareness, consideration, and ultimately purchase. Display and outdoor digital (within emerging markets) advertising were also tied together with paid search ads.
The results included shares of impressions increasing 500 percent; shares of clicks rising 55 percent; and the percentage of visitors to Lenovo Web properties going up 79 percent, with nearly 95 percent of them being first time visitors. Plus, nearly 75 percent of the visitors globally came to the website through paid search ads.
In the U.S., the effort achieved a holiday-season “share-of-voice” of 56 percent among the targeted 18 to 34-year-old set. In the U.K. and Germany, these impressions reached 51 and 63 percent, respectively.
The program’s success led Lenovo to expanded PPC (pay-per-click) advertising and social media integration as key elements of the “For Those Who Do” campaign throughout 2011 and into 2012 to several more countries, where the focus continued to be on the global interactive youth market. The campaign registering an 833 percent improvement in share-of-voice metrics for the keyword “laptops” from the second quarter of last year to the second quarter of this year.
According to Rachel Ashkin, chief operating officer of the Brandon Hall Group, “Covario and Lenovo were awarded a gold medal for exhibiting an innovative strategy to extend global brand awareness through an investment in pure ‘branding campaigns’ using paid search. They demonstrated impressive, break-through results across all categories of the program, including business alignment, marketing approach and strategy, audience connection, measurable results and overall impact.
The Brandon Hall Group is a leading analyst and research organization with expertise in talent management, learning and development, sales, marketing and executive management.
“We’re honored to share this award with our client and the talented team we work with at Lenovo,” said Jeff Johnson, senior vice president and managing director at Covario. “Brandon Hall has a rigorous set of criteria built into this program. I’m happy our focus on developing a true client partnership combined with our passion for delivering tangible ROI played a key part with the judges in selecting us for this award.”
Last month, Covario was selected for the second consecutive year as a two-time finalist by OMMA (Online Media, Marketing and Advertising) magazine for its annual Online Advertising Creativity Awards with clients Samsung and Guthy-Renker in the SEO and SEM categories, respectively. Covario was also named by OMMA as the 2011 Search Agency of the Year. Additionally, the firm was one of only nine companies selected from more than 100 considered for the 2011 Forrester Research Wave of U.S. Search Marketing Agencies.
Covario is a leading provider of search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) agency services and management solutions. The firm was selected by OMMA as the 2011 Search Agency of the Year. It was one of only nine agencies from more than 100 considered to make the 2011 Forrester Research Wave of U.S. Search Marketing Agencies. Covario is also the developer of a unique platform for cross-media optimization and attribution analysis, known as the Covario CMO Dashboard™. Headquartered in San Diego, the firm has about 200 team members worldwide. It also has offices in Chicago, London, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, and Sao Paulo. Covario’s growing customer base includes world leaders in technology, consumer electronics, retail, ecommerce, financial services, media, entertainment, publishing, and consumer packaged goods. More information is available at http://www.covario.com.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]